+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forget the Career, I'm going Straight to Vegas - Ep9 recap

Yeah, why was it the final four of AI sang twice and did a group number in one hour and Fame couldn't manage it?

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrome
    I agree annray,
    Will they mess up the final show?
    We the fans of FAME want to be entertained out of our easy chairs, we want to sit on the edge of our seats in amazement (of talent--in a good way. not in a "what the @#$&! is he/she doing?" way).

If nothing else, give us the best show you ever have. (okay, I know I'm dilusional, but let me have my fantasy!)
    Sign me up for that fantasy show, Chrome, so I can check my local listings. Given the way this has been butchered from a show with potential to a sad remake of other successful reality shows, dreamland is the only place we're likely to see what we were promised the first time around!

WHAT A SHAME. It could have and would have been successful in its own right. I think the group numbers were the first thing to do the show in - a non-rabid fan would change the channel on that "I found the cure" and "Stayin Alive" crap - I was tempted myself. Eeeeeww, they were so awful. How about a song from the past ten years?!?! They redeemed themselves with the fantastic "Fame" themesong number, but then they follow it up with "Love to love you baby" - WHY?

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by IMHO
    WHAT A SHAME. It could have and would have been successful in its own right. I think the group numbers were the first thing to do the show in - a non-rabid fan would change the channel on that "I found the cure" and "Stayin Alive" crap - I was tempted myself. Eeeeeww, they were so awful. How about a song from the past ten years?!?! They redeemed themselves with the fantastic "Fame" themesong number, but then they follow it up with "Love to love you baby" - WHY?
    I think Debbie is the reason all of the choreographed numbers are from the 70s and 80s. Her heydey as a dancer/choreographer is the 70s/80s era. The songs and the dance steps are all from the "Debbie's Dancebook" that she uses to choreograph every show she's ever done.

If you signed up for a year of study at Debbie's Dance Academy, you would learn the same choreography to the same songs that the Fame contestants did.

FORT Fan
    Ow....I sooo agree...how silly they were to drop the "I came to work" theme...the whole continuity of the show has gone...ie, changing the judging, dropping I came to work...

The "Fame" dance was great...that was more what we expected...instead we got to see carnie fan herself and debbie act like a loon...last show...the wigs/extensions..were incrediable..also the beaded small town miss "something" pagent gowns...eeeyyow...

My personal fear is that debbie and/or carnie will bring back the "pole" some of the semi final/broadway/stipper gals used...and they will treat us to their debbie and carnie pole dance versions ...eyyyyoww !!

What a shame to see a good show stagger downhill like this...lack of concrete rules, parameters,direction, lack of a cohesive vision ....has led to a sorry mish mash....RIP fame...I doubt there will be a FAME 2

Shame, Shame,
    Shame on FAME,
    We want entertainment,
    Again and Again (said in an english accent)!

Well, if nothing else this is the last show. I really think for most viewers this will make or break our choice to see a Fame 2.

Really if the Producers/Directors/Creators of this show were smart, they would let the FAME name rest and move on to another name for a show. Some shows can handle a season 2, 3, 4 etc. People at some point will give up. Would you seriously watch FAME 10, or AI 10? We all drop out at some point. Take the perpetual hottor flix, Halloween 14, yeah right! How many times can you you remake the same movie/show?
    The American public is not stupid, we at some point say, "no, this is getting old." and we hit the power button to off.
    I will actually be amazed at what they come up with for Wednesday, I just hope it is amazed in a good way. If I am not, I would like a year in the Debbie Allen dance academy, a single on Johnny's record label produced by justin timberlake, a year's living accomodations in a world class hotel, a contract with a large talent agency and a contract with whilemena modeling agency, and ...
    as compensation for watching the show.

Okay just kidding.
    "You got big dreams? You want FAME?
    Well FAME costs and right here's where you start paying,
    In sweat!" —Debbie Allen from the TV series.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrome
    I would like a year in the Debbie Allen dance academy, a single on Johnny's record label produced by justin timberlake, a year's living accomodations in a world class hotel, a contract with a large talent agency and a contract with whilemena modeling agency, and ...
    as compensation for watching the show.

Eny your recap was better than the show. Um, that's not saying much soooo Eny your recap rocked.

Great job and thanks for actually watching this show well enough to recap for all of us.
    Spay and Neuter your Pets!
    www.chemkim.com

FORT Regular
    Great recap. What happened to FAME? Great start and then they just turned it to crap by not emphasizing the singing and dancing. Some good ones left too early but the final four is okay. Gary should have been there instead of Serena cause he's a great dancer AND singer. Serena can't dance. Why didn't she try out for AI instead of FAME?

I'm hoping next season will be better. I like Debbie, but think she should not remark re: the judges coments and chastise them. They are trying to do their job. This season was probably a good learning experience for them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12