+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Justin Jacoby

Unless you can back that up with more than "I Heard", then I have no reason whatsoever to believe it

And as far as I can tell, no one said he had NO talent... (OK, maybe some people did) but most people here seem to agree that he's still young, and just not going to make it far on this show.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    I think Justin is as cute as can be but shouldn't be in this competition. The odds are against him because the majority of the audience is looking for a different type of performer, IMO. When you think of the show "Fame" the word rapper doesn't come to mind. I think he could make it but just not here and now. He needs lots of practice and guidence. After that, I think we could be hearing a lot from him in the future.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

FORT Fogey
    I just hope that one of the Spoilers is a rapper, so people watching will not equate rap as Justin, but as somebody who has more rapping ability. If they're going to include rap, they really ought to include a really good rapper, because otherwise it's just offensive to those of us who like rap.

I like Justin, not only is he cute but he also has great confidence and great energy onstage, and he's very funny. I prefer him anyday to M&M who is just a punk with a bad attitude...

And I think Justin is talented esp. considering his young age... he kind of reminds me of the Beastie Boys a bit when they first started out...

I enjoy watching him more than I do several of the other Fame contestants, which is why he's 5th or 6th on my list...

FORT Fogey
    I was so excited when there were only four people left and he hadn't been called, but alas my hopes were dashed and he moved on. He gave us yet another Malibu's Most Wanted-inspired raps with even more atrocious breathing control and painful slurring that would embarass even the most amateur rapper. He's just painful to watch and I'm saddened that the only rapper this show could find was him when there are thousands of great amateur rappers out there (many of whom are great dancers as well). He's just the painful White rapper gimmick that gives all White rappers a bad name.

FORT Fogey
    You know, maybe all our ranting about how much we dislike him is making his closet fans to go out and vote for him, because they think he's in danger...

I agree with the posts above. I think he has more attitude than talent. Maybe he thinks his "hoochy" looking mama will draw in votes for him.

He might be better off concentrating on writing lyrics than rapping himself. He gets out of breath, etc. I hope he doesn't make it too far. Also, I don't remember much of his dancing and he has no personality, so how can he be considered a triple threat?

I noticed that yesterday... the trouble breathing. He sounded REALLY out of breath.

Once it was announced that he had made it through, I was sincerely hoping that he would suprise me with a really good rap.

I didn't enjoy the rap, or his performance. I do not wish him any ill will. I think he does have talent, just not up to par with this type of compitition yet. I was very suprised that he moved on.

Please!

Pity votes are ok if there is something about the contestant that really stands out. Justin just does not have it. He is probably a nice kid but he was flat last night and completely out of breath.

: I am still confused.

just in case, I feel the need to clarify... I definitely DID NOT vote for him

+ Reply to Thread