+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What happened to the Dancing?

FORT Newbie
    I don't know I guess I don't remember that earlier tape of Harlemm, I just can't imagine him in a dance class for a year, oh and not to pick on him there are many others that fit into that, but Harlemm does so much interpretive stuff, as a dancer I wouldn't call it dancing though, and I definitely wouldn't think of him when I think of the movie Fame. As a dancer those movie's are inspiration the dancing and singing. Come on who really has that potential:
    1. Shannon-has it
    2. Brandon- I think he has it
    3. Allyson- has it, but very limited to song choice, more broadway??
    4. Tyce- amazing dancer, his resume is phenominal

That's all I see, if they are going by the original requirements, nothing personal, just thought it would be based on the triple threat

I agree about the lack of dancing in comparision to the earlier shows. I know they have the group song and dance, but I would like to see more of the individuals dancing. With fewer members I would like to see dancing highlighted the way singing is.

Don't forget the new Dance Fever (dancing) is on this Sunday!

FORT Newbie
    Flutie, you are pretty right on except I'd have to flip Allyson with Jamisen in the singing category..just on tone alone.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    I agree about the lack of dancing in comparision to the earlier shows. I know they have the group song and dance, but I would like to see more of the individuals dancing. With fewer members I would like to see dancing highlighted the way singing is.

Don't forget the new Dance Fever (dancing) is on this Sunday!
    Yeah, and I hope Tyce audtioned for that one, he would win it all!! As for fame, if they don't like him voice wise, why the hell did they pick him in the first place among thousands of tapes sent in?? :mad:

Iluvnyrox

What is Dance Fever???

And welcome iluvnyrox.
    Spay and Neuter your Pets!
    www.chemkim.com

Quote Originally Posted by drkim
    What is Dance Fever???
    Dance Fever is a dance competition. It was big in the 70's but it only featured disco. ABC Family is bringing an updated version of the show back with hip-hop ,West Coast Swing and I think ballroom. I think there may be other styles, but I'm not sure. The host is Eric Neis from The Real World and MTV's The Grind, and the judges are Carmen Electra, MC Hammer, and Jamie King. It premieres this Sunday, on ABC Family at 7 PM ET if you're interested.

FORT Regular
    I'll rank who's left:

Dance
    1-Clearly Tyce
    2-Shannon and Brandon (tie - both fantastic, both incorporate dance into solos)
    4-Allyson and Harlemm
    (Allyson has nice technique, but sometimes her moves loook contrived;
    As for Harlemm I wish he would do more dance so people could assess his skills better - audition and dance numbers were great from him)
    6-Moy (good)
    7-Serena (OK for dancing at a party but very weak in dance numbers, especially that one when they all wore flourescent clothes, wow)

Singing
    1-Harlemm
    2-Serena (though I HATED her version of I Can't Make You Love Me)
    3-Brandon (smooth, professional sounding most of the time - can definitely see him recording)
    4-Allyson (She should stick to songs that work with her sassy voice - she's had some great performances)
    5-Shannon (strong and weak moments in each song, mostly strong and with training could be very good - incredible stage presence which makes up for what she lacks in vocals)
    6-Tyce (unimpressive)
    7-Moy (don't know why she's still there)

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by achilds
    I don't know I guess I don't remember that earlier tape of Harlemm, I just can't imagine him in a dance class for a year, oh and not to pick on him there are many others that fit into that, but Harlemm does so much interpretive stuff, as a dancer I wouldn't call it dancing though, and I definitely wouldn't think of him when I think of the movie Fame.
    Wow, can't believe it - this is the third time I'm seeing this about your not being able to imagine Harlemm in a dance class for a year. PLEASE tell us what you mean, I don't understand at all why one couldn't imagine this. As a dancer I'm surprised that you don't see his "interpretive" moves as demonstrating his superior physical control and coordination, regardless of who wins or who anyone's favorite is.

Either way, find someone who has the video of episode #1 so you can check out his audition. He's been excellent in every dance number. But hey - episode 1 was a long time ago, and most of us agree that too little emphasis has been put on dance so the dance numbers aren't getting the attention they deserve, AND we aren't seeing what we need to see from each candidate in each area.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by flutegrl
    By the way, I am an Allyson fan also---even though she does not do pop/country songs well, she is a triple threat, and I hope she does Broadway someday.
    I'd pay to see her in a show. Can't you just see her in Les Mis? She is SOOOOOOO talented in dance AND singing! One of the few equally great in both. Her first performance was one of the best and most polished in the entire competition even up to now, and I hope some New York casting people have been watching.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast