+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 7/23 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Did they not show Harlemm singing his song from Johnnie on the show?

I hope they did as it was awesome

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvsAHarlemm
    Did they not show Harlemm singing his song from Johnnie on the show?

I hope they did as it was awesome
    Yes, they did. I don't think the song was a perfect match for him, but it sounded pretty good.

Welll I loved it and I know that Harlemm and his family really liked it too.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by IMHO
    Shannon sounded awful tonight. Sorry to her fans, but objectively, her voice is alternately strong and weak. That kind of inconsistency within a single performance is the mark of a weak singer. Her amazing dancing and her looks got her to the finals. I would not pay money for a CD of Shannon singing, but I might pay money to see her perform live. That said, they've worked wonders with the mediocre voices of J-Lo and Britney, so they can certainly do something with Shannon. She's gorgeous and can dance better than most people can breathe - most people will be looking at her, not listening to her. Otherwise she never would have made it this far.

As for buying a CD for vocals, Harlemm and Brandon are the only two I'd consider. Serena seems to think that singing means asking onesself how much one can deviate from the melody and show off how well one can riff, rather than actually trying to express the emotion that builds throughout the song itself. She's really talented vocally - I just hope she gets help. Harlemm is known to riff, too, but you get to hear him sing, not just riff repeatedly until the song is over. He actually seems to be communicating a feeling, rather than showing off vocal gymnastics. He seems to have mastered how to do it well, versus just doing it to do it.

Johnnie DEFINITELY sees dollar signs when he looks at Shannon. It would have been nice if he offered a contract to all four finalists, since three of them could be great recording artists. It's sad that promoters only want to promote what has ALREADY been successful - I hope Harlemm will be the "Big Fat Greek Wedding" of the recording industry, the one no one saw coming.
    I agree with you. Shannon did sound awful tonight, and she sounded awful last week, too. But that doesn't matter because studio engineers will clean up Shannon's bad vocals.

Harlemm is going to be in an awkward position at Johnnie's record label. It's clear that Johnnie's favorite is Shannon. The situation with Harlemm and Shannon is a potential Ruben/Clay thing, where the second place finisher actually receives more recognition and attention than the winner.

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvsAHarlemm
    Welll I loved it and I know that Harlemm and his family really liked it too.
    I'm sure it sounded much better live. Was kinda distracting on TV with everyone on stage...I'm so jealous you got to see him live! Will definitly be tuning in to the Today Show tomorrow!

Must be off....if any of Harlemm's family is reading this. Thanks for being so nice to me again today and letting me share in your joy with you. You all Rock.

FORT Newbie
    And exactly how many older folks buy the majority of the CDs? Johnnie's got to be crying now. Anyway, this show is no AI. Harlemm will slip through the cracks.

Success for anyone is such a booster. I hope everyone gets to experience a little of what those four felt in the past week. This shouldn't be the end for any of them.

FORT Newbie
    All the top 4 are good most of the time. Only one was very good consistently. He won.
    They all have past of one sort or another, but the name of the game is talent and America got it right.
    Last edited by eny; 07-24-2003 at 01:26 AM. Reason: edited for a response to a deleted post

+ Reply to Thread