+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Joey Fatone

Fatone is ready for a new kind of 'Fame'

Fatone is ready for a new kind of 'Fame'

By Karen Thomas, USA TODAY
    http://www.usatoday.com/life/2003-05-27-fatone_x.htm

Justin Timberlake has a tough critic in 'N Sync band mate Joey Fatone, who hopes to catch Timberlake's concert tour with Christina Aguilera in coming months. "We support everybody, but we let them know when something's bad," Fatone says.

The 'N Sync fivesome isn't due to regroup in the recording studio until September, after a year in which most band members did the Me Thing. Timberlake and JC Chasez produced solo albums, and Lance Bass tried to take a rocket ride and was a judge on NBC's America's Most Talented Kid.

Fatone's TV hosting gig debuts tonight, as the frontman for Fame (8 ET/PT, NBC), one of the latest talent-search shows ŕ la American Idol. But these aren't neighborhood kids competing, Fatone says. The stage will be filled with pros who've been preparing for months.

The summer series is a reality-based version of the 1980 movie and '80s TV series. Actress and choreographer Debbie Allen, who starred in the film and the TV show, coaches contestants through the rigorous auditions. Three judges will eliminate candidates (ages 16 and up) based on singing and dancing ability and stage presence.

Fatone, 26, got some pretty good reviews for his four-month Broadway experience in Rent last year, so he says he's up for the job. As host, he's supposed to provide comic relief. "You have to have a little fun," he says. "I'll jazz it up to make folks relax."

Fatone isn't lifting any style techniques from the growing legions of TV talent-show hosts, led by Idol's Ryan Seacrest. But Fatone (a Clay Aiken fan) does promise "honesty. I'll come out and flat-out say how I feel."

Fatone says his year off from touring and recording has been a chance to reconnect with his girlfriend of nine years, Kelly Baldwin, and their daughter Briahna, 2. When the group hits the road next year, Baldwin and Briahna will be with him.

Maybe even as a married family.

"Sometime soon," he says of marriage. "We're still trying to juggle our daughter, and at 2 she's really running around. When she was born, it was hard to think of marriage."

But the idea seems to be gaining a foothold. "Hopefully, (Kelly) says yes," he says.

I thought he was a boring host.
    -phusion :phhht

FORT Fogey
    Originally posted by phusion
    I thought he was a boring host.
    Agreed! Hopefully he'll get better with time, but I would prefer if they just replaced him.

He just needs to losen up a little. Maybe a drink (one) might do the trick.

Joey Fatone, Host

Joey Fatone is a native New Yorker who recently made his Broadway debut in "Rent" as Mark. Joey is a member of the internationally renowned pop group *NSYNC, which has sold more than 22 million records worldwide and whose album, “No Strings Attached,” holds the record for most copies sold in a debut week (2.4 million). Fatone was also thrilled to be part of the cast of the of last summer’s hit film, My Big Fat Greek Wedding, produced by Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson. His other film credits include On the Line and the upcoming The Cooler, starring Alec Baldwin and William H. Macy.

KevinColley#16 BST!!!!!!! Clayalltheway49's Avatar
    Wow that is an old picture of Joey!!! FYI...he is from Brooklyn NY in case you wanted a lil more....
    LETS GO ISLANDERS AND SOUNDTIGERS!!!!

Well I don't really listen to music like NSYNC, although I know who they are. I only liked one song of theirs. IMO on this show he is a rather boring host. I hate to say it, but I like Ryan Secreast as a host much better. However I am impressed that he is in Rent, good for him. Don't quit that job Joey, you won't be getting a talk show any time soon!
    Spay and Neuter your Pets!
    www.chemkim.com

Well, I actually like Joey as a host better than Seacrest, but then again I never have liked Seacrest too much. I am not an Nsync fan either, can't even name a single song by them, but Joey is doing a good job hosting (he is thankfully not trying to tell jokes that do not make me laugh).

I think he's doing a great job. I have heard many, many, many Nsync songs, over and over and over, but then again I have an 11 year old daughter

I can't look at him without picturing him saying "We're gonna kill ya" with a big ol' smile on his face.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I think Joey is doing well.
    He's pretty understated and isn't trying to make it all about him.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast