+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 7/23 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I was at the show earlier on today....I am so happy for Harlemm.

He will be on the Today show tomorrow morning.....

If you have any questions holller at me...

Joelle

Quote Originally Posted by Fonzie34
    Wow, well said...
    Thanks Fonzie

FORT Newbie
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY!

Yay for the "older" folks, yay for Asians breaking through, yay for underdogs and yay for the most talented, interesting, unique, enchanting guy to hit our TV screens (and hearts) in a such long time!
    America finally got it right!!
    I'm so happy for Harlemm. He worked hard for a long time and he deserves this.
    Can't wait to buy his first CD or see him in concert.
    And what a performance!! - "Tomorrow! It was fantastic. He can take a song the we're all sick of and make it magic again!!
    Go Harlemm!!! Go Harlemm!!! Go Harlemm!!!

Oh the roses were for Debbie Alllen.

Harlemm gots some flowers from his family and he gave some to Shannon

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    Money speaks for Johnnie. Shannon is money. Go Money! Go Johnnie! Go Money Johnnie!
    I've said all along that Johnnie is looking at Shannon with dollar signs in his eyes. The is about marketing. It's about which person the American public will spend money on.

Johnnie has been supporting Shannon for several weeks and it's clear that he wanted her to win.

FORT Regular
    Shannon sounded awful tonight. Sorry to her fans, but objectively, her voice is alternately strong and weak. That kind of inconsistency within a single performance is the mark of a weak singer. Her amazing dancing and her looks got her to the finals. I would not pay money for a CD of Shannon singing, but I might pay money to see her perform live. That said, they've worked wonders with the mediocre voices of J-Lo and Britney, so they can certainly do something with Shannon. She's gorgeous and can dance better than most people can breathe - most people will be looking at her, not listening to her. Otherwise she never would have made it this far.

As for buying a CD for vocals, Harlemm and Brandon are the only two I'd consider. Serena seems to think that singing means asking onesself how much one can deviate from the melody and show off how well one can riff, rather than actually trying to express the emotion that builds throughout the song itself. She's really talented vocally - I just hope she gets help. Harlemm is known to riff, too, but you get to hear him sing, not just riff repeatedly until the song is over. He actually seems to be communicating a feeling, rather than showing off vocal gymnastics. He seems to have mastered how to do it well, versus just doing it to do it.

Johnnie DEFINITELY sees dollar signs when he looks at Shannon. It would have been nice if he offered a contract to all four finalists, since three of them could be great recording artists. It's sad that promoters only want to promote what has ALREADY been successful - I hope Harlemm will be the "Big Fat Greek Wedding" of the recording industry, the one no one saw coming.

Quote Originally Posted by caper
    And what a performance!! - "Tomorrow! It was fantastic. He can take a song the we're all sick of and make it magic again!!

Exactly!!!

JLuvsAHarlemm - is there anything we missed on tv? did Harlemm sing again?

i wish shannon won i dont like harlemm that much i hope she makes it
    bye mary

FORT Regular
    He did perform again - sings a new single. Not a great song for his style, but he did a nice job. It's a choppy sort of song with lots of quick words. Harlemm does well when he gets to caress each note, rather than sing staccato. Still, I look forward to hearing more from him. Hope to see him live one day! He is an amazing, amazing performer, and I wish him all the best.

Quote Originally Posted by marvine
    Exactly!!!

JLuvsAHarlemm - is there anything we missed on tv? did Harlemm sing again?

As I am on the West Coast this will all be specualation....

After it was done Serena sang her original song that Johnnie had made for her.

Then Shannon came out and said thanks to her fans, family and fiaance and dedicated her original song that Johnnie had made for her. She also said she was getting married in 30 days.

Then Brandon came out and sang his original song.....which was really upbeat and a nice change in pace.

Joey made a few mistakes that had to be redone and Shannon had to start her solo in the group number about 5 times before they got everything sorted with that number.

+ Reply to Thread