+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Justin Jacoby

FORT Newbie
    c'mon peeps--he's only 16! i admit that he can use some work, but for a 16 year old kid, he's doing pretty well writing and producing his own stuff on such little time and lots of pressure. i was at the taping and his friends are mad supportive. it was cool to see him getting so much love.

i can't bare to watch him either, not only is it the pant sagging underwear showing thing. he looks and sounds like PLAYSKOOL does Hip Hop. Street cred? right off of sesame street.

My mother told me if I can't say anything nice, not to say anything at all. So.....

(crickets chirping)
    Spay and Neuter your Pets!
    www.chemkim.com

FORT Newbie
    obviously i can't state my positive opinion on him without it being deleted from the board, but y'all can say anything negative you want.. makes a bunch of sense right?

All I'll say is justin is nothing like Jacob from O-town seeing as how they're two entirely different people, one into rap the other into rock.

And secondly, Justin blew that stage up last week, he was awesome, so I don't know what show you guys were watching, but I was watching Fame where Justin did freaking amped the stage up.

You can state all of the positive opinions you want, B&E. But you may not insult, flame, or bait other users, and you must keep your posts PG-13. Post away.

Originally posted by yodiggity
    c'mon peeps--he's only 16! i admit that he can use some work, but for a 16 year old kid, he's doing pretty well writing and producing his own stuff on such little time and lots of pressure. i was at the taping and his friends are mad supportive. it was cool to see him getting so much love.
    I agree with that. It is impressive to be doing that at 16. i have a 16 year old who is right now sitting watching TV

Still, he's not my cup o tea, and I won't be upset at all if he's gone Wednesday
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

FORT Newbie
    JJ, if your checking the boards, you do have something special. Don't let them get to you. There are people out here that liked your performances. You do need to keep working at it but I like your style, your addititude, your nerve, and the fact that you are doing your own material. You have the raw materials, just need to mix them right. Don't get too big headed though. I already see the "River Phoenix" look in your eyes. Don't go there. Stay grounded. Network while you are there. Absorbe as much as you can. I'm looking forward to next week. I hope you don't get cut but I'm starting to think the cuts are pre-determined anyway based on what I've heard from the judges.

I think he has potential. I don't believe Fame is the best place for him. Maybe someone will see him and want to help him out. Maybe with a lot of work and guidance he can make it in the rap industry.
    Who know.

I like to stay positive
    I don't want the ocean in my seashell. I just want a boyfriend with a brain cell. Stretch Princess

FORT Fogey
    I do have to say that rapping is really difficult and involves thinking on your feet and plenty of voice control. However, that said, I think Justin needs a great deal of work. His lyrics last week were amusing, but he mangled them somewhat. Also, his voice control is lacking - and yes, I do know plenty about rap music and have plenty of friends who are a great deal better than Justin. However, they are older than him, so maybe he will get better with time and practice. I don't think he did as well this week as last week. However, rap is really difficult, so maybe he would be better with a lot of work...

FORT Newbie
    i heard that another program bought the rights to justin's song and he's getting paid royalties. why would that happen if he had no talent?

+ Reply to Thread