+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 7/23 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fan
    Northeast Mississippi, sitting by the lake...
    Don't fret, Shannon at least gets a record contract.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    Money speaks for Johnnie. Shannon is money. Go Money! Go Johnnie! Go Money Johnnie!
    Excellent point! He knew who was more marketable. Carnie and Jojo were strictly going on talent but Johnnie knew better.

With the exposure that these performers received, there really arent any losers. Just BIGGER winners.
    Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God

Quote Originally Posted by Karen39
    Excellent point! He knew who was more marketable. Carnie and Jojo were strictly going on talent but Johnnie knew better.
    He's a businessman. Its silly to blame him. Money rules!!!

Jasmine Trias & Sam Milby NBCDaytimeFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen39
    Liars can win! This show blows!
    Yay, the journey called Fame that started at the peak of a huge mountain just finished its journey at the bottom where it was heading week after week after week.

I guess NBC is happy now that it is finally over!

I sing the body electric was well done, and I'm pretty pleased my boy won. I would have been happy with Brandon, too. I wasn't surprised they pulled a Clay, why not max on the publicity?

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    He's a businessman. Its silly to blame him. Money rules!!!
    That's the whole point maybe it shouldn;t be all about money. Some people have such a tremendous talents but they have no way of getting the rewards. This is America, anything is possible. Success should be for everybody regardless gender, race, religions etc. Hail Harlemm !

WOW!

I'm so happy for Harlemm!!!
    As for his marketability , I will definately buy his CD and no, I'm not a teen or whoever the average music-buyer is - but, I think that's exactly why Harlemm will be self marketable - he will appeal to those who haven't bought music for ages (because there was nothing out there for us to buy). Kinda like the way Tiger made golf appealing to the non golfing public, I can see Harlemm broadening the average pop audience.

Too bad that Johnnie doesn't seem very happy to promote him...maybe Harlemm can sign on with a bigger label after his debut album.

And I beg Wilhemina not to stress his heritage. Harlemm is not the stereo-typical bookish asian man (no offense, btw) and the reason he's so wonderful is that his performance transcends racial boundaries. His marketability lies in his amazing energy and devotion in his unexpected performances. Please market his uniqueness w/o caqtegorizing it, plz...

FORT Newbie
    WAHOO! Harlemm took it. my pick from the beginning which was cool becuz my pick for AI just missed the train. he is great and he's consistant and picks songs that suit him.

i mean dont get me wrong shannon is cool but Harlemm just had a passion and kindness that appealed to me along with his incredible talent. and this whole marketing thing? who says they cant market funny looking, semi-geeks. look at the phenomenon that is Clay Aiken.

and Brandon still is awesome as hell and i hope someone signs him and Serena in the future becuz they too are great talents and it could have been anyones game but anyways one more time...

GO HARLEMM GO HARLEMM GO!!!!!
    ~Kat~

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by marvine
    And I beg Wilhemina not to stress his heritage. Harlemm is not the stereo-typical bookish asian man (no offense, btw) and the reason he's so wonderful is that his performance transcends racial boundaries. His marketability lies in his amazing energy and devotion in his unexpected performances. Please market his uniqueness w/o caqtegorizing it, plz...
    Wow, well said...
    ~Kat~

+ Reply to Thread