+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Debbie Allen, Trainer for Fame

I enjoyed the movie Fame and the first sesson of the series. I love to hear people sing and see them dance. I guess those of us who don't possess these wonderful talents take refuge in enjoying them.

I was wondering where they hold auditions. Is it in a set place or will they travel?

I have to relate a Debbie Allen story:

When my now 16 year old son was about 4 years old (maybe 3 or 5) Debbie Allen was on the cover of the Sunday Paper's TV Weekly. He carried that guide around for over 2 months because he thought she was so pretty.

I am going to make him watch some of this to see what his 16 year old self thinks of her now
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

FORT Fogey
    Originally posted by cali
    When my now 16 year old son was about 4 years old (maybe 3 or 5) Debbie Allen was on the cover of the Sunday Paper's TV Weekly. He carried that guide around for over 2 months because he thought she was so pretty.
    That's such a sweet story and I think it's nice that people are starting to recognize how beautiful we minorities can be...

I just hope that she isn't too much like her character from Fame, although it appears from the previews like she will be.

I'm actually really looking forward to this show...

FORT Fogey
    I like her so much more on this show than I did in the movie! She's wonderful!

Hug me!
    She is not too pleasant to look at.
    "Charla is intelligent and beautiful and I just felt really stupid for picking ... for, you know... liking someone that wasn't available really.. certainly not to me." Quote from Dave (Paradise Hotel).

FORT Regular
    I heard that Debbie wanted to make a new Fame series ... one with actors and scripts BUT someone talked her into jumping onto the reality tv bandwagon. I wasn't too particularly thrilled that she chose to do it but I must admit, I like the show.

Oh, and Debbie had NOTHING to do with the show going Broadway musical. It was the movie Fame's creator David De Silva who made Fame The Musical happen.

I watched the beginning of Fame last night and saw how she was with those nervous contestants. I was impressed by her professional, yet caring demeanor. She was part mother, friend, advisor, etc. That's the kind of person you want on your side.

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    Originally posted by enygma
    Debbie Allen Interview
    must have real player

A little insight from the lady herself on why her show is different.
    Thanks so much for the link. Debbie is so talented and this was a very good interview.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12