+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will You Watch Fame Next Season?

FORT Newbie

Will You Watch Fame Next Season?

I think Fame has potential to become as popular as American Idol, if the producers iron out the bugs. One of he biggest bugs that I see is the confusion over what is considered a triple threat.

Another issue with the show is the annoying dramatic drum beats that go on for several seconds while the contestants look scared. This method of announcing who is performing and who is going home is awkward and I think it's the reason why some of them started out nervous and shaky on some of their performances. Other issues include the questionable voting procedures and the fact that Debbie is wielding a lot of power on the show, both on camera and off.

If Fame returns, I plan to watch the first couple of shows. If I see the same issues that annoyed me this season, I won't watch until the end again.

I plan to watch at least the first few shows and decided at that time.
    Also, I hope they do iron out any problems. This show offers a great opportunity to those who have talent. Even those who got eliminated got something more for their resume and great air time!
    Last edited by eldee; 07-21-2003 at 01:01 PM.

FORT Fan
    Reality check.....I doubt there will be a fame 2...the ratings are horrible...
    started good...a month ago it had fallen from 41 to 51 place...and each week drops lower and lower..the new ratings should be interesting..

cant you see that the "shortened" format is an indication the network ready to pull the plug?? 2 off per week, then suddenly instead of one per week as we reach the end, we get 3 off per week and then winner chosen from four?? Hello...they know it is tanking..

saw someone post some total nonsense the producers must be feeding "show shortened cause they couldnt get permission for more songs they wanted to use'>>>what a coverup LOL>> they could certainly find songs if ratings were good...

unbelievable...
    JMO>> even thinking about a "new fame 2" is just wishful thinking....poor debbie allen...I really did like her but I think she has lost control of this dog...there is simply NO direction, the rules/format changes and the rest of the nonsense mean NO more fame JMO

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by freebiesite
    Reality check.....I doubt there will be a fame 2...the ratings are horrible...
    started good...a month ago it had fallen from 41 to 51 place...and each week drops lower and lower..the new ratings should be interesting..
    Well, American Juniors, Big Brother, and Paradise Hotel comes on around the same time as Fame do, maybe they should move it to a better day with less competition.

They actually said at the taping that a FAME 2 is already in the works and yes I will be watching it.

i would check it out once more too.. just to see if it's worth watching!!

FORT Fan
    LOL...they can say anything they want at the taping...the reality of this reality show is the ratings are awful..
    if they lie about the "we are cutting show short, couldnt get songs for them" dont you think they would lie to say fame 2 is "in the works"??? Yeah, they can "do lunch" and yap about fame 2, but with ratings like these, and cutting it short, I doubt it will ever materialize...

as for moving it?? it is a little late..first week premiere fame actually beat the first week of juniors wed show..it apparently went soooo low last few weeks that they are just closing it out quickly...not JMO...Just The Facts...JTF

FORT Regular
    I will be surprised if there is another season. Not that I wouldn't be excited if there was. I WILL watch it if it happens. We'll just have to wait and see.

Of Course I love Fame!! Fame is much better than American Idol and American Juniors.

Fame > American Idol(Juniors)

FORT Newbie
    If it makes it back , YES!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast