+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Justin Jacoby

FORT Newbie
    This guy NEEDS to go. I'm sorry, Justin, you're a good kid, but this is the wrong competition for you. This isn't a high-school talent show. You're just plain outgunned.

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    There must be a lot of people casting sympathy votes for Justin. I just don't see any other reason he is still in this competition. He's a cute kid and talented in his own way but should not still be in the running.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

Sorry, but I also think he is out of his league too. If he were to have tried for P Diddy's "The Making of the Band", which focuses on rap, from the flow of those "kids", I doubt he would have made it there.

For some reason, in other posts, credit is given to him for having ambition or for not getting into trouble. I don't know how that would give him "points" on a competition. For me, I hope he goes home sometime soon.

I have to wonder how well he would do in his rendition of another rapper's song. Would he keep the flow? Would he run out of breath? Would he remember someone else's lyrics? Or, would he do a lot better with someone's elses rap? It's something to consider.

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    I'd love to see him try some of Eminem's lyrics.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

When he is on stage trying to rap I have to change the station. Its just too embarrassing to watch now. I hate to say it but he needs to go.
    Poor kid
    I don't want the ocean in my seashell. I just want a boyfriend with a brain cell. Stretch Princess

Quote Originally Posted by Half-A-Threat
    This guy NEEDS to go. I'm sorry, Justin, you're a good kid, but this is the wrong competition for you. This isn't a high-school talent show. You're just plain outgunned.
    Yeah, I agree.
    I really do like the fact that he seems very respectful of the judges and of Debbie in particular, but I think he's out of his depth here.

I can't see what use he'd reallt be able to make of some of the prizes anyway.
    A role in a musical? A year at the Debbie Allen dance academy?

The fans are voting him in each week though.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Good point, Fluff. I was wondering about that too. Also, he seems to have the same style of rap. Maybe he could write something different or use someone else's rap. I also do not like his voice at all. Rappers can also sing. If not, then they seem to have a distinctive voice, ie. DMX, etc. Well, he tried, but like it's been said, the public has kept him in.

rnv
    FORT Newbie
    Finally, I have found a forum where I can express how much I want Justin off that show! How in the WORLD did he ever make it this far? Who's voting for him? The kid's got no talent. None, zilch, zero. He calls himself a rapper? Get it right, America. Don't vote for Justin. Ick.

I want to say a couple of things in his favour.
    As I have said before, the fact that he is very respectful of Debbie and the work she has put in with the group impressed me.
    I also think that while he clearly isn't a dancer, he did well in the group numbers.
    I think he supported any female dance partner he was paired with well and didn't stand out as being great but didn't make a mess of the dance numbers either.
    "That's Numberwang!"

fluff you make rational, excellent points...again

I have a feeling this show did Justin a world of good.

I have never been a fan, and I am glad he didn't move on, but he got a hell of a lot of exposure, and like fluff asks... what would he do with some of the prizes?
    I hadn't thought about that too much.

He'll be fine.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

+ Reply to Thread