+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Johnnie Really Doesn't Want Harlemm

Foster Your Inner Kacey BobDobolina's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by freebiesite
    This show ... started out good but poor decisions and a lack of vision drove it downhill fast. JMO
    Well said.

As for the Johnny thing, it didn't bother me at all when I was watching it. To be honest, I thought it came off as a really nice move. The first thing he did was congratulate Harlemm and tell him that he deserved to be the winner. Albeit that was less than credible given that 10 min. earlier he had said that he personally would have chosen Shannon, but nice nonetheless. Saying that he'd be interesting in signing Shannon was a pleasant surprise. I thought it was nice that they both got to go home with some goodies.

So, how about a movie called "From Harlemm to Clay". It can be a musical Shanghai Nights type of thing. Now that I might pay to see

(I know Clay didn't win, but he's more of a bizarre character like Harlemm

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze
    Okay, me get this out already, we don't really KNOW for sure that this Gerry Woo guy is really Harlemm! We REALLY don't know his past. We REALLY don't know any of the pasts these contestants have. We don't know JACK about these people! They can all be hardened criminals, sexual predators or even the saintliness of all saints! We can only go by what they tell us! All of you who are critizing Harlemm, or whoever, how would you like it if false information or embarrassingly true information was released about you? How would you feel? Would you like it if the public judge you solely based on that false information or an embarrassing incident? Especially if that information was not a true representation as you as a person?

Do you guys understand where I'm going with this?
    I have absolutely NO idea where you are going with this LOL>>
    I am NOT a public figure nor do I use a different name...I dont hide my past on a job resume..
    link to newspaper from HIS Hometown..that give his real name and name of his high school..

http://www.detnews.com/2003/entertai...d01-224573.htm

here is a link from AN ASIAN AMERICAN ENTERTAINMENT MAG...
    http://www.aarising.com/personal/rant11.htm

AND ...here is a link to his gerry woo pic

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p...sql=B43rx28oc0

enjoy...and I am sure you will make some sort of apology about "you people" wont you?? He is a public figure...if he thinks he can keep this under wraps...good luck...

PS..if you are interested...I have more links...the cd that he has a cut on that is only available in europe...his cds on barnes and noble...
    a few other links that link him to gerry woo...

Quote Originally Posted by IMHO
    Tomorrow is a song that was written for a little girl character, but so was "Over the Rainbow." Does Patti LaBelle get dissed for singing it because she's not a little girl? Did Whitney Houston get dissed for remaking "The Greatest Love of All" because a man originally sang it? The best singers make any song they sing new with their own interpretation of it. Harlemm did that each time he performed. I raised an eyebrown when I realized what song he was singing, but as usual, he did a fantastic job with it. The song belongs to whomever is singing it at the time if the singer is good enough.

Btw, the hotel is in NY, not LA - it's been pretty clearly stated in, oh, every episode. Let's find out from people who have actually stayed there before whether it's mediocre, shall we?
    You are so cool.
    "You got big dreams? You want FAME?
    Well FAME costs and right here's where you start paying,
    In sweat!" —Debbie Allen from the TV series.

Quote Originally Posted by freebiesite
    I have absolutely NO idea where you are going with this LOL>>
    I am NOT a public figure nor do I use a different name...I dont hide my past on a job resume..
    link to newspaper from HIS Hometown..that give his real name and name of his high school..

http://www.detnews.com/2003/entertai...d01-224573.htm

here is a link from AN ASIAN AMERICAN ENTERTAINMENT MAG...
    http://www.aarising.com/personal/rant11.htm

AND ...here is a link to his gerry woo pic

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p...sql=B43rx28oc0

enjoy...and I am sure you will make some sort of apology about "you people" wont you?? He is a public figure...if he thinks he can keep this under wraps...good luck...

PS..if you are interested...I have more links...the cd that he has a cut on that is only available in europe...his cds on barnes and noble...
    a few other links that link him to gerry woo...
    I've read the articles you've listed. According to those articles he's had songs and was on Soul Train and the Apollo. That's great as far as I'm concerned. And it's even better that he won on Fame. Hopefully he'll get even more famous. I'll be one of the ones in line to get his CD. Will I find you there, too?

I don't understand why you're so against Harlemm. It seems like you're making this a personal mission to disparage Harlemm. Why is this? I don't mean to make this sound like a flame but, it seems like you are obsessed with him what with your claim to "have more links" about him and posting other links about him on this forum. You have also been making comment after comment after comment knocking him down. Sure, I've made my comments about people on reality tv, but I've said it once and left it alone. Do you go on and on about the other contestants?

If the show has upset you so much, WHY did you watch it?
    Last edited by Kocky_Kamikaze; 07-26-2003 at 12:48 PM.

Tomorrow is a song that was written for a little girl character, but so was "Over the Rainbow." Does Patti LaBelle get dissed for singing it because she's not a little girl? Did Whitney Houston get dissed for remaking "The Greatest Love of All" because a man originally sang it? The best singers make any song they sing new with their own interpretation of it. Harlemm did that each time he performed. The song belongs to whomever is singing it at the time if the singer is good enough.
    How right you are Harelmm has definitely proven that he can sing any song. I listen to lots of different types of music but I have had the same 3 artists at the top of my list for years now. Harlemm Lee has taken over the number one spot I am anxiously awaiting his first CD.

Btw, the hotel is in NY, not LA - it's been pretty clearly stated in, oh, every episode. Let's find out from people who have actually stayed there before whether it's mediocre, shall we?
    I watched the show again -- you know just to see what the prizes were. :rolleyes Okay, okay... I only watched Harlemm's performances Anyway... I rewound to see what the prizes were and the logo for the hotel has Los Angeles on it. But Debbie does say "first class living accommodations in a suite at the stylish W Hotel."

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze

I don't understand why you're so against Harlemm. It seems like you're making this a personal mission to disparage Harlemm. Why is this? I don't mean to make this sound like a flame but, it seems like you are obsessed with him what with your claim to "have more links" about him and posting other links about him on this forum. You have also been making comment after comment after comment knocking him down. Sure, I've made my comments about people on reality tv, but I've said it once and left it alone. Do you go on and on about the other contestants?

If the show has upset you so much, WHY did you watch it?
    Typical sour grapes when people are confronted with facts...you "debated" whether Harlemm was actually Gerry woo...I gave you proof..you now "question why I watch the show" etc..

for one thing....I am very very sick of double dipping reality people...I do have a whole list of links in a folder so I can easily find em LOL>> I am simply tired of these shows presenting "reality" and then we find out the people were just on another show..or have a "hidden past"...

Perhaps I make comment after comment because some people dont like to admit reality ....they prefer to "sugar coat" stuff...the same thing is happening with a kid on american juniors who was just on a different show, has cds, opened for little richard !! I am just as "against" him too..

I would like these shows to be more honest...IF it was "almost famous"...and gerry woo competed against other pros/semi pros like tyce and serena..fine...but to pit him against fresh and younger kids?? NO ...not fair JMO>>> also when I am wrong I admit it...got proof he isnt Gerry woo?? I will be happy to look it over thanks

I see your point freebiesite. However, as I posted somewhere else, not sure where, I think the problem with the so-called semi-professionals competing in Fame is a fault of the shows producers. I think most of us thought that this was a show for pure amateurs and it obviously was not -- just look to the Tyce debacle.

Yeah, Harlemm changed his name and has competed before, but I don't believe he was hiding this information. He presented himself as who he is now -- Harlemm Lee working at a hospital as an Administrative Assistant or some such thing. Unlike Serena he chose not to divulge his childhood history in show business. To each their own in this regard.

I think the problem lies with the producers who did have a mix and match of semi-professionals with true amateurs. It seems unfair and probably was, but Serena and Alex and Tyce didn't win, so their show business experience still didn't get them to the winner's circle.

Good luck to them all, I say.

To the happy Harlemm fans. It's clear to us who really has the sour grapes. Why put in time and efforts to nit pick on posts for happy fans. Is it a personal mission? Fame accepted Harlemm, as well as a "few" others who voted for him. If his age and name change is the best that can be dragged up over and over again, well, too bad for that person. It makes you wonder if someone isn't sad or frustrated inside that they have to keep trying to disparage someone the public voted on. Why participate in such an agrressive manner in a thread that it is known that many Harlemm fans are on to only be negative time and time again? Is it truly supposed to change something or only gain needed attention? Let the rest of us go to the Harlemm thread and support each other.
    Last edited by eldee; 07-26-2003 at 04:22 PM.

Gamer Chick & Principal bearwme1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kesha74
    :mad: I agree what he did last night to Harlem in his spotlight was un called for and If there were a way I could e-mail and tell him I would. I mean she is not that great of a singer, she has a nice body and can dance, and that what he is looking at money the system is wrong. and If i were Brittany Spears I would be mad they were comparing SHannon to her because they look nothing alike. Go Harlem. . I would buy his CD way before Shannons matter of fact I would not buy Shannons. Just my opinion.
    I agree! It was Harlemm's moment, he worked hard for it.
    It would have been more appropriate to announce that later. And to the person who said that if he were black, that wouldn't have been tolerated, absolutely correct again. There would have been a hail of protests. I thought Mr. Wright was very fair up until this happened. And I agree he let the $$$ in his eyes cloud his judgement. I won't support Shannon's cd. She really can't sing that well. Anyone who can sings and knows about music and voice control could see that.
    Harlemm is consistent in the quality of his performances both musically, and in dance. I think he'll surprise many and have some staying power, on Broadway.

Who cares if Johnny wanted him or not!! All that really matters is that the show was honest.. and they announced the winner that America chose.. and that to me is the real proud moment.. watching Harlemm win.. i had no doubt... (as if, i had already eaten about half of my nails while the "cheesy" waiting music was on.. lol)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast