+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: 7/2 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    May as well let the spoiler in. After all, Harlemm once had a record deal and Serena has been backing for Gladys Knight for years. Nothing too amateur about them, is there?

Wait! Wait! I have more to say. Yes!! Someone else noticed that Tyce, the spoiler, toured with Janet Jackson. I Looove the Velvet Rope tour, and he is an Amazing dancer, and he's good looking. Wonder how he sings. And who cares if he's a professional? The contestants have different levels of experience---it's obvious that Shannon and Allyson have had more dance training than the rest. Besides, I didn't expect anyone over 25 to be in this competion, but look at Harlemm!! So the show just might get good with this Awesome spoiler. Oh yeah, p.s.---Harlemm should win hands down....for now.
    Erica T.

Spring & Fall: Preferred
    Harlemm and Brandon made it. I'm so relieved. Loved both tonight too, even if Harlemm didn't dance.

I can't believe that Allyson, Justin, Shannon, Alex, Moy, Serena survived and Raymond did not. I'm biased on this, I know, but I only like Harlemm, Brandon, and Raymond. This show has surprised me with the poor quality of the singing. I find Serena and Moy, the most hyped, to be second rate singers. So long as Harlemm survives. They need a spoiler because there are not enough good singers on this show. As for Shannon, I cannot tell what her style is except mimicry. I can see Serena in a backup role, but as a soloist, I find her very week.

So why is it that they cannot manage to let all three judges speak? I wouldn't mind if they cut out Jo Jo.

FORT Newbie
    hey guys im new here. just puttin in my own few cents

all i can say is, Harlemm and Brandon impressed me again tonight as they always do and although Harlemm is my Hands Down pick to win it, brandon comes in a close second.

as for the girls i think all the remaining are great but shannon and serena especially have a little extra something that i liked (although i was surprised shannon picked an x-tina song, but she pulled it off ok and it shows she has some guts)

im not exactly sure what to think about justin becuz at first i really didnt get it. he wants to be a...what? dancing rapper?? am i missing the point here? but i do like some of his stuff and he got somethin that makes me like him at least a little bit. anyways, the show was alright tonight even tho the group number was pretty lame. man am i the only one kinda sad they cut raymond??

~*go harlemm go harlemm go!!*~
    ~Kat~

Originally posted by Abelard
    So why is it that they cannot manage to let all three judges speak? I wouldn't mind if they cut out Jo Jo.
    I'm pretty sure all three spoke, but they edited it to only one for the show. I guess they had to get everything in in one hour and had to cut somewhere.

Brandon blew me away tonight. He and Shannon were by far the best, imho.

Allyson - Her voice is thin and nasal. She seems like a really nice girl. She's also one of the better dancers

Justin - Again, PLAYSKOOL does HIP HOP. He's still off beat, and he has no edge.

Serena - Her voice is beautiful, she has a beautiful smile, jsut wish she didn't do sooo sooo many riffs.

Group song - I wasn't really paying attention. ALl i noticed was that Jameison is a far superior dancer than Shannon during the performance

Alex - *yawn* his vocals are uninspired, his song choices are vanilla. He just has the generic boy band look.

Moy - Her voice lacks control. Its very flat at the low notes.

Harlemm - Consistently good, but his motions are jerky and make him look like he's really mad or something.

Shannon - She looks sooooooo much like Britney. Her voice was raw and she sang the song well. I think she, liek moy, have a hard time singing ballads where you need more emphasis on control than just beliting it out.

Brandon - It was good, just not great- It was lil draggy.

raymond - i think he suffered the ricky problem from ai2. nice guy, decent singing, not much appeal

jameison - vocals aren't strong, bad song choices

I thought tonight's show was great! Nearly everyone gave great performances. I like nearly all the remaining contestants so it's hard to choose two to leave

My rankings:
    1. Harlemm - Once again he was awesome!!! He reeeeeally feels what he's singing and he really pulls me into his performance... he's riveting... He chose another diva-song... It's odd how he is actually quite effeminate in his speaking voice, mannerisms, etc. but when he performs even though he's singing feminine songs he somehow shows a very strong masculine side to him... but it ONLY comes out when he's singing... does anyone else notice this? Rating:

2. Shannon - She really came back this week... that was a great song choice for her... especially since she proved that she IS a fighter... It's very hard to do a X-tina song and she did it justice... There were parts though where she was hard to hear... Rating:

