Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Any of you bashers have 1/100,000,000th of the talent these contestants have?

Thanks eldee but I don't have cable, wish I did sometimes.
    "You got big dreams? You want FAME?
    Well FAME costs and right here's where you start paying,
    In sweat!" —Debbie Allen from the TV series.

Quote Originally Posted by famefan
    I am so amazed by the bashings!

"Harlemm is this, Serena is that, Moy is so this, Justin is so that...Brandon can't sing, Tyce can't really dance..."

Are any of you bashers as talented or have the kahones to audition for the next show? Or have never lied nor stretched the truth, perhaps? More power to you then!
    Well I don't know about everyone else, but I could kick their butts in a chair dancing competition. Throw on some Barry Manilow and I'm DA BOMB*!!!!

*another lame attempt by me to appear hip to the younger generation by using outdated slang
    Men are like slinkies... not really good for anything, but you can't help but smile as you see one tumble down the stairs.

You go Julie!

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I'd join ya , but I can't do Barry sorry . Maybe some Gloria Estevan ?

FORT Fan
    Well at this point I honestly think I could "produce" the show better than them LOL

I work in marketing, and KNOW that developing a "brand" and consistancy is soooo important...by changing stuff around each week and altering the formats FAME's producers have screwed the show...it is now a "dismal third" in its time slot according to latest ratings..seems NBC is cutting the show short..it was supposed to go for more episodes, where the spoiler may have made "sense"...

Imagine if the first american idol show changed the "memorable" theme song half way thru...changed the way/timing of judges 2 weeks in a row?? combined broadway/stripper/rap/pop/r&b and airplane dancing??
    had 16 year olds pitted against men old enough to be their dads?? Changed rules/standards each week??? is it any wonder the show is falling apart?

yes...dang...I have 1000 times more common sense and sense of marketing than the nimrods producing this show..too bad, it started out good, now it is like "just get it over" JMO

Quote Originally Posted by eny
    I'd join ya , but I can't do Barry sorry . Maybe some Gloria Estevan ?
    I'm willing to get funky to 'Rhythm is Gonna Get You'.
    Men are like slinkies... not really good for anything, but you can't help but smile as you see one tumble down the stairs.

Freebiesite, I believe NBC has an official Fame site. I'm not sure if they take responses. If you also voice there what you did here, it might make it better for next season. The show is new and the prizes and coverage is great for them. It would be a shame if it failed before getting better. We can only hope for the best.

My $.02:

Talent on these shows is not judged as them vs. me. It is judged on them vs. society's standards. (just look at Are You Hot...it was not an issue of "are you hotter than the judges" which many of the "rejects" were, but are you hot compared to what our society says it hot)

When it comes down to singing and dancing, I am not talented. But I'm certainly not going to listen to someone who can sing just slightly better than me based on the rational of "well they are better than me so I can't complain"

I also don't know how to make wine, but I'm not going to drink just any wine-in-a-box because the makers know how to make wine better than me.

By auditioning for these shows, the contestants are saying "i am a good dancer and singer (and apparently have a great personality)" By doing so, they invite criticism. I am not putting myself on tv and saying "hey look at me dance" so therefore my talent (or lack there of) should not be open to criticism.

Thanks.

FORT Regular
    I'm still trying to recover from Allyson's horrible performance from last week. I can't get that blasted song out of my head!!!

Quote Originally Posted by famefan
    I am so amazed by the bashings!

"Harlemm is this, Serena is that, Moy is so this, Justin is so that...Brandon can't sing, Tyce can't really dance..."

Are any of you bashers as talented or have the kahones to audition for the next show? Or have never lied nor stretched the truth, perhaps? More power to you then!
    Meaningless topic. By the nature of the show, the viewer is *asked* to judge the contestents. Ultimately it is the viewer (talent or talentless, this is about opinions if it wasn't *we'd* be the contestents!) who will vote with their dollars as to whether this person will have a successful, viable career.

I can sing but haven't publically for many years. Being out-of-shape, dancing would be a bad thing. "Fame" was not my aspiration, but as a consumer of this TV show my opinion, whatever way it's been arrived at, matters.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast