+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Spoilers (new singers/danceres introduced later)

FORT Regular

Spoiler