+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 7/23 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Newbie

Quality acutally wins the day.

Shannon and Harlemm were definitely the best, consistently, at delivering powerful, in-tune vocals, humility, and dancing finesse. The future of Harlemm [and all four finalists] will prove to be in the hands of the 'consuming' public, and any of them that make it past a year [or less] will have to learn to let the criticism roll off their backs.

Cheesy production values, shallow commentary from so-called 'industry experts,' unfortunate song choices, and horrible editing have made this entire experience underwhelming. I hope Harlemm and Shannon can rise above all that and carve themselves futures with integrity.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinky
    Shannon and Harlemm were definitely the best, consistently, at delivering powerful, in-tune vocals, humility, and dancing finesse. The future of Harlemm [and all four finalists] will prove to be in the hands of the 'consuming' public, and any of them that make it past a year [or less] will have to learn to let the criticism roll off their backs.
    .....I hope Harlemm and Shannon can rise above all that and carve themselves futures with integrity.
    Stinky!
    I'm sure they had to deal and overcome negativity. To make it in life in general, negativity only sours the person who spews it. They probably have and will continue to learn about bitter little people who are bent in trying to spoil the goodness and joy around them for who knows what warped reason.
    They seem to have good support from family, friends and now the general public.

CONGRATS TO HARLEMM I never doubted you!

Quote Originally Posted by dogolek
    That's the whole point maybe it shouldn;t be all about money. Some people have such a tremendous talents but they have no way of getting the rewards. This is America, anything is possible. Success should be for everybody regardless gender, race, religions etc. Hail Harlemm !
    From Johnnie's standpoint its about money. What's wrong with that? Let Debbie the cackler worry about artistry. Wait... she told Serena that she was the best... so skip that.

Johnnie's method of delivery of the offer was lousy, but his desire to make money admirable.

Now that I have watched most of the show there is one major thing that they edited out for each of the contestants.

Each of the contestants chose their song today and told the audience why they picked this song and why it was important to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen39
    And exactly how many older folks buy the majority of the CDs? Johnnie's got to be crying now. Anyway, this show is no AI. Harlemm will slip through the cracks.
    I am older than Harlemm, a few years. I am fast reaching 1000 in my CD collection (not boasting). All of my friends are over the "target" age for music. I have almost every type of music in my collection. I don't fit into a "category" or "marketing" profile.

Harlemm will not fade any faster than any other artist. He will be successful. NO ONE thought Madonna would be any one when she started. All the controversy, who's the material girl now?

Life is changing fast, look at the world. America is tired of copy cat artists. Very few original artists have come out in the last decade. The 90's were a travesty for music history.

"You got big dreams? You want FAME?
    Well FAME costs and right here's where you start paying,
    In sweat!" —Debbie Allen from the TV series.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by JLuvsAHarlemm
    Now that I have watched most of the show there is one major thing that they edited out for each of the contestants.

Each of the contestants chose their song today and told the audience why they picked this song and why it was important to them.
    That is a major thing JluvsAHarlemm. Can you tell us what Harlemm's reason was for picking "Tomorrow"? I'm also curious about whether he has needed extra takes to get his numbers right or if my impression that he gets it right the first time is correct.
    Maybe since everyone has seen the show now you could tell us this in the Harlemm thread.

Thanks for sharing your experience!!

FORT Newbie
    Yeah Harlemm, Does anyone know when his single is going to be released. They seem to be packing him as a hip-hop artist? And also can't wait to see him on Broadway..........The best man won!!!!!!!! Amercia finally got it right.............peace

I didn't care much for the song Johnny picked for Harlemm. It was Totally 80's and nothing of substance. He clearly didn't want Harlemm to win and he tactlessly offered to sign Shannon during Harlemm's big moment.

With Clay & Ruben both new *before* the results were announced RCA had decided to sign both of them. That had some class but no one could confuse bubblegum manager extraordinaire Johnny Wright (NKOTB, Backstreet Boys, *NSYNC, Britney) with Clive Davis.

Harlemm was most deserving. I was surprised Serena was 4th but she totally killed her chances by oversinging every note she could get her voice into. I never really "got" Shannon. I don't hear much substance there. Sorry. Brandon was OK but he can only improve with age. Right now he's still very immitative and the *last* thing we need right now in music is another copycat.

Good luck Harlemm!

Since he was my Fame guilty pleasure, I'm glad to see Alex was so genuinely excited for Harlemm.

I thought Harlemm's song was awful. It was totally boy-band sounding, which isn't a surprise given Johnny's niche. I hope he packages better for his CD.

FORT Fan
    I find it hillarious that clay fans think Johnny tacky...look at how clay is sharing the title...for all we know maybe the vote was close...maybe some of the dolts watching the tv at home who dont have net access dont know about gerry woo LOL

anyhow the audience is small for this show...they both will have to make it without the huge fanbase of idol...in the long run fame is just a starting step for them, not a HUGE HIT like idol....

I am glad Johnny gave shannon a contract...I will sure buy her cd, and brandons, and maybe alex...
    as for gerry woo?? I think he will release that one song and then fade away again That song is NOT gonna make it IMHO

+ Reply to Thread