+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I Guess it's NOT about the Talent!

FORT Newbie

I Guess it's NOT about the Talent!

:

What WAS that show about Weds nite? Ladies and gents, we have just entered the "Cheese Zone". I would think a hollywood heavyweight such as Debbie Allen would be taking alot more care about keepping the "Cheese Factor" outa her playground!

Is this rigged?- because I heard song after song performed SO off-key, then heard the judges gush and compliment as though they're tone deaf.
    :
    I guess the question now is whom do THEY want to win? It's obviously not the American public voting.
    Add more cheese by introducing the "spoiler", stir, bake and "voila"! Kraft Kasserole.
    No more for me, I'm full.

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    , Fam. You know, this show lost its spakle for me very early on. I enjoy it for the dancing, and that is about it. All said, though, I prefer Moy overall (and I think it is an accumulation of drive, talent and personality for me) but everyone else just leaves me feeling flat. And why are they cutting out the judges now? I mean, granted, American votes but how can you tell someone what they need to do better if you only allow one person (most notably JoJo who looks like Carot Top after a bad weeding accident) to speak???

I'd rather be watching Paradise Hotel. And that ain't saying much, my friend.

Foster Your Inner Kacey BobDobolina's Avatar
    Yeah, it's a huge mistake to cut out the judges. If it's not going to be live, which I would much prefer, it should at least maintain the illusion of being live. It's starting to feel like a clip show, which is so much less interesting.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I'm still trying to figure out just what this competition is about.
    I've come to the conclusion that its just a regular old cattle call.
    On those things they don't give a crap about your background ,(first time out or veteran), just how you show face and perform at that given moment.
    The best ones fight to the end , and the others get the thanks for coming.

Thats what this is, and I guess no boo hoos for the ones left behind. It would have been nice had they informed the audience and the judges...

Spring & Fall: Preferred
    I think they are mucking about with it because of the ratings. The dancing, triple-threatness, has been deemphasized. Also, only a couple people can actually sing such that I'd like to ever hear them again (okay, one person). Right now it is just becoming a popularity contest. In a way, I think the judges (except JoJo) should pick the winner. The spoiler seems rigged. Why would this guy apply to be on the show? All the other applicants must have been awfulicious.

This is no longer a competition from what I see. But hopefully these kids will have had some exposure and can continue with their careers.

Let's hope there is life for them after Fame.

Quote Originally Posted by Abelard
    The dancing, triple-threatness, has been deemphasized.

I agree Abelard! Joey and Debbie still constantly say they're looking for a triple threat, but they aren't emphasizing it in the performances. Very few of them actually are triple threats. There isn't a lot of dancing being showcased. Even the group numbers, which I used to enjoy, aren't that good and don't show a lot of dancing.

I noticed that they stopped dancing so much as soon as the judges were no longer deciding their fate. It looks like they think America will vote for singers over dancers, and I can't say that I'd disagree.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Well the dancing does make them more of an all out performer instaed of watching someone with their feet nailed to the stage. I guess it doesn't matter , as the ones remaining have already showed they can dance. I just wish they'd remember they can dance . For example Brandon !!!
    He looked unnatural doing the stand still thing ...

Quote Originally Posted by Abelard
    I think they are mucking about with it because of the ratings. The dancing, triple-threatness, has been deemphasized. Also, only a couple people can actually sing such that I'd like to ever hear them again (okay, one person). Right now it is just becoming a popularity contest. In a way, I think the judges (except JoJo) should pick the winner. The spoiler seems rigged. Why would this guy apply to be on the show? All the other applicants must have been awfulicious.

The dancing was what drew me to this show.
    Most of the performers have voices that I don't really care for and don't think are very strong, which makes the fact that they have placed singing above dancing even more disappointing to me.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast