+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fame the broadway musical

C'mon guys, this is a musical, you don't have to be in high school to play high school kids. Even in the tv series, the cast were older than that, some even over 30. I'm not even going to discuss the race factor - that's just dumb - this is the 21st century, wake up people!

Anyway, I haven't seen the production so I'm not familiar with the roles, but if it's based on the movie/tv series, I think Harlemm would be a perfect fit for Bruno (remember? the guy who plays the piano). Harlemm's humble demeanor is a perfect fit for that character. Or maybe they can cast him as Leroy, but maybe they'll want a better dancer for that...

I'll definately going to be in the audience - I'm so happy to see him in NYC. If anyone knows of any other Harlemm gigs in NYC, please let us know, I'll be there in a second!

FORT Newbie
    Hey, I must say I hope to see Harlemm in the production. Plan to be in NYC the first week of Oct.. Theatre is about escape and some imagination. Harlemm could play any male lead in the show. Harlemm, Good Luck.......poptick

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by sinclair
    VanillaOrchids... I understand what you mean. Sounds like you know more about the production than I do. It's so hard to know the tone of a post... I try to use the smilies to keep things lighthearted. Hee hee! I could see Harlemm in one of the teacher roles as well as a student. I just remember that when they brought up his age on the show -- when Debbie said "you're not 27" -- I thought they were going to say he was younger -- alot younger.

I probably know more than I should because I'm in contact with someone who has an important "behind the scenes" role. And I'm afraid of saying too much.

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaOrchids
    I probably know more than I should because I'm in contact with someone who has an important "behind the scenes" role. And I'm afraid of saying too much.
    Yeah... you wouldn't want to do that. I just hope Harlemm will be in it as I've never been to a Broadway show (or off Broadway). Although, I try to keep up with what's new whenever something comes on TV ( like on the morning programs or PBS) and I never miss the Tony Awards. Actually have never been to NYC but would definitely make the trip to see Harlemm on stage -- I'm only a few hours from there so it's about time I go. Harlemm is a good excuse.

I would also like to see Fame when it comes to NYC. I wonder how much the tickets will run. I know Harlemm is supposted to get a role in it, but they didn't say how much of a role.

Hopefully, once it comes, there will be more info available on the NYC cast.

Sinclair, I hope you do get to visit NYC from where ever you are. This time of the year and the Christmas holiday are ideal.

Thanks, eldee... sounds like you either live in NYC or have been there yourself. Any tips? -- my biggest concern would be safety. I'll probably be by myself and thought the best way to get there would be to take the train. Seeing Harlemm perform live in anything would be

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    I would also like to see Fame when it comes to NYC. I wonder how much the tickets will run. I know Harlemm is supposted to get a role in it, but they didn't say how much of a role.
    Hopefully, once it comes, there will be more info available on the NYC cast.
    Price info found HERE
    ------
    PRICES
    $66.25
    Friday & Saturday @8PM: $76.25

ALL PRICES INCLUDE A $1.25 FACILITIES FEE.

SERVICE FEES:
    Tickets purchased through Telecharge and Telecharge.com are subject to a per ticket service charge of $5.00 and a per order handling fee of $1.50.
    -----
    As for the cast, there are still auditions going on so it will be a little while before a cast list is released. I will most likely post the cast list on my site if I am sent that information. Which I would imagine that they would send it to me since I've been given the audition info and the official press release.

You can keep an eye out on the official site as well. Right now there isn't much but there is a mailing list people can sign up for.
    Fame on 42nd Street

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Just one thing, I remember the fuss put up when Whoopi Goldberg did Funny Thing Happened on the way to the Forum. There was no way anyone thought a black woman could play the main role. They just rewrote it to suit her for the duration she was there. I'm sure they can change a part to match better with Harlemm IE an expanded teacher role , or a guy who goes back to school or something.

Thanks for the info on the show Vanilla !!

FORT Regular
    Eny, I understand what you mean. Maybe I could ask my contact what is going to be done.

BTW, love your avatar. I saw that movie three times already.

Vanilla Orchids, that's for all the info. We'll keep our eyes open for anything you will post.
    Sinclair, I would be careful, but not overly afraid of walking in NYC. Will you be coming via car or by the train to either Grand Central Station or Penn Station? One of the best things to do is know ahead of time where you need to go and how.

If you let me know where you're coming from and where you are getting off, we can talk about more specifics.

I was born in NYC and we moved to the suburbs north of NYC when we were young.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast