+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 7/9 show Spoilers *****Post here till 12 mid EST

FORT Newbie

Brandon's my pick

I don't care what the judges said tonight - Brandon is my #1 pick for the triple threat! Harlemm - I'd love to hear him just sing the song - it's one thing to be unique, it annoying to drag out the lyrics of everything you sing... Serenna - same thing.... Shannon - OK - but not that great... Moy - Oh Boy - tonight just wasn't your night... Allyson - just not impressed... Brandon is always smooth - he may not always pick the best songs, but he's not pitchy like the others - just smoooooth sailing... And dancing - wow! It's irritating to hear the judges always plugging Harlemm, Serenna and Shannon....

FORT Newbie
    Well..just my two cents but I think it boils down to this:

Do you listen for the voice or look for the dancing?

For me, it's in the voice and that's why I love Harlemm. I'm feelin' him. Vocally, he can't be beat. Serena is holding back like she's grabbing her throat. The others are too immature or lacking in vocal talent.

Also, there's the Clay/Ruben factor. I'm a die-hard Clay fan. Good grief!! Do I like feminine men? But I'll bet that the Ruben fans don't go for Harlemm. It's all a matter of personal preference.

Another interesting thing I noticed is the judging. On AI, the judging was pretty fake. They picked Ruben to win pretty early on. With Fame, the judges seem to be favoring Harlemm but let's be for real...How in the world does he fit into today's music scene?? They must be favoring him because he has the best voice and stands out from the pack. It certainly can't be because he's the most marketable.

What do you think?

Foster Your Inner Kacey BobDobolina's Avatar
    Apparently, this episode should be called "Judges not included." What a disappointment! I thought that now that they had more time available, they would bring back the full judges comments. But of course, the NBC nimwits do exactly the opposite and practically remove the judges entirely. And I think they actually extended the "who wants to be a millionaire" moments. Argh! :mad: I suppose the little judges' summary at the end was OK, but it was obviously just a few edited soundbites. As a result, I don't trust it one bit. Every negative thing they said could have been preceded by 10 minutes of positive comments for all we know.

And next week, they're eliminating 3 of them? And there's only two weeks left? I wonder if they've always planned to do it this way. It seems strange as it would mean the competition is just barely longer than the "audition" episodes (4 weeks). They're really dropping the ball on this whole thing. What a shame. A few week ago, I thought Fame had so much potential.

Anyway, I'd rank them:

1. Harlem: Excellent as usual, but I'd like to see him try something new.

2/3. Serena, Moi: I think moi needs to challenge herself vocally some more, while Serena should challenge herself a lot, LOT less. She seems to think it's being judged by vocal tricks/second. One of her performances a couple of weeks ago was barelly intelligible. Perhaps the judges should comment on this. Oops, I forgot. The judges are no longer necessary.

4. Shannon: I do like her. She's definitely attractive and very personable, but she's a bit too cookie cutter. This week she did not seem as overemphatic as previous episodes, which is an improvement. And thankfully she didn't pander to the troops this week, which was embarassingly fake last time.

5/6. Brandon, Allyson: I was rooting for Allyson, but I think she chose a really boring song unfortunately.

7. Tyce. He's clearly not a ringer. I don't think the other contestants have anything to worry about. Assuming he gets booted next week, which I think he will, he really didn't cheat anybody out of anything. It's almost as if they're opening up a special third slot for him to get kicked off with.

FORT Newbie
    I pretty much liked everyone tonight but Alyson and Moy.

Foster Your Inner Kacey BobDobolina's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen39
    Well, I wouldn't compare Harlemm to Ruben. I voted for Ruben on AI but I won't vote for Harlemm. Ruben was a down-to-earth great singer. Harlemm's a great singer with a gimmick.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelan
    yes i wouldnt vote for harlemm but loooved ruben, he just had the voice and the personality. harlemm..is just creepy.

You guys are missing my point. I was simply comparing one similar aspect, namely that they both have a some quality that is infectious. I wasn't saying that it was the same quality, or that fans of Ruben would also like Harlemm, or vote for Harlem, or anything along those lines.

