+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fame the broadway musical

Fame the broadway musical

Last edited by eldee; 07-23-2003 at 09:33 PM.

When posting in this thread, be aware that any mention of tonight's show results will be deleted. So, while I'm not thrilled to see a thread started about this before midnight, be careful and you'll be okay.

Now that the winner is known...
    Fame the musical will be coming out. Not every movie musical that made it to Broadway has been a huge success, i.e. Footloose. Do you plan to see Fame and do you predict it will succeed or fail?

Who can tell if Fame will be the next Grease or Chicago or close after two performances?
    The production will prosper or fail on its own merits--not because of this tv show.
    Here's what I predict. Harlemm will be given "a role" in the musical as his prize, but Lauren H or Allison or some of the other "losers" might actually audition and win a larger part when the show is cast.

Primetimetommie
    It might also depend on who will produce it. I would like it will be a success like Chicago and Grease, however, I believe those shows came out prior to the movie being made. I also would like to see the other finalists in it. Shannon and Brandon are fantastic dancers and have a lot of style. From the start I hoped Harlemm would win and get those professional dance lessons. I also hope he will surprise the critics in a good way.

Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    Now that the winner is known...
    Fame the musical will be coming out. Not every movie musical that made it to Broadway has been a huge success, i.e. Footloose. Do you plan to see Fame and do you predict it will succeed or fail?

I am going to go see Harlemm in it as I have an Uncle in NY. As for will it be a sucess....who knows.

FORT Regular
    I would love to see Harlemm onstage. And I think that several of the others would be better off in theater than in a recording studio. Harlemm, thankfully, can do both - he has the voice to carry him through either.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Fame has actually been running as I understand for quite a while already . If Vanilla Orchids is around she could probably give a better update as to the status .
    My understanding is that it's currently running as a touring group.

The infusion of Harlemm can only add to it.

Thanks Eny!

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by eny
    Fame has actually been running as I understand for quite a while already . If Vanilla Orchids is around she could probably give a better update as to the status .
    My understanding is that it's currently running as a touring group.
    The infusion of Harlemm can only add to it.
    Fame The Musical has been around for quite awhile. Since 1988 actually. That's when the first production of it was put on. (Info found here: http://www.famenetwork.com/Miami-Production.htm).
    This Fame on 42nd Street however is the first time that the musical has been performed in New York and they have been wanting this for a long time especially because it's set at New York City's High School of Performing Arts.

There is a new North American tour in the works, which begins September 9th but it's a completely different production from the Fame on 42nd Street production.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast