+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Tyce Diorio - The Spoiler

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by flutegrl
    you mean you don't scratch your head when you hear Shannon and Moy sing?
    Tyce...picked a song that would showcase BOTH his singing and dancing---something Serena NEVER does and Harlemm RARELY does.
    Moy is just a weak singer - her first episode seems to have been a fluke. She's sweet and has such a pretty face that people seem to be sticking with her, perhaps hoping that she'll find her voice again if we just give her ONE MORE CHANCE....

Shannon I think has talent vocally, and just needs some help with technique and control. She's so full of energy, though, that she's still exciting to watch perform despite her weaknesses, which is one of the things they're looking for, so I give her credit for that. Serena is smart - she has to know, having attended camp with these people, that dance is her weak point. So, she just avoids it entirely. Harlemm, however, CAN dance - why has he done less and less of it? Dance for me, Harlemm, DANCE FOR ME!

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by bisous3
    People- none of this is a secret...haven't you been reading the threads??
    Tyce is 30 give or take.
    You left out the part about him being the last junior dance champion on Star Search
    THANK GOD for you......I'm getting pretty annoyed here. Everybody stop talking about Tyce's inability to sing, and let's talk about the other contestants inability to DANCE. Remember? This is not American Idol.

1. Harlemm can sing, can't dance (he glides like an airplane on stage, was cute in the beginning, getting kinda boring and annoying now) and he has "IT". OK? 2 out of 3.

2. Serena can sing, can't dance and doesn't have "IT". 1 out of 3.

3. Shannon is mediocre in singing and dancing. It seems she's trying too hard to be another britney or christina and it ain't workin cause she don't have "IT". I'd say 1/2 out of 3. I would like to see her dance solo without singing.

4.Brandon can sing, He bored me in the first dance group, so I never really look at him now and he doesn't have "IT". 1 out of 3.

5.Moy can't sing all that well, her dance moves can get quite funky, but I wouldn't consider her a DANCER's dancer, and I think the little bit of "IT" that she has is that space between her teeth, which resembles Madonna. I can't quite call this one, she's too spazzy. Any help appreciated.

6.Alison can't sing, can dance ok, and has half of "IT" (her smile and hair color) 1 1/2 out of 3. She's also a cleptomaniac per someone who knows her very well. So watch out contestants!!

7. Tyce can't sing, can DANCE WOW!! and he has "IT" (he's hot, has star personality, confidence, has been chosen to dance on every dance awards show, Junior Champion on STAR search, Paula Abdul and Emilio Estevan and their entorhagge came to a dance competition in CA just to watch him perform. How many celebs do that huh?? 2 out of 3

Should be Tyce and Harlemm in the end, according to TRIPLE THREAT. And if he can't sing, whoever picked his tape among thousands, must have loved him for the two other threats.

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    Still, this is a competition for a single, among other things. Do you know how bad a single would be if the person on it can't sing? That's why I think that singing is more important in this competition. Dancing should definetly play a part, but i'd rather have someone who can sing ok and dance ok than someone who is a killer dancer, but couldn't sing "Mary had a little lamb".

FORT Newbie
    I think Tyce is a great dancer, but a really bad singer!

FORT Newbie
    man id say i agree with what a lot of you guys are saying but a few things are weird to me.
    i think Harlemm CAN dance. maybe he doesnt do much of it during some of his solos but if u take a look at rehersal tapes and group numbers he's got that natural rhythm. and this whole things about Tyce is just getting redundant.
    boy doesnt have singing talent but sure he can dance his pants off. but singing is a much more important factor. if u can sing well but dance alright, it much easier to teach someone to dance better then it is to get them to sing well enough to put together a good record if they dont have the voice in em, and tyce doesnt. plus it's going to be hard for people to want to vote for him over the others becuz of their pre-decided favorites. i kinda feel bad for the kid. but i like his energy and i think he should just stick to the dancing thing becuz he seems much more suited for it then being an all out triple threat.
    ~Kat~

Quote Originally Posted by Fonzie34
    if u can sing well but dance alright, it much easier to teach someone to dance better then it is to get them to sing well enough to put together a good record if they dont have the voice in em, and tyce doesnt.
    I have to disagree here. With all of the modern marvels in a recording studio a mediocre singing voice can be turned into a perfect pitch sensation. You can't fake dancing like that.

I like Tyce, maybe he hasn't got the strongest voice but it's certainly not the weakest... and his dance moves... damn he's good!

FORT Newbie
    Nice summary of the remaining 7, especially by iluvnyrox. Unfortunately there is no thriple threat among them with the possible exception of Harlem. The other two favorites as tagged by the panelists are only half the package - or less. Shannon's performances are all identical. Just pick any song and you get the same body shakes, head toss, looks over her shoulder. It's gotten old real fast. Serena can't dance. The camera NEVER focuses on her during any of the dance numbers. That leaves Harlem who can dance and has a great voice. His only liability is his age and strange looks, but Clay Aiken is pretty strange looking too. This week's show was AWFUL! No wonder their audience keeps dropping.

FORT Regular
    You know what, I remember Tyce saying he "got the call on a Thursday" and "was on the plane" on "Saturday." Given that he appeared on Wedensday July 2, that means the very latest he could have been contacted is Thursday June 26! So much for the July 1 deadline.

All together now: SHADY

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by IMHO
    You know what, I remember Tyce saying he "got the call on a Thursday" and "was on the plane" on "Saturday." Given that he appeared on Wedensday July 2, that means the very latest he could have been contacted is Thursday June 26! So much for the July 1 deadline.

All together now: SHADY
    I'm still kinda hoping that poor Tyce, who's been gettin a bad rap since he got on the show (actually even before that) was only put on the show to beef up the ratings or to get the contestants pumped up to work their butts off because Tyce is well known and has celebs that he's worked with watching him on national T.V., has Johnny Wright writing him off even before he started, the network not airing what Carnie said to him which supposedly were good comments and he probably won't even be able to get onto another reality show like Dance Fever because he's already been targeted as this spoiler bad guy who can't sing, came to annoy the other contestants and the Judges and the Nation. AND THE ONLY THING THIS GUY DID, WAS SEND IN HIS TAPE, LIKE ANY OTHER PERFORMER WOULD. IT'S NOT HIS FAULT THEY DIDN'T PICK THE RIGHT ONE.

I hope Debbie Allen announces at the end of the last show that it was all a farce, and they hired him to get the ball rollin.

FORT Newbie
    Okay, so all of you know I'm not a fan of this entire "Spoiler" scheme from the get-go. My choices have been Jamisen, Brandon, possibly Shannon.. but do any of you know how difficult it is to actually sing well while you're dancing??? LIVE? I do - it's HARD!
    Go to any concert of a big name performer - you won't hear them sounding their studio-best because man, it is near impossible!

That's WHY you don't see Serena and Harlemm dancing during their songs - they're concentrating on what stands out the most - their vocals- and the judges have been de-emphasizing the dance aspect of their performances from day one.

In all fairness, I'd say Tyce probably CAN sing - he didn't sound BAD, he just didn't sound as great as we'd expected him to given all the hype and he certainly didn't pick the best song to start with.
    I'll bet if he stays on next week we may be surprised.

+ Reply to Thread