+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I Guess it's NOT about the Talent!

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    The dancing was what drew me to this show.
    Most of the performers have voices that I don't really care for and don't think are very strong, which makes the fact that they have placed singing above dancing even more disappointing to me.

I agree fluff. I'm a dancer so that's what I enjoyed the most in the show. Without a strong emphasis on dancing they aren't looking for a triple threat. I could watch singers on AI. This show was supposed to be different, and it started out to be, but it's going downhill, IMO.

Same for me.. the dancing is what really drew me to this show in the first place, particularly since I'm a dancer myself!

I still enjoy the group numbers, but I wish there would be still more emphasis on dancing... and I really wish there was a qualified dance judge on the panel

FORT Newbie
    I agree with you RV.
    They seem to be DE-emphasizing some of their criteria when it comes to certain performers and then picking apart others when they don't put it all together.
    For example, once Johnny criticized Brandon for not dancing enough, then when Alex sang said... "I could see you threw in a coupla moves but when you sound that great - just sing"....

When they keep contradicting themselves, it seems to us viewers they have an agenda or at the very least have their heads hidden somewhere in their own anatomy.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I noted the lack of a dancing judge at the beginning. I thought maybe Debbie would have taken her place with the judges, since none of the others are qualified. Johnny is the closest, but sadly only judges what sells.

They are contradicting themselves. It's no wonder I can't figure out what they want.I'm sure it's frustrating for the contestants as well.

Yup, the dancing is also what first drew me in. I noticed that the judges where doing their job a lot more before "big mama" (she said) Debbie was criticizing the judges and making excuses for the contestants. Such as, they are preforming in front of a lot of people, or that they weren't originally scheduled to go next. I did notice some very good critiques before Debbie started to "gun them down". That's too bad for all.

Quote Originally Posted by chrldr1818

I agree fluff. I'm a dancer so that's what I enjoyed the most in the show. Without a strong emphasis on dancing they aren't looking for a triple threat. I could watch singers on AI. This show was supposed to be different, and it started out to be, but it's going downhill, IMO.

I agree right back at yah

The show has lost it's spark for me.
    Even the best singers on this show sound mediocre to me at times and the show is no longer compulsory viewing for me.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Regular
    the show has defintely lost its way. it was about the triple threat, now it's about the singing and most aren't any good. it's falling way down in the ratings probly because it doesn't have a focus any more.

FORT Fan
    OH I agree sooo much...I am really confused as to how they simply stopped the judging....watching carney gush and debbie defend....they seem to have lost all focus.

I also did not like the shoddy "Planet Harlemm" tee shirt Carnie held up...how unfair to the other contestants, especially the younger kids..JMO

Altho Debbie plays "mother hen" it is becoming more and more clear that the two pros Serena and Harlemm are being pushed...

the whole show has developed a weird, rushed feeling...and now the spoiler comes...ouch

I agree with a lot of you - I watch for the dancing, for something different. No one IMO has a great singing voice - so I just watch for entertainment - not the creation of a star. I'm not near as involved as I was watching AI - and no one sings as well as the finalists of AI. I do wish we'd see more dancing - that's what made FAME unique. I miss it.
    Spay and Neuter your Pets!
    www.chemkim.com

I agree with all you guys!!! The focus of fame was singing, DANCING, and personality. Not anymore. The group numbers peaked with the absolutely awesome rendition of "Fame." I do understand that they only have a week to put it together, but it's just not entertaining anymore. And the contestants are not dancing anymore. This is not American Idol!! And when they do dance, they get criticized by the judges. I watch the show hoping to see some great dancing, and I hope I see it from Tyce tonight!!!
    Erica T.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast