Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Any of you bashers have 1/100,000,000th of the talent these contestants have?

FORT Newbie

Any of you bashers have 1/100,000,000th of the talent these contestants have?

I am so amazed by the bashings!

"Harlemm is this, Serena is that, Moy is so this, Justin is so that...Brandon can't sing, Tyce can't really dance..."

Are any of you bashers as talented or have the kahones to audition for the next show? Or have never lied nor stretched the truth, perhaps? More power to you then!

FORT members are allowed to bash contestants on reality shows if they desire using PG language. However, FORT members are not allowed to bash other FORT members.

But to answer your question, yes. I have 6 national dance trophies from a different kind of dancing - ballroom - mostly mambo, swing and cha cha. I also have 7 national music theory awards. So I think I have 1/100,000,000th the talent if not 1/100,000th. And by the way, Tyce CAN dance, it's just that he can't sing. JMHO
    Spay and Neuter your Pets!
    www.chemkim.com

FORT Newbie
    Like I said, I am amazed!

And like I said too, more power to you!

I'm not big on the bashing of the contestants of these talent shows, (although I've probably done some ). But DrKim is right, people posting at the fort are welcome to post their opinions.... and really, even if they (the posters) can't sing or dance, it doesn't matter, as they will still have an opinion on what they enjoy to watch and/or listen to

Oh and WOW drkim quite impressive I Got the most applause at a 4th grade talent show once
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Since when did it become a requirement that WE have to be able to do everything we're watching on TV in order to give our opinions of it??

If you can't handle people here who may or may not have any talent except a TV and a keyboard "bashing" your favorite contestant, this is not the place for you.

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    I take offense. I am probably the only person here who CAN do everything on television. (I say this because I know there is NO WAY for you to test me! HA HA! I am smart!) Particularly the stuff on Paradise Hotel. Why, that show was just made for me!
    ~*~ Maji *~

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    OOOOH, and congrats, DrKim! I love ballroom dancing. Watch it on TV once in awhile! Cool!
    ~*~ Maji *~

FORT Fan
    Hi famefan..

the point of these forums and "debates" is for FANS of shows to discuss, debate, and perhaps gently "bash" people who show up on our TV...

Once they are on TV they are in the Public Eye...why do you think tabloids, tv tabloid shows like ET,Access Hollywood, etc exist?? Gossip columns??

NO I dont have a great singing voice, and formal dance lessons...however, that is not a requirement on these boards..

I did excell in debate in highschool and public speech etc in college...soooo....using the tired "lets see you all of you do better, lets see you all get up and sing on tv" is a MOOT POINT in debate and totally unacceptable...

we are not on tv, we are not competing..the contestants on FAME are, we are fans talking about them...JMO..thanks for you time ..Cheri

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Ahh that's what we do best . I think this show is different in that it does interest people who are either in the biz or trying to be. I freely admit I have no talent. I can't sing, at least not without a bottle of wine and a karoke (sp? ) machine. But my bro has been in and out of the biz for years. My daughter took dance until she discovered martial arts, but still writes and plays music.
    When you sign up for this, or any other reality show, you risk hurt feelings. Every thing you do is scrutinized under a microscope in freeze frame. ( The survivor crew will unterstand that one)
    If these guys can't take the heat now, they will certainly wither when the general public gets ahold of them.
    Evry step and note does have to be perfect as a pro ,or it ends up on Entertainment Tonight as an embarassing sound bite

Quote Originally Posted by famefan
    I am so amazed by the bashings!
    "Harlemm is this, Serena is that, Moy is so this, Justin is so that...Brandon can't sing, Tyce can't really dance..."
    Are any of you bashers as talented or have the kahones to audition for the next show? Or have never lied nor stretched the truth, perhaps? More power to you then!
    I believe most viewers and FORT members watch Fame to see and hear good/great talent and hope that the contestants do well.

I have to wonder if you might not be doing a little FORT member bashing yourself.

Many people who are very talented choose not to audition for Fame. Why would they have to? If you refer to "cajones" as having the nerve or guts to try out, then remember the auditions. Some had the nerve, but did not have the talent to back it up with. To me "cajones" is when someone has the talent or skill in something, but try even when they can not control outside factors. When people compete with talented others in a public venue with judges, they will get critiqued on how well or poorly they did. If a person can't dance, then he or she can't dance. How else can it be said? The performers are there to please the audience and not the other way around.

Regarding having lied or stretched the truth, I don't do that. I would rather be under stated and have a positive surprise later.

Although, I did not watch American Idol during the first season, many said that it was more about the physical ideal for an AI than talent. They also thought this season presented more talent. Hopefully, the next season of Fame contestants will raise the bar and the same will happen with each year. That will be something to look forward to!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast