+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who Hid Jo Jo? Episode 6

Did anyone else get the feeling they were told to freshen the show up a bit with the ratings slip? Originally I thought they were going to tell us who got cut at the start of the show. The way the did it was a way to bring in some much needed tension. I liked that Joey was dancing with Debbie.

There's just something about this show that isn't catching me like Idol did. I don't know if it's the talent or what. I'm just not feeling it. Maybe it's that it's lower key more like try-outs and less like a competition. Maybe it's not hearing "dawg" after every performance.

Where *is* this "triple threat" of personality if they tend to be so boring or milktoast.

Foster Your Inner Kacey BobDobolina's Avatar
    Originally posted by drkim
    What a fast and furious show! Almost too fast for me. I think I like last week's show better - there were some great performances while all we had this night were some good ones.
    I completely agree. This week's show was no where near as entertaining as the one the week before. Cutting out most of the judges comment's was a big big mistake. It takes almost all of the drama out of it. I'm hoping it's a one week phenomemenon. With only 10 contestants now, they should have enough time in an hour to do a less obviously edited show. What a shame. An extra half hour would have made all of the difference. And now they may have already lost GreenFlute as a viewer! And that certainly saddens me

Interestingly enough, Nashville Star had the same format of presenting a "surviving" contestant one at a time. But unlike last week's show, the NS contestants became totally relaxed when they got the good news and put on some really good performances. I may not be into country, but one thing I can say about them is that they're less high strung/more grounded (all except that girl who was always crying) and it shows in certain situations. Hopefully, this is just first week jitters, and these kids will be more used to the format next time.

oh yeah, one thing I seem to be in the minority about is Justin. I thought his rap was really intense. I didn't find it "fun" mind you, but he definitely got my attention. If, at the end of the performance, he had started crying or his head exploded, I would have found that completely in character, given whatever it was that he was lamenting about it in the rap (I already forget).

That said, he should still be ranked dead last IMO.

Great recap Eny Too bad you had to add the hilarious disclaimer. Some people just take their reality a little too seriously I guess

BobDobolina your avatar gives me nightmares!!
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Originally posted by Duxxy
    BobDobolina your avatar gives me nightmares!!
    I'm glad to hear it

Knew your father, I did! mrbnatural's Avatar
    enygma, I just read your recap today. I'm kinda slow (also kinda clueless), but I digress. You are one funny monkey!!! :monkeybut

I love the way you write, love your sense of humor.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12