+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Fame- the show

FORT Regular

Gene Anthony Ray

Just had to post this in regards to a previous message I posted about Gene Anthony Ray who played Leroy in the movie Fame. According to the June 16th issue of People magazine, Gene in now living in New York and looking for work as a choreographer.

At least he is not working as an exotic dancer anymore!!

FORT Fogey
    Here's a picture of Gene Anthony Ray (Leroy).

More Leroy pictures at:

http://www.geocities.com/WestHollyw...910/genear.html

WARNING: Before opening, some of the pictures are fairly explicit!
    Attached Images Attached Images

FORT Newbie
    I would LOVE to get ahold of the TV series on Video. Anyone know where I can find it?

I love the movie, Fame! Doris' talent was supposed to be singing, but as she performed, her acting came through---atleast that's how I took it. Anyway, I don't think "Fame," is being "milked," it's legendary, and Debbie Allen got the "nod" for the show because she is a brilliant choreographer.
    Erica T.

Wait, sorry, I have something else to say-----does ANYONE remember the second Fame series called Fame L.A.? I think it came on channel 64 back in 1997-1998, and followed the lives of several adult performers. The R&B group AZ Yet sang the Fame song as the opening theme. Does anyone remember that show?! I just remember the female latin dancer, and her black boyfriend. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
    Erica T.

FORT Regular
    I watched Fame L.A. as much as I could but I missed some of the episodes unfortunately. I liked it but then again I like anything that has good music and dancing in it.

Oh, the latin dancer was played by Roselyn Sanchez.

FORT Fogey
    I've never seen Fame L.A., but here's a link with information about it:

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0119101

FORT Regular
    Had to reply because I was a total fame nerd - have seen the movie more times than I can probably count, and was probably too young to have seen it given the whole topless thing (tres jolie, coco, tres jolie - gives me nightmares) and other adult themes. Nevertheless, just reading this post has put the song from Leroy's audition in my head (remember Debbie's line? Judge #1: "what do you call that?" Debbie: "wicked").

So, it goes without question that I never missed the TV show. But it was a long time ago.... Remember Jessie (don't know his real name) and Nicole (Nia Peeples)? Didn't Nicole fall off a stage and die? Or am I making that up?

I remember a number when Leroy was singing about a Mannequin, and I remember him singing about Desdemona, and there was something with a dancing snowman that maybe Danny sang. Yes, a dancing snowman. Now that's quality TV.

FORT Regular
    LOL Loved your reply. Yes, there was a dancing snowman but that was a musical number with Leroy.

"Somebody Must Be Grinning Down On Me"

Jesse Velasquez was played by Jesse Borrego.

"Nicole" died in a drunk driving accident but there was an episode where Jesse fell off a stage but he didn't die.

Originally posted by IMHO

I remember a number when Leroy was singing about a Mannequin, and I remember him singing about Desdemona, and there was something with a dancing snowman that maybe Danny sang. Yes, a dancing snowman. Now that's quality TV.
    I can't remember the dancing snowman, but I can remember the words to the chorus of Mannequin, which is really sad of me.

I really hated the song "High Fidelity" that Doris screeched.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast