+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Johnnie Really Doesn't Want Harlemm

Thanks IMHO, maybe we should plan a national time and date to play it all together, kind of like a protest in reverse. Hmmm, that might actually be called a national support time.
    "You got big dreams? You want FAME?
    Well FAME costs and right here's where you start paying,
    In sweat!" —Debbie Allen from the TV series.

FORT Fan
    I liked Shannon alot better than Harlemm

Quote Originally Posted by jayjay00
    I liked Shannon alot better than Harlemm
    Many like Shannon better, she appeals to a different crowd, I think. My opinion? As a dancer, technically good, but not great - too robotic & cheer-leader-like. Wait a minute, she was a cheer-leader (more or less) for a living, before Fame. I enjoyed Brandon's dancing better - more creative. And Shannon's singing? Weak. She was off key at least once in all the performances I saw - it just made me cringe. She couldn't hold or hit many notes. Painful & embarrassing to watch. Johnny criticized her singing numerous times, yet he saw what a hard worker she was, & her marketability potential. That's why he signed her & said it in the show - free advertising for his label.

It just boils down to what's most important to you - voice, dancing, type of stage presence, & what kind of image you gravitate toward, etc. Shannon is exciting eye-candy to many - to me, with the exception of her Proud Mary rendition, she was boring beyond belief. Falls far short of special. I hope she is successful, but you couldn't pay me to see her live or buy her CD's. I thought it was a travesty that Serena & Brandon came behind her. For me, Harlemm has a beautiful voice, is unique, has extraordinary stage presence, and has a very humble demeanor & likeable personality. He is just what the doctor ordered for those of us bored with what's out there.

And the bottom line is - America voted, & more people liked Harlemm better. Bottom line.
    Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does. - William James

Quote Originally Posted by Jacq-kay
    . He is just what the doctor ordered for those of us bored with what's out there.
    Yay! I hope Johnny realizes this and doesn't try to package Harlemm in a conventional way.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    To the happy Harlemm fans. It's clear to us who really has the sour grapes. Why put in time and efforts to nit pick on posts for happy fans. Is it a personal mission? Fame accepted Harlemm, as well as a "few" others who voted for him. If his age and name change is the best that can be dragged up over and over again, well, too bad for that person. It makes you wonder if someone isn't sad or frustrated inside that they have to keep trying to disparage someone the public voted on. Why participate in such an agrressive manner in a thread that it is known that many Harlemm fans are on to only be negative time and time again? Is it truly supposed to change something or only gain needed attention? Let the rest of us go to the Harlemm thread and support each other.
    I do NOT APPRECIATE YOUR BASHING ME....."sad and frustrated"???? the only thing i get frustrated with is people who are 2 faced....soooo looking for "nice" people on all these shows....sooo sweet, and yet if crossed come up with this sort of crap..

I dont resort to questioning YOUR motives in liking a liar, so dont question mine ok???

I love the way he has sunk like a stone...NO tv appearances after the first day, NO magazine articles, nothing in tabloids.. now it seems that he isnt guaranteed much of a part in the play LOL>>

The reason I said the hotel living might be mediocre is because of the "insider" info posted on the thread of how they were treated during the show..remember?? the show was really shabby to them, compared to the luxury living on most reality shows....ie, 35 bucks a day for food, no free massages, pedicures, facials like Idol, no free clothes, and THEY claimed they were living in a mediocre hotel...

Harlemm Lee/Gerry Woo and all his sniveling and posturing are fading away fast....and hopefully Carnie with him JMO The final ratings were beyond horrible....you sure dont see him on any shows like the Idols were on...do ya ???

I hope we hear from shannon, brandon and alex...but they may not wish to even associate themselves with the debacle of fame I think Debbie Allen hurt her own repulation too with this poorly thought out show JMO

I love the way he has sunk like a stone...NO tv appearances after the first day, NO magazine articles, nothing in tabloids.. now it seems that he isnt guaranteed much of a part in the play LOL>>

I would like to point out to you that Harlemm has done a number of interviews and had quite a few articles written on him. Just because people choose not to post them here and in his fan groups doesn't mean that they are not being written.

Also here is a great interview that you can listen to from MSNBC....talks about the whole show, when his album will be released, his days as Gerry Woo and lots of other stuff.

http://www.msnbc.com/news/946743.asp

The very next morning he had a TV interview. But only a FAN would know that, not someone who hates him.

Why put in time and efforts to nit pick on posts for happy fans. Is it a personal mission?
    Apparently it is a personal mission. My suggestion, start a thread on that subject, we the fans don't care.

He won! Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrome
    The very next morning he had a TV interview. But only a FAN would know that, not someone who hates him.

Apparently it is a personal mission. My suggestion, start a thread on that subject, we the fans don't care.

He won! Get over it.

Well said, Chrome. At this point, I see the user ID, get the heebie-jeebies, & just scroll on down. Such negativity is contagious & frankly, I don't want to be infected. Wouldn't it be nice if the bashers could give it a rest already - it's tired.

Am I glad he won. My boyfriend & I say at least once a day, almost every day, like a mantra, "Harlemm won!" The majority saw the positivity in him & voted. Harlemm won. Any amount of verbal "funny tummy" can't change that, Johnny wanting to sign Shannon won't change that. He's loved. By many.
    Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does. - William James

Quote Originally Posted by Jacq-kay
    He's loved. By many.
    Thanks for that. I come back often to see if there is anything new on him. I know it will be a while, and I am waiting.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast