+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Are they getting $$ to be on the show? finalists?

FORT Fan

Are they getting $$ to be on the show? finalists?

HI...just wondering...we all have heard/know the american idol kids got $1500 per week "allowance"..clothes etc..and maybe a bit more for the last 5 or so...

plus other perks..."goodie packages" worth thousands...35K watches for ruben and clay..etc

and then they got minimum of 100K for the love song cd..*all except vanessa..

but..I was wondering..are the Fame Finalists getting any money?? or just living expenses?? are they in a mansion...with perks...or a Holiday Inn? Or??

who pays for clothes/hair etc?? are they getting the manicures/peds/facials/massages the idols got?? are they "eating good" or is it Mickey Dee's??

I am struck by how Moy was saying in one of her video clips that she left home to be on show, car payments not getting made, may return to find her car repoed ,,,ouch..

I KNOW the idols were paid enough to cover home expenses and cover clothes etc....how about the fame kids?? or is this show cheezy there too?? any facts/hints/info...or just speculation most appreciated..thanks

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I Imagine it amounts to not much more than room and board plus all the makeup and ugly clothes they want till they leave . Then It may be a sliding scale of cash depending how long they last.

There has been no recording , so no money from that end.

FORT Newbie
    I'm told (by someone who knows) that they are getting a per-diem that barely covers their daily meals, the ugly clothes are not their to keep, and they are all but prisoners in a mediocre hotel.

Pedicures and manicures? Skip a meal! Moy isn't kidding when she says she might not have a car when she gets home because it sounds like these kids aren't getting a DIME off the "hot new show" that's certainly bringing Debbie Allen a few bucks..
    That's such a shame!
    At least AI contenders had something to sing about!
    Looks like Fame is in the exploitation Game.

Dammit... i really wanted this show to be the next AI... so much for my enthusiasm... oh,well.. might as well watch who wins... (Go Harlemm!!)

FORT Newbie

no perks, no money

Fame is not paying the finalist any money. They receive no perks, no goodie packages. They get nothing to pay their rent back home. They are staying in a hotel where their $35 per day allowance in not enough to pay for the food or laundry in the hotel.

It's too bad they are being treated more like American Idol.

Quote Originally Posted by freebiesite
    HI...just wondering...we all have heard/know the american idol kids got $1500 per week "allowance"..clothes etc..and maybe a bit more for the last 5 or so...

plus other perks..."goodie packages" worth thousands...35K watches for ruben and clay..etc

and then they got minimum of 100K for the love song cd..*all except vanessa..

but..I was wondering..are the Fame Finalists getting any money?? or just living expenses?? are they in a mansion...with perks...or a Holiday Inn? Or??

who pays for clothes/hair etc?? are they getting the manicures/peds/facials/massages the idols got?? are they "eating good" or is it Mickey Dee's??

I am struck by how Moy was saying in one of her video clips that she left home to be on show, car payments not getting made, may return to find her car repoed ,,,ouch..

I KNOW the idols were paid enough to cover home expenses and cover clothes etc....how about the fame kids?? or is this show cheezy there too?? any facts/hints/info...or just speculation most appreciated..thanks

FORT Fan
    Wow...that is even worse than I thought...unreal...it does seem like the show is cutting back or rushing or something...

You would think they would get more than that...the Idol kids got a lot of perks, of course the tour now paying them too...

the way fame is going downhill I wonder if they will even have a cd, probably NO tour...that is really rough...maybe that is why Moy seems so "off" I remember when she was "worried" about her car payments..ouch...any other info is cool thanks

That is pretty rough - it seems living in the FLOM mansion is much better than what these kids get. I think if the ratings were better, the show would last longer and maybe they'd get some perks. But going from 7 to 1 in just 2 shows is rushed, get this show off the air for something better. The web page says nothing about a CD, and video, tour or anything. It probably wouldn't sell honestly IMO.
    Spay and Neuter your Pets!
    www.chemkim.com

I remember reading the fine print somewhere - maybe at the NBC website, maybe in the credits - and it said that if you were a union member and you had amateur status you would be paid nothing at all - otherwise, you would be paid minimum (whatever that is).

FORT Fan
    Hmm...zippy that is interesting..presumably the "spoiler" tyce got paid the minimum for his 2 nites that were pretty useless IMHO>..I would also imagine serena is a union member, having toured with gladys, has a vegas job..possibly Harlemm member also..
    I remember that video clip with Moy, how she said about the car payment and it stuck in my mind...she has looked pretty "distracted" last couple weeks...JMO...maybe hurt her singing..

for the younger kids, brandon, alex, justin, maybe the parents with them helped with living/food and they might not have bills at home??

seems like the show could have been more generous..I also agree with drkim...the bad ratings, shortning of show may also have cut off any "perks"..

seems like the idol kids in the final 32 were given a hotel and meal allowance...then the final 12 lived the "high life" ...and yes, the FLOM house, the Comics "Pad"...even BB4 house probably good compared to this LOL

btw...is the "prize package" room and board at the hotel any good?? Is it the same hotel?? anyone know the name, rating or how good this hotel is?? I am in florida and know nothing of LA.

also...anyone know that union minimum?? I am just nosy LOL ..thanks

+ Reply to Thread