3. Brandon - almost tied with Shannon... He has improved so much since his first week... this is his best one ever... he must be taking lessons from Harlemm as far as really feeling what he was singing... great job! I don't care his hair though... Rating:

4. Serena - The second diva for the night after Harlemm... with another diva song, this time a power ballad. Serena is definitely not my style, but I gotta hand it to her, she really sounded great with this song. I loved the part where she did "fly... fly... fly away.." But in general I think she goes overboard with all the riffs... Her personality seems a little standoffish like maybe she is kin dof shy or something... Rating:

5. Moy - She was a little uneven tonight... it started out sounding weak but in other places she sounded great. I love her charisma.. she is an interesting personality in a similar way that I feel about Harlemm... Rating:

6. Allyson - She did really well tonight... this was the best I've seen her. She's definitely a great dancer & singer. She has great confidence on stage... The only reason I don't place her higher may be that she doesn't have a personality which really draws me in like some of the others do... Rating:

7. Justin - I think he did a lot better this week. Rating:

8. Alex - He has always been in my top 3 or 4 until this week. A big problem I think was his mic was too far from his mouth and he was too hard to hear... but it really affected the performance. Stevie Wonder is tough to do anyway and he really needed more power to pull that off... Also his more lowkey, sexy manner didn't seem to fit the mood of that song... Also I noticed two places in the gorup number where he slipped up and did the wrong move/footwork. Rating:

My round-up for tonight...

Harlemm (aka Gerry) was really good but I can't vote for him after the deceptions. I feel taken. If he wins, though, I won't hold out a grudge and might pick up his CD.

I hadn't liked Shannon. She was the pure Britney last week vocally. Awful. This week doing the X-tina song she was pretty good. One of the better performances.

Brandon... wouldn't mind if he was cut. I still find him weak vocally, he needs to work on his facial expressions but at least he doesn't smile during a sad song (unlike Mr. AI2, Ruuuben). He's a good dancer in a Michael Jackson impersonator sense. No triple threat here. Sorry.

Serena... she Tortured WBMW with a capital T and that rhymes with R&B. Ugh. That said, she has a good voice but if she were any more over-the-top...

Moy has a good stage presense but her vocals weren't too inspiring (comparing to Tina, Trenyce of Rev Al on the same song). She may well be at her "peak" in Vegas.

Allyson, Allyson, All-y-son: Honey, who let you wear that pink fur!? They must hate you. She had decent charisma but somehow I can't even remember what she sang. Obviously it didn't grab me.

Alex... I'm disappointed in you man! I forgive you a little bit since the mic seemed to be too far off but I'm afraid it could spell your doom. If it doesn't, you need to come back strong next week and make darn sure the mic is ok. I'd miss that smirk so I send a few votes your way.

Justin. Out of breath by the end. Finally did some dancing. Impressive that he keeps penning new raps each week. There's no triple anything here right now. He ok but I can't take him seriously.

My guess is that Alex and Brandon will be gone next week. Or maybe Moy or Allyson.

Does it matter? I'm not sure.

The spoiler looks interesting. There's just something rather uneven about this show. And the audio seems awful. Music too loud. Mic too low. Too much reverb. Something. The group number was awful, imho.

See ya next week!

Edit: And PLEASE, can we have no more Stevie Wonder songs on these shows? At least for the rest of Fame. :rolleyes:

Ok I have to toss in my couple of lousy cents on last night's show. I don't know if it's cause I'm not the biggest Serena fan to begin with or what, but I really really disliked her performance. There's just something about her lack of ennunciation on the words that drives me completely insane!! Not sure if it's cause she's after the runs and more gymnastic vocals or what, but I'd really like her words to be clearer, they sound like they are chopped off a lot or muddled most of the time to me.

Other than that, my votes this week went out to Moy, Harlemm, Alex, and Shannon. I couldn't feel Allyson this time out although I like her most of the time, heck I had a hard time with Alex as well, but decided to go ahead and toss him a vote. Can't wait for next week to see just what our spoiler man has to offer!!

Originally posted by libra1022
    Ok I have to toss in my couple of lousy cents on last night's show. I don't know if it's cause I'm not the biggest Serena fan to begin with or what, but I really really disliked her performance. There's just something about her lack of ennunciation on the words that drives me completely insane!! Not sure if it's cause she's after the runs and more gymnastic vocals or what, but I'd really like her words to be clearer, they sound like they are chopped off a lot or muddled most of the time to me.

I have given up on Serena. She has a great voice, but I can't appreciate it when inside my head I am screaming "what the heck is she saying?!!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456