+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Tyce Diorio - The Spoiler

FORT Newbie
    Achilds,
    We love shannon, but she wasn't the only one with a positive comment. Watch the tape again.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I don't think the other performers are out of place in being hostile. Despite Allyson's flowery good luck , They all have to be upset .
    As for Justin - He's a 17 yr old true amatuer. I'd rather see him win, than a ringer with a past like this.

So you think Jacoby's attitude was appropriate? Think about this- you catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar. Allyson gained a vote or two by handling the situation with grace and class. Whats Jacoby going to do when he gets out in the REAL world of show business and he doesn't get the job because he is an inch too short?In the real world of entertainment, there are a LOT more crueler things that can happen than having spoiler thrown into a talent contest. If any of them planning on making it, they'd better develop a thicker skin and a better attitude, and fast.
    Actually enygma you put it best. Jacoby is a true amateur .
    Suzanne

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Very True bisous . This biz is a snake pit . I think I and others are a just little wobbly on the sheer intent of this competition.
    In real life there is always someone better/prettier/more talented.Everyone wll have to bring their top game or be left in the dust.

I take EVERYTHING I see on TV with a grain of salt....remember the Jessica Lynch thing? I tend to think its ALL spin and b.s. I have zero confidence in the integrity of the producers of ALL these shows.
    Back in 1988, Tyce was the Junior dance champion on Star Search. Then the final rolls around. They spring it on him that he will be competing against......a singer. He lost. Thats showbiz.
    Suzanne

FORT Newbie
    Again -
    Shannon wasn't the only person to have the grace not to be bitter and make a positive statement. She is a sweetie but lets not label her with sainthood ok?
    If I remember correctly both Allyson and Jamisen were very pleasant about the issue.
    I think the others feel threatened as they well should. Though I don't agree with the way this format has evolved, it may be the only thing to keep this show interesting from now on.

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    I'd rather not see a 17 year old novice win. Honestly. I think Tyce should be allowed to perform. They have quite a few pros up there, already. This guy has been bleeding tears for years trying to become "famous". I think THAT is what Fame is all about.

I say give him a fair shot like everyone else. All in all, I am bored tearless by this show already so they might as well SPICE it up a bit.

*** edited because, for some odd reason, I quoted myself. Damn, I must think I am smart! ***

BING BING BING! Alert. Great show idea. I say they take backup singers from around the world and give them a shot at a solo career.

After all, if it weren't for Garth Brooks shoving Martina McBride out of his back up crew and giving her a solo opening shot, we never would have heard of her. Trisha Yearwood started the same way.

There are millions of people who do backup but don't consider that "success" for themselves. Obviously, they want more. I doubt many people have grown up with aspirations of being a backup dancer only.

Again, give him a shot. They all deserve to have a shot.

FORT Newbie
    I enjoyed Wed. evenings show but am really questioning the individual chosen as the spoiler. I expected it to be maybe a young person from Montana or Nebraska. You know, some kid that would never other wise get a chance at stardom. How can a young person that can sing and dance but has no formal training compare with an individual with so much experience? I think at this point Fame has lost alot of credibility that it initially began with. Which is a disappointment because I have so much respect for Debbie Allen. The show seems to not know where it's going. I think in the long run the winners are the individuals that were able to be seen by a nation wide audience and not necessarily the one that wins the title.

+ Reply to Thread