+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 7/16 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Chrome - Hot Lunch Jam was one of my fave scenes from the movie too (the other being the FAME scene where they dance on top of taxi cabs in the middle of the street), don't keep your hopes up too much. It was bad, except for the fact that they used the original soundtrack.

BTW, what's up with that Jojo impersonation Tyce did? So inappropriate. I guess he just didn't have anything oriiginal to say so just pulled it out like 'Go brooklyn.'

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Uh Curlyqt1986 - you are asking folks not to post spoilers in the spoiler thread ... Kind of silly NO?

Great Post Tracker - Too bad we couldn't do the Doritos and beer for the finale !!!

Serena kept losing her place in the group number . She's not a strong dancer - so bad time for it ..

The other three were pretty solid, especially Brandon. This show seemed to be better put together . Nice time for your production to come together - second to last show ....

I think someone at FAME or NBC is reading the boards. The other one I read is really, really hard on the show. I wonder what the ratings are now.
    "You got big dreams? You want FAME?
    Well FAME costs and right here's where you start paying,
    In sweat!" —Debbie Allen from the TV series.

shannon was awful, she was off key and flat. she also doesn't have the control or the power in ehr voice to pull that song off.

she is cute though, and she looks A LOT like britney

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I know they read this board - all the networks do . It's cheap marketing feedback.We've even had a sponsorship bribe .
    No folks Our writers won't be kind if you suck ...
    (well maybe if ya'll send us to Hawaii or something )
    Thats whats so great about being a private board .
    We can say truly how bad or good something is .

The sound still sucks boys- Ya think you can fix it for the finale at least ?
    Last edited by eny; 07-17-2003 at 08:20 PM.

wow brandon was great... he sounds liek sisqo, only withoutout the scratchiness

Edited because someone had asked a mod to address the problem- This poster apparently did not agree

So just what *is* Serena's # tonight? I'm trying to vote for Harlemm but it's only busy.

Brandon was at his best tonight and the first time I thought he might possible have something besides MJ-wannabe dancin` skillz. He needs a makeover though and he's not really got a personality that draws you in. That pencil line on his lip... just makes me want to attack the TV with a bottle of windex thinking it's dirty. Not bad for 16 but not yet "triple threat".

Shannon is too Britney for me. There can be only one, Johnny. Shannon's voice isn't that great and her attempt to meld the Dolly Parton original with Whitney was an aural abomination! Add that in with her Kelly Clarkson-wannabe karaoke last week of Respect and she's on the bottom for me.

I love Serena's voice. But... she overdoes it so often. She doesn't really need to win, though. She's got "it" and I'll keep an ear out for her. She's good (not Whitney, but good in a 70's R&B sense). And consistent. If she wins I won't begrudge her like that "other" show.

Harlemm/Gary is always, always entertaining and as an Asian he needs all the help he can get to "make it" in mainstream music in North America. Maybe 2003 is a better time to try than 1989 was. He's the triple threat, imho. I'm annoyed that it wasn't clear from the start about his background (not age, but experience). Since the show doesn't care, I guess I won't either.

Hope wins: Harlemm
    Pick to win: Brandon
    Last edited by eny; 07-17-2003 at 07:40 PM.

I thought Brandon has really improved, I was extreamly impressed. VERY talented.

However Harlemm really hit it home for me tonight. I am so moving to Planet Harlemm!!

I think that should be the title of his first album.
    "You got big dreams? You want FAME?
    Well FAME costs and right here's where you start paying,
    In sweat!" —Debbie Allen from the TV series.

FORT Newbie
    Hey All! New to the board, but I've been watching FAME since the beginning. I've been Serena and Harlemm all the way until tonight. Now I'm cheering for Brandon. I thought his was the only solo performance that wowed. Serena and her song weren't a great fit. Harlemm's was just weird (I know his always are but tonight's bothered me for some reason) and Shannon was totally wrong for her song (I had to fast forward it was so painful). The ending dance confirmed how talented Brandon is compared to the others. Shannon was ok, but Serena and Harlemm seemed to be looking the the others to remember what to do. I hate that!
    To be honest, I don't have a huge emotional tie to anyone so whoever wins is fine, but I'm this week I'm cheering Brandon anyway

FORT Newbie
    I think Harlem, Brandon and Serena had very strong performances in the singing portion of the show. Brandon particularly did a fabulous job on vocals. Shannon did not do well with her Whitney song, you could tell she was off-key, but Johny was fair when he pointed out that her past performances have been very good and consistent.
    Shannon, Harlem and Brandon came out very well in the dance number. I think Shannon looked dynamic in the final group dance.
    I still am with Carney (sp?) though, hoping that Harlem wins the title and takes it all. I love his personality, the way he moves and feel energized when he sings, he has that TRIPLE THREAT!

+ Reply to Thread