+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *NSync's Fatone Hosts 'Fame'

*NSync's Fatone Hosts 'Fame'

*NSync's Fatone Hosts 'Fame'

Tue, May 20, 2003 12:21 PM PDT

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - Joey Fatone will host NBC's talent-search series "Fame," continuing the network's program of providing members of *NSync with moonlighting gigs.

The show, which premieres at 8 p.m. ET Wednesday, May 28, is an "American Idol"-like competition to find multi-dimensional performers. Debbie Allen, who starred in the 1980 movie and subsequent TV series "Fame," is the lead scout.

Fatone, who recently made his Broadway debut in "Rent," will do his best Ryan Seacrest as host of the show. He follows in the footsteps of bandmate Lance Bass, who was a judge on "America's Most Talented Kid" earlier this season.

"Fame" will follow aspiring performers through initial auditions and the narrowing of the field to 24 semifinalists.

A group of six contestants will perform each week for four weeks, with the judges selecting who moves on to the final round. The decision will then be turned over to viewers, who will vote by phone to determine the winner.

The winner will receive management and recording contracts and a year-long stint at Allen's dance studio.

These Nsync guys are doing everything apart from perform as Nsync nowadays.

I think Joey will do a good job, he seems to be a likeable guy.

This show does rather have "cancelled" written all over it though imo.
    "That's Numberwang!"

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Joey is the most non popstar of those guys. Very personable , but not sure how he will be as a host. On the humor side, I guess this means N'sync really is history...

Did you ever watch the show Fluff ? I loved that show as a kid.

I used to watch it every week.
    I loved Leroy.

Someone told me he died of AIDS and I was crushed, until I found out that he didn't
    "That's Numberwang!"

I agree about Joey too, he's not very "popstarish".

I always thought he seemed like a nice guy and even though he only had a small role in MBFGW, I thought he was good.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Fatone and 'Fame' are 'N Sync
    Published May 25, 2003
    Scott Maxwell
    http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...news-headlines

On Wednesday night, NBC turns the spotlight on dozens of young performers who all want a shot at Fame.

Hosting the show will be an Orlando resident who already has achieved star status -- on the concert circuit, on Broadway and even in Hollywood.

Joey Fatone admits that life has been good in the past year.

After taking a break from 'N Sync, he earned strong reviews for his supporting part in the sleeper hit movie My Big Fat Greek Wedding. And his four-month stint starring in Broadway's Rent earned critical kudos and sent box-office receipts soaring.

"It's been wonderful," he said from a mall in Jupiter, where he was shopping for a birthday present before a Friday night party.

Fatone has come a long way from the days when he was playing the Wolfman in the "Beetlejuice Graveyard Revue" at Universal Studios.

This week, however, Fatone will take on the challenge of hosting a reality talent show, the likes of which TV producers have practically done to death in the past year. Fatone knows that his show will have to shine to stand out.

Helping him will be veteran performer Debbie Allen, who starred in the 1980 movie by the same name. Also distinct to this show is that the contestants are all trained singers and dancers. In other words, Fatone said, "This is not a cattle call."

But enough about that, Joey. How about some dirt? Have you finally made longtime girlfriend Kelly Baldwin a wife?

"Not yet," he said sheepishly.

Yet? It's been 10 years, hasn't it?

"Just about." (Then anxious laughter.)

OK. How about your 2-year-old daughter, Brianna?

"She's great. Running around, singing -- plenty of energy."

And what about the rest of the guys from the band? You guys keep in touch?

"Oh, yeah. I talked to Lance [Bass] just last week."

While Joey was being a good sport, none of this was going to make the National Enquirer.

But then, Fatone let me in on something that may prompt teenage squeals from coast to coast: 'N Sync is officially slated to get back together in September to start working on a new album.

It's no wedding announcement. But it'll do.

[IMG]images/img/joey_fatone_1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]images/img/joey_fatone_2.jpg[/IMG]

eny
    FORT Fogey
    He's co-hosted several times on Regis & Kelly and was great. Maybe a lot more than several since I do't see that show that often . Thats High pressure live TV , so I imagine he'll do fine.

I didn't know he'd been on Regis and Kelly.
    I'd have liked to have seen him.
    I think he seems like a really nice guy.
    "That's Numberwang!"

could you have maybe found some better pictures?

I like him, and to be honest every time I've seen nsynch interviewed as a band, I've liked them all.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast