+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Episode 1: May 28 @ 8pm Eastern

Episode 1: May 28 @ 8pm Eastern

Series Premiere - LIVE
    05-28-2003 8:00PM

The Fame series will chronicle Debbie Allenís attempts to recruit multi-talented performers (ages 16 and up) from across the country, followed by an intense boot camp drill by Allen. As the group hones their skills and rehearse their routines in front of celebrity judges, family and friends, the field is narrowed. Viewers at home will determine who ultimately travels the path all the way to Fame. The first episode will be a two-hour special, where viewers will journey with Debbie Allen through the audition process to reveal the 24 finalists. Then, the first group of Debbie's protegees will perform solo and as a group in front of a live audience to see who advances to the next round..

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    Now THIS one I am going to watch! WEEEEEEE! Sounds great, John! WOOOO HOOOOO!

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I totally can't wait. Stylistically the contestants should blow the AI ones out of the water. You have to sing AND dance.
    Maybe thats why I was so cynical about AI , I thought it should be to Fame standards...

This just sounds like a co-ed All American Girl to me. Well, I watched that show (while it had a regular time) so I'll probably give this one a try.

After the "Claygate" sexual-orientation controversy, I pity any boy who goes into this singing and dancing competition who doesn't want to be "outed" --as gay or straight!
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

Hmm...This sounds interesting. I didn't even know this show was in the works until I found out here at FORT.

I think I'll watch it though...I need something to keep me entertained while American Idol is off-air.

I'll probably watch this one, and then make comparisons to American Idol. Fame sounds interesting though, since you have to sing and dance (which is hard to do simultaneously).
    You criticize and detest in others the faults you see in yourself or that you fear others see in you. - Zachary Podolsky, Harvard Crimson columnist

Originally posted by spegs
    This just sounds like a co-ed All American Girl to me. Well, I watched that show (while it had a regular time) so I'll probably give this one a try.

After the "Claygate" sexual-orientation controversy, I pity any boy who goes into this singing and dancing competition who doesn't want to be "outed" --as gay or straight!
    I hope this show gets better treatment than All American Girl.

I see what you mean about "Claygate"
    "That's Numberwang!"

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Well It depends on how much the contestants want the prize, How willing they are to come on the show.
    Compared to real life for those who do the circuit trying to get break , this is EZ .They are used to the cattle call type audition already.
    I honestly don't think They wouldn't give a second thought to what middle America thinks about their sexuality, as they would have dealt with that crap years ago. ( When they took their first dance class)
    Anyone can pick up a mic and sing someone elses songs, but you would have had to put in long hours in dance to apply here.

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    Just thought of something. Voting. You know, I don't think I'll be voting on this one. I'll root, but I won't vote. (Save this post, John, so you can throw it back in my face when I fall in love with some gawky tapdancing fool and spend three hours on the phone punching redial again.)

Do I have to watch fame now to hang out with all you guys? I swear, y'all are like those guys that push drugs on young kids near the playgrounds to get them hooked.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast