+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Fame- the show

Lori Singer

Enygma you must been thinking about the actress Lori Singer sister of star of The Beastmaster and V himself Marc Singer and cousin of X-Men 1 and 2 Director Bryan Singer. She played cellist Julie Miller on the show and played in Footloose with Mr. Kevin Bacon and that's where Six Degrees Of Kevin Bacon is part of the show. :cool:

Some kick @$$ performers came out of the "fame" school--Wesley Snipes. He went from a Levi(?) commercial - playing a pimp "Silk" on Miami Vice to where he is now.

I loved the movie and the series. I was really into dance and theater when I was in HS (geek! geek!) and dreamed of making it big time.

The guy from the movie whose mother was a movie star and who came out as queer is now "Romano" on ER

Oh, do you mean the GAY guy?

He sounds and looks the same, except for the hair or lack of. What a diffence in character from being pushed around to pushing around with full force. Except, now he'll have to do it with one hand only...too bad, so sad.

FORT Fogey
    That was Montgomery, right?

Here is the movie cast:

Eddie Barth.....Angelo
    Irene Cara.....Coco
    Lee Curreri.....Bruno
    Laura Dean.....Lisa
    Antonia Franceschi.....Hilary
    Boyd Gaines.....Michael
    Albert Hague.....Shorofsky
    Tresa Hughes.....Mrs. Finsecker
    Steve Inwood.....Francois Lafete
    Paul McCrane.....Montgomery
    Anne Meara.....Mrs. Sherwood
    Joanna Merlin.....Miss Berg
    Barry Miller.....Ralph
    Jim Moody.....Farrell
    Gene Anthony Ray.....Leroy
    Maureen Teefy.....Doris
    Debbie Allen.....Lydia
    Richard Belzer .....Nightclub Comic

The only ones I knew of that got really famous were Irene Cara and Debbie Allen, but then again, I don't watch ER.

-sarah-
    i watched it.

personally i like american idol better, but thats just me

The Ralph character was the most interesting. Bruno should have stayed home. I watched it for the singing and dancing. In the series the stories were okay. They did have on a few star guests. One of them was Russ Taublyn (sp) from West Side Story, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Tiny Thumb. In his day he was very athletic and could dance.

FORT Regular
    I've been reading the posts in this thread and felt the need to reply.

In the movie Doris Finsecker (played by Maureen Teefy) didn't sing very well, I agree. But I thought she sounded better in Grease 2.
    In the TV Series Doris Schwartz (played by Valerie Landsburg) could sing and she sang well. That was her major.

As for the comment about one of the main cast members dying of AIDS. I do not believe that is true. I know of several dancers from the show that have died of AIDS though. Gene Anthony Ray (who played Leroy Johnson) was reported in a tabloid as dying from AIDS but he is very much alive. I'm not so sure I can say alive and well. Because truthfully, I don't think he is well. I've had people tell me that they've met him on the streets of Italy and he's always drunk. Now, recently E! aired a showed called Child Stars of the 80's and Gene was profiled. Their reporter caught up with Gene in Italy just last year and you will never guess what he's doing to make a living ........STRIPPING! Yep, he's an "exotic dancer" (better known as a stripper). Here is a screen still I made from the show. He is going by "Leroy Johnson" which was his characters name on Fame.

He even said in the interview about how Debbie Allen always kept telling him to keep his clothes on.

As for Ralph Garcy (played by Barry Miller), you can see a list of his acting credits here: IMDB.com

Ok, not sure I commented on everything I might have wanted to but I'm sure this message is too long as it is.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Very weird he would be going by the character name. He was very talented. Sad he ended up on true hollywood story - which is the barometer of sad endings..

I had heard a cast member had died , but wasn't sure who . I think it was one of those 1 minute blurbs on Entertainment tonight or something..

FORT Regular
    Originally posted by enygma
    Very weird he would be going by the character name. He was very talented. Sad he ended up on true hollywood story - which is the barometer of sad endings..

I had heard a cast member had died , but wasn't sure who . I think it was one of those 1 minute blurbs on Entertainment tonight or something..

I didn't know that they did a True Hollywood Story on Gene. I miss so much!

Oh, yes, one of the cast members did die recently. Graham Jarvis who played Vice Principal Dyrenforth on Fame and was last seen playing Annie's father on 7th Heaven died on April 16th of multiple myeloma.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast