+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Johnnie Really Doesn't Want Harlemm

eny
    FORT Fogey
    If you have anything personal to say to someone , please use the pm system.Bashing another member is against site rules.

Thanks and back to the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    To the happy Harlemm fans. It's clear to us who really has the sour grapes. Why put in time and efforts to nit pick on posts for happy fans. Is it a personal mission? Fame accepted Harlemm, as well as a "few" others who voted for him. If his age and name change is the best that can be dragged up over and over again, well, too bad for that person. It makes you wonder if someone isn't sad or frustrated inside that they have to keep trying to disparage someone the public voted on. Why participate in such an agrressive manner in a thread that it is known that many Harlemm fans are on to only be negative time and time again? Is it truly supposed to change something or only gain needed attention? Let the rest of us go to the Harlemm thread and support each other.
    Thank you eldee. I have been reading another board where this type of nit picking got WAYYY off-topic to the point where the mods moved and closed a number of threads. :mad:

Johnny may have slapped Harlemm in the face, but we the fans voted, and he won. When his single comes out, I'm gonna play it over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and and over... >breathe< ...and over and over and over and over... until I drive my neighbors and the non-Harlemm fans CRAZY!!
    "You got big dreams? You want FAME?
    Well FAME costs and right here's where you start paying,
    In sweat!" —Debbie Allen from the TV series.

I have debated whether to say anything on this thread as I have a read it a few times now.

First of all I think that Johnny wants to work equally with both Harlemm and Shannon. Sure it was obvious that Shannon was his personal fav but Johnny will have no problem working with Harlemm and helping him to have an awesome career too. Johnny is smart in his decision to sign both of them as different types of people like both of them and that means more money and publicity and the like for Wire.

As for whether it was wrong for him to announce it on the stage after he congratulated Harlemm. I was there and felt that it was a classy thing to do. Harlemm was happy for her and she was happy for him. It gave them both the chance to celebrate with their friends. I can honestly say that Harlemm did not seem upset by it at all. He seemed happy that a good friend of his had been signed.

Johnny will work with both of them equally.

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvsAHarlemm
    As for whether it was wrong for him to announce it on the stage after he congratulated Harlemm. I was there and felt that it was a classy thing to do. Harlemm was happy for her and she was happy for him. It gave them both the chance to celebrate with their friends. I can honestly say that Harlemm did not seem upset by it at all. He seemed happy that a good friend of his had been signed.

Johnny will work with both of them equally.
    I was actually glad for Shannon, but thought it was a given that Johnny would sign her regardless of whether she won or not. So, I didn't think it was necessary & it took away from Harlemm's win, for me as a fan. I noticed & discussed the incident afterwards with others - they agreed. I agree with the others on this thread, I thought it was tacky of Johnny, but since you saw him & thought Harlemm seemed genuinely happy for her, it makes me feel better about it & like him even more. What made me not think about it for long, though, was the reactions of the other contestants - they seemed so happy for him that it made me even happier since he seemed so well-loved by his peers. I think it said something tremendously positive about him as a person. Nothing that others perceive as negative can take away from the fact that the viewers voted & the majority loved him enough to choose him!
    Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does. - William James

[. What made me not think about it for long, though, was the reactions of the other contestants - they seemed so happy for him that it made me even happier since he seemed so well-loved by his peers. I think it said something tremendously positive about him as a person.

Yeah I was kind of there like I fly on the wall but I saw Serena, Shannon, Brandon and a lot of the other contestants congratulate Harlemm after the show and his family as well. They all seemed to like each other loads.
    Last edited by JLuvs; 07-29-2003 at 02:44 AM.

FORT Newbie
    I wondered if Shannon would have won, would Johnny still offer Harlemm to his wire records??? I HIGHLY DOUBT IT!!!!

JluvsAHarlemm, i just love your avator... that was a great moment... probably didn't have trouble getting him up there.. lol..

Quote Originally Posted by acclyaimed4
    JluvsAHarlemm, i just love your avator... that was a great moment... probably didn't have trouble getting him up there.. lol..

Yeah....I love it too. One of my friends mad some screen caps of me and that was my fav. I tried some others that they were too big.

As to Johnny signing Harlemm if he didn't win. I think he might of. Johnny could see how popular Harlemm was and also that he had the drive and talent to accomplish whatever he put his mind to. Don't sell Johnny short...he knows talent. Harlemm would have been signed by someone.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by sinclair
    I watched the show again -- you know just to see what the prizes were. :rolleyes Okay, okay... I only watched Harlemm's performances Anyway... I rewound to see what the prizes were and the logo for the hotel has Los Angeles on it. But Debbie does say "first class living accommodations in a suite at the stylish W Hotel."
    My bad if I placed the hotel in New York in my own imagination - thanks for the clarification (Maybe Harlemm's voice just took me to my own little world...) It was the assumption that it was suddenly "mediocre" that irritated me. I suspected that the hotel and the other prizes wouldn't have been so bad if someone else had won.

Hey Chrome, when you play Harlemm's CD over and over and over, I'll be doing the same.

Go Harlemm. I'm just tickled that he won, I'm so glad America chose him as the winner.

Other than being talented, Harlemm is a class act! He will work hard with anyone because he wanted this for so long. I think his maturity is a big plus in this case.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast