+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Tyce Diorio - The Spoiler

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I forgot about the last day being July 1 and him appearing the next day.Pretty exhaustive search :rolleyes.

He is good looking and can definately dance, but his voice is strictly acceptable Karaoke level.Not good enough to be considered as a threat to the others.

All I can say is that the reason why I am here, is to set things straight on behalf of Tyce who is WAY too busy to post here. There is no shady dealings with him. He legitimately sent in a tape and the producers chose him, Debbie Allen being one of them.
    As I said in another post, I don't care WHO the spoiler is. HOW in the world are they supposed to gain support against people who the public has gotten to know for 9 weeks? People who readily admit how upset they are by the appearance of a spoiler, INCLUDING the judges??
    Trust me, you wouldn't want to trade places with Tyce right now.
    Incidentally the judges comments were edited. Carnie Wilson told him she thought he was good and she was very nervous for him. Thats not exactly fair. The judges comments are quite obviously meant to sway the public's opinion. I feel they have already chosen Harlemm. That is MY feeling, not Tyce's by the way.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bisous3
    As I said in another thread, Madonna, J.Lo, Justin Timberlake aren't exactly vocal geniuses people. They are looking for a total PACKAGE. Tyce is it.
    Actually, their words have been "triple threat." Not the same thing.

Justin Timberlake can actually sing, so I don't know why he was included there among the mediocre vocalists you listed (maybe you meant Britney! ), but since you link him to them you must in some way acknowledge that his singing is weak.

As for the bit about the odds being against him as the spoiler, of course! He would have known that going in, as would all of America. The only way he could MAYBE win is if he blew the rest of the contestants out of the water with his performance. I think America wanted to see whether he would do that and THEN decide whether they'd vote for him over previous faves.

Well, we watched.

More than anything I was surprised. I mean after aaaaaall this hype from the very start of the show, and after aaaaaall this talk about his amazing experience, I expected someone to legitimately challenge the current favorites, increasing both tension, competition, and ratings. After I saw those 7 perfect, spot-on pirhouettes they kept showing from rehearsal, I was a little nervous for the competition, but excited too - I love a good performance, and waited with not a little anticipation for something to save this dreadful episode, and to finally see this SPOILER they'd been telling us about for so long.

But those who didn't change the channel after that awful group number and cared enough to stay with the show to see him perform saw an unbelievably skilled and talented dancer sing with an intensely average voice. So average that I sat with my head tilted like a confused puppy for much of the performance. I just didn't understand.

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    Quote Originally Posted by IMHO
    But those who didn't change the channel after that awful group number and cared enough to stay with the show to see him perform saw an unbelievably skilled and talented dancer sing with an intensely average voice. So average that I sat with my head tilted like a confused puppy for much of the performance. I just didn't understand.
    minus the puppy thing. I was, instead, scratching my head like a lowland gorilla.
    ~*~ Maji *~

you mean you don't scratch your head when you hear Shannon and Moy sing? Personally, I think their voices are intensely average as well. Ok, no, Tyce cannot touch Serena and Harlemm as far as singing---at this point---but can Serena dance half as well? I'm really mad because it's about the triple threat, and that concept has been lost. I liked Tyce because his performance was really good---better than a lot of the previous, and who 's to say he doesn't have more to bring vocally? He picked a song that would showcase BOTH his singing and dancing---something Serena NEVER does and Harlemm RARELY does. The judges are looking for a strong singer, and don't really care about the dancing. I want Tyce to stay but I have a feeling the rest of America thinks otherwise. I'm just upset that I'll only get to see him perform one more time if he stays. I could watch him dance for hours.
    Erica T.

I'm telling you folks, the New Dance Fever is the place for him to be. Maybe he will audition for them. Triple threat--no, dancer-a big yes from his audition tape, but not his solo.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by flutegrl
    you mean you don't scratch your head when you hear Shannon and Moy sing? Personally, I think their voices are intensely average as well. Ok, no, Tyce cannot touch Serena and Harlemm as far as singing---at this point---but can Serena dance half as well? I'm really mad because it's about the triple threat, and that concept has been lost. I liked Tyce because his performance was really good---better than a lot of the previous, and who 's to say he doesn't have more to bring vocally? He picked a song that would showcase BOTH his singing and dancing---something Serena NEVER does and Harlemm RARELY does. The judges are looking for a strong singer, and don't really care about the dancing. I want Tyce to stay but I have a feeling the rest of America thinks otherwise. I'm just upset that I'll only get to see him perform one more time if he stays. I could watch him dance for hours.
    I agree. Also, what exactly is the triple of the threats?? Isn't the so called "IT"? Well, Tyce my friends has "IT" and he's the best dancer up there. So, he has two out of the three and at least he was on key with his singing unlike allison. Fame suppose to be triple threat, so far Tyce is the only one with two in my opinion.

Hello my NY Fame watcher!

IMO the spoiler was doomed from the start. After all these weeks of viewers picking their favorites, who'd pick the new guy? People will defend their fav and many people just don't think a spoiler is fair in the first place. Let's face it, FAME is not getting very many new viewers - so people have already chosen their pick.

Tyce is an awesome dancer, I could watch him dance for the entire show. But singer he is not. I'll be shocked if he stays next week. I think with both poor public opinion regarding the "spoiler" and his average singing he'll be gone.
    Spay and Neuter your Pets!
    www.chemkim.com

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by MajiH
    minus the puppy thing. I was, instead, scratching my head like a lowland gorilla.

+ Reply to Thread