+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What a Sham/ Fix / Unfair - Rant

I pretty much disagree with Gina. I thought Alex's time had come regardless of the spoiler. After all, we only voted on the final 8 without Tyce and Alex was still cut - it had nothing to do with Tyce. Alex was a good singer with not so good dance skills.

Now this coming week they are getting rid of 3 of them - so Tyce really isn't making any difference because I'll bet money he is leaving already. So his appearance changes nothing. Tyce didn't "shine" IMO. He is clearly an awesome dancer. That is his talent and he is very talented. But singer he is not.

CTJim, liked a lot of your comments. My personal final 4: Shannon, Harlemm, Serena, Allyson. I feel sure Allyson is gone next week and think Brandon will make the final 4 - 2 girls, 2 boys.
    Spay and Neuter your Pets!
    www.chemkim.com

they've got to come up with a "Fan elected relist"
    wherein those that are pissed off about someone being cut
    (please not mister whitebread wannabe rapper "he ain't gonna rap no mo no mo ~yay!~ he ain't gonna rap no mo!)
    like the uber talented Mister Boyd can make a surprise comeback.
    God I can't believe what harlemm did to careless whisper-he bites ass.
    I WANT ALEX BACK!!!!!
    Tyce can't sing fer&%$#
    Dancing can be taught, especially if you have Alex's rhythm-
    but vocals? It'd take a miracle.
    If you're reading this Alex...You was framed, baby.
    ~"To think of the guy we cut so you could have a chance..."~

-Edited for language-ÚditÚ pour la langue
    Last edited by eny; 07-11-2003 at 07:22 PM.

FORT Regular
    Clarification - Jojo said, "Who do we kick out to keep you in?"

This was after pointing out that Tyce was top 5 dance, bottom 5 vocally, to point out that it would be tough, and he wished America luck in deciding what to do.

He said nothing about "the guy we cut to give you a chance" - the Spoiler would have had a chance on that night's show no matter who was cut. He made no reference to that night's cuts.

FORT Newbie

What a Sham (e)

I have watched FAME since it's first episode. I must admit that I found myself surprisingly entertained. Like many, I have grown to really respect and enjoy the talents of many of the entertainers.

I am however, disappointed to learn that most of the performers seem to have extensive professional experiences. I was under the impression that amateur status was a prerequisite. I guess not?

Be that as it may, the show entertains and that is more than I can say for many reality TV shows. But, one thing troubles me. If amatuer status is not a prerequisite, what is to keep people like Janet Jackson, Micheal or Tito from showing up on stage too? As long as professionals are welcomed, I would love to put in my request to see Eminem and Christine Agularia (sp). Or maybe, Luther Vandross will drop by after he completely recooperates from his stroke. Yeah, thats the ticket. And maybe they could get Madonna to perform and compete against Britney! Wow what a show it would be.

Harlemm you are the man. And I will buy (or rip) your forthcoming CD. But, as good as you are my friend. I am sad to say that if you were placed in a field that contained USHER, Eminem, Dennis Edwards, Beyonce, Smokey Robinson, Frank Sinatra, Whitney Houston and hubby Bobby, you would have to bring more to the table than your J J the Jet Plane routine (cute though it may be).

Shame on FAME...for not inviting Jennifer Holiday or O'Jays. I feel cheated! If I wanted to watch professionals, I could have watched MTV or BET. In the future that is what I will do.

What next on FAME... The artist formerly known as Vanilla Ice...I think I will pass.

fReEyOmInD

FORT Regular
    Howdy. I checked the rules - no requirement that the contestants must be amateurs. They can have experience. They just can't be currently under any modeling, singing, ..., contract right now. So, if you did a play, or are in an unsigned singing group, or whatever, you can still be eligible. Among the Fame producers' many mistakes is not making this clear to the audience from the beginning.

FORT Fan
    OH WOW....I really agree...as I just posted, I think they are doing bad in the ratings because they have NO direction

I think they could have had 2 shows...1) Fame...for new fresh talent...

2) "almost famous"...where they do 2nd chance things for like Harlemm...plus "almost" people like serena and tyce who do backup/opening,dance etc...

pitting a 16 year old against 2 guys old enough to be his dad, a "bar singer" like Moy against a gal who has her own vegas lounge show and opened for gladys knight for 4 or 5 years?? and having them all go against a guy who runs a dance biz/school called "triple threat", danced with janet, and has a huge resume?? something is SICK here...not to mention Gerry Woo's musical catalog LOL
    J~M~O
    (PS...MY vote goes to Shannon...I think singing in a local rock band and being a dancer for a LOCAL team is NOT the same as the others)

Tyce is a dancer and not a singer. I do not remember him shining one bit - please!

This show is getting worst as each week goes by .

Shame on Fame!!

FORT Newbie
    Sham ?
    Let's see.....
    The audience had until July 1 to turn in their video tape. The spoiler was announced on July 2. One day was plenty of time to review all of the tapes..cough cough.
    Tyce worked with Debbie Allen on the Oscars and Emmys. He was on the AMA awards. He worked with INSYNC, Janet Jackson, Paula Abdul just to name a few. He's been on many TV sitcomes.
    Hmmmmmm? No, there's no sham...

FORT Regular
    Freebiesite wrote "pitting a 16 year old against 2 guys old enough to be his dad, a "bar singer" like Moy against a gal who has her own vegas lounge show and opened for gladys knight for 4 or 5 years?? and having them all go against a guy who runs a dance biz/school called "triple threat", danced with janet, and has a huge resume?? something is SICK here...not to mention Gerry Woo's musical catalog LOL
    J~M~O
    (PS...MY vote goes to Shannon...I think singing in a local rock band and being a dancer for a LOCAL team is NOT the same as the others)"

Like I said elsewhere (to another post that bears a striking resemblance to this one on the Harlemm thread), real auditions involve amateurs and pros going at it for the same part/song/shot all the time. In that respect (if in no others) this show is as fair as the real performing arts world is ever going to be.

Furthermore, they never told us that the show was supposed to be for amateurs, or that we should vote based on who we think has the least, or the "acceptable" amount of professional experience, local or otherwise (it's either professional or it's not). Can you vote based on that if you want to? Sure. But had they been straighforward with the rules from the start this is not an issue we would be seeing quite so much right now. As it stands, the rules were clear to everyone but us. Contestants did nothing wrong by pursuing careers in the performing arts prior to this show. Singing, dancing and personality are the criteria here (or they were when the show started).
    Last edited by IMHO; 07-15-2003 at 01:12 AM.

FORT Fan
    Well one thing for sure, the producers did NOT think this show through very well....we have not seen enough backstage stuff to care about them, we have had rules and formats change, *ie the judges, the way the voting/weeks seem to be compressing..

obviously a LOT of people dont like the format and the so called "rules" of allowing pros...look at the ratings

Tyce as the spoiler is a real joke...I hope that Alec, shannon and brandon come out of this with real careers and let the rest of them go back to the chorus line/backup singing whatever else they did ..."winning" may be losing with this show JMO

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast