+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NO Harlemm in Fame on 42nd Street

FORT Regular

NO Harlemm in Fame on 42nd Street

Here is an article posted at Playbill.com about how Harlemm Lee will not be in Fame on 42nd Street.

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/81606.html

VanillaOrchids, thanks for the update.

That's too bad. I thought that was supposed to be part of the price. Unless I misunderstood, does it mean that Harlemm won't be in that production at all?

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    VanillaOrchids, thanks for the update.

That's too bad. I thought that was supposed to be part of the price. Unless I misunderstood, does it mean that Harlemm won't be in that production at all?
    Yes, it was part of the prizes, sort of. The winner would have the opportunity to be in it, that didn't mean that it was a definite thing.

Harlemm will not be in it at all, at least not in this first cast. Perhaps in the future he may want to do it but he would probably have to go through the audition process then. That's my guess anyway. Time will tell, I suppose.

I think it's great that he's working hard for his album... sounds like a winner!! can't wait to buy it!!

VanillaOrchids, Thanks for the update! I'm going through Harlemm withdrawals and can't wait for his record to come out!

I'm not surprised that the Fame broadway contract ended up this way.
    I hope Harlemm isn't too disappointed. It does seem that there would be so much going on with the recording contract, promotions and performances that it would be really tough to be attached to a Broadway show as well.

Regardless, I would have loved to have seen Harlemm in a Broadway production of Fame. I wonder which part they would have cast him in?

+ Reply to Thread