+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Justin Jacoby

FORT Newbie
    Why all of the hate people. He's a kid in high school. If he were my son I'd be proud of him. I've read that he is on the school basketball and football teams and is a all around good kid. If I see on Smoking Gun that he's had arrests then I'll change my mind. For now I think we as adults should applaud this young man for his ambition. I'm an old school Black Sabbath, Judas Priest fan but I won't rip anyone that attempts their hand at hard rock. Young people need to be supported not torn down. Good luck Justin in whatever happens.

Justin has some obvious talent, but he's a long way from being competitive. That's not a bad thing, unless you're competing.

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    I think he will be gone this week.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    I wish I could tuck aside how much I detest him on the show, Elaine, but I can't. And, honestly, I can't just applaud someone for trying something. He is woefully out of his element on that stage. Woefully. And I don't even think years of seasoning is going to help him.

FORT Fogey
    Originally posted by MajiH
    And I don't even think years of seasoning is going to help him.
    unless you have some butter and a frying pan...

Originally posted by MajiH
    I wish I could tuck aside how much I detest him on the show, Elaine, but I can't. And, honestly, I can't just applaud someone for trying something. He is woefully out of his element on that stage. Woefully. And I don't even think years of seasoning is going to help him.

Oh! You are so right.

He does not belong there at all. I am not sorry for saying that and I think he should never have been in the finals.

This is not putting him down but stating a fact of talent or no talent and he ain't got it!!!

Well, in all honesty, the great thing about musicx is people enjoy different things, and different types of voices. There are performers who have made it and I truly don't enjoy their voices. If justin is going to make it in the world of rap, it wont be because of me

He will also have to learn to deal with a lot more criticism than this board is dealing out.

I haven't read anyone saying they think he's a jerk (I may have missed something), but rather that they don't enjoy his singing. I am sure there are singers he doesn't enjoy, and would wager that if asked he wouldn't say he did just to not hurt their feelings. Why would he give a rats patootie as to what we think? (other than to garner votes, which he got enough of last week anyway).

He'll be fine. If FAME is his Make it or Break it chance than he may be in trouble, but I have a feeling he will continue to try no matter the outcome here.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

FORT Newbie
    Cali, I like your style. I've always been impressed with your posts. You seem to put some thought into what you write instead of being reactionary.

thanks.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Cali the voice of reason ... Unlike eny the voice of .. well no reason or rhyme

I really liked the kids originality in the beginning, but he is severely outmatched at this stage of the game. Give him a few years and I think he will be great.

+ Reply to Thread