I disagree about Shannon's "supporting the troops" comment sounding fake... True, it sounded rehearsed and the way it was delivered it sounded kind of awkwardly unexpected... But I don't question the sincerity of it...

That's one of the main things I like about her is that not only does she have a great look and stage presence about her but she seems to have a very sweet personality and good values... I think if anything she is just a little shy and not used to having all the cameras on her and being in the spotlight...

And it seems obvious that nearly all of the contestants are suffering this right now... Serena seems to be a little on the shy side but the difference is that she doesn't have a very warm personality which comes out through that shyness... While I'm sure she's a nice person, for me she doesn't convey that as much as Shannon does...

FORT Newbie
    ok im back from lurking to post my thoughts on tonughts show

Halemm again was my stand out favorite. i just like the kid his voice is awesome and his love for the stage just makes him sparkle, but i do see how the dragging of notes gets a little annoying. and he's just cute as a button. in a weird little alien sort of way.
    Brandon wasn't as good as last week but still my solid second. Shannon as well is starting to grow on me, she seems to improve a lot during each week and im growing to like her more and more.

ok was i the only one sad to see Justin go? ok he deserved to but i just like the kid for some reason, he's got alot of passion and heart and i felt a little sorry for him but it was his time.
    Allison and Tyce made me want to jump in the TV and strangle them. GAH! :mad: allison's singing is dreadful and i dont think she should have been picked over Alex. and Tyce?? COME ON! i was expecting to be wowed because he's a professional and his performance was not up to par with what it should have been if he expected to win enough votes to stay along with the people who have been there longer. Kick ass dancer but the voice made me want to hurt something. im hope these two will be gone next week.

anyways, my four for next week: Harlemm, Brandon, Serena, And Shannon.
    ~Kat~

I feel a little bad for Tyce because he was under a lot of pressure to meet some pretty high expectations that would be difficult for anyone... I don't think he did too bad... I loved his dancing though... I was completely amazed by it

Justin... na, na, na, hey, hey, hey... My faith in humankind is restored.

Alex was a bit of a shock... bubye...

Tyce... you gotta bring it better than that, kid! Wicked danceing, but too hyped...

Shannon continues to impress me...

Serena needs to cool it with the vocal gymnastics...

Harlemm is one sweet soundin' alien...

Brandon proved he ain't no Usher...

Moy... oh boy...

Allyson... time to pack your bags...
    ~M o s a i K~

Justin: Deer in the headlights, almost felt sorry for him but I'm glad he's out. He can make his mark elsewhere after he's earned it.

Alex: Damn. I liked you, kiddo! I knew instinctively the bad audio last week was going to doom you. Hope to see you again. I love that devilish smirk and your Sinatra-wannabe swagger.

Tyce: Best dancer but vocally he was only middle-of-the-road.

Shannon: I can't even remember what you sang tonight. I just remember you didn't impress me. Can't be a good sign.

Serena: God Almighty Girl! All those frickin` runs made the song nearly unintelligable. Nice voice, at least you were on pitch but you murdered the song, resurrected it and murdered it again.

To quote above, "Harlemm is one sweet soundin' alien..." Best of the night. I admit, if the show doesn't give a damn then I guess I don't either. He's my pick. Not that I'll necessarily vote (didn't tonight), though. Go Harmlemm, Gary, whoever you are.

Also a quote from above, "Brandon proved he ain't no Usher..." And as I'm not fan of Usher that isn't saying much. He sounded a bit flat, he just wasn't "on". He has no facial expressions. Somehow I think he'll squeak by. He's a better dancer than singer and Tyce has taken away the dancing edge by being a Michael Jackson immitator.

Moy, Moy, Moy... what am I gonna do? You were great tonight!! Well... except I had the volume on. :/ I'm afraid you might be gone this coming week. You sounded very flat, somewhat out of tune. I like your stage charisma.

Allyson: Sang through your nose the whole song. That technique gets more and more annoying each week! I liked you early on but I think it's time for you to pack up.

Predictions: Allyson, Moy, Tyce ousted.

+ Reply to Thread