Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Any of you bashers have 1/100,000,000th of the talent these contestants have?

I'm sure all of us are outstanding in our own ways, thought for me and others it isn't singing or dancing. In some way we all probably get judged in the work we chose to put out there - whether it's John putting a suggestion box on this forum - asking for feedback on his work, or me putting my work out for peer critiques, or anyone that has to go through performance reviews on the job.

Everyone gets critiques, everyone gives them. The people that do best in life are probably those who can read the critiques and separate the "bashing" from the useful suggestions. Someone who can't handle crits shouldn't be in the arts, although I'm not sure what field they would be successful in.

Any of you bashers have 1/100,000,000th of the talent these contestants have?
    Sure... I checked it on my talent calculator. I have exactly 1/99,999,999th the talent.

I'm clear.

Spring & Fall: Preferred
    Quote Originally Posted by famefan
    Any of you bashers have 1/100,000,000th of the talent these contestants have?
    Oddly enough, I do have 99.8/100,000,000th the talent of these performers. I don't have the kahones, but if I had cojones, I might have applied to the show. ;-) Yeah, and I also think there should be exams and video auditions for anyone who wants to comment on anyone who appears on t.v. Perhaps audio, video, or even text auditions could be used to find the right people with the right talents to comment upon fricken' t.v. performances. Perhaps those of us with the actual talent required to comment on these performers could pool our talents and try to get a Constitutional amendment worked out that would prevent anyone from commenting on something without the requisite skilz to do so. Please contact me with your audition tapes, resumes, and scribbles if you wish to comment on the final episode. I await the mails.

he said frickin'
    "You got big dreams? You want FAME?
    Well FAME costs and right here's where you start paying,
    In sweat!" —Debbie Allen from the TV series.

Abelard has a good idea, but...then I would have to get my hair done, buy new clothes. Then, will the judges have to do the same? Who will be picked to judge who the judges will be and who will be picked to judge on who will judge the judges and who...? Wait, wasn't there a time when we would watch a competition and have our own opinion without prior experience. I remember when my grandpappy told me a tall tale...
    Abelard, you are funny!

hmmm... according to my math (why I am I doing so much math on this board?), 1/100,000,000= one hundred millionth.

That means each person would have one hundred million talents. WOW! Sign me up to watch that show. Call Orvill Reddenbacher, I need to order 3 truckloads of popcorn.

I think that if you can write your name, and it is pretty, artistic or even uniquely interesting, that is a talent.

One hundred million talents, great, more homework, just what I needed!

Looking forward to mocking Debbie's cackling ass tonight, regardless of our individual portions of "talent". Is cackling like a crazy loon counted as an extra dose in her case?

IMO I would have to say yes, cackling can be a talent, but only if you do it well.

Quote Originally Posted by drkim
    FORT members are allowed to bash contestants on reality shows if they desire using PG language. However, FORT members are not allowed to bash other FORT members.

But to answer your question, yes. I have 6 national dance trophies from a different kind of dancing - ballroom - mostly mambo, swing and cha cha. I also have 7 national music theory awards. So I think I have 1/100,000,000th the talent if not 1/100,000th. And by the way, Tyce CAN dance, it's just that he can't sing. JMHO
    Congratulations to you!

I'd love to learn those dances!

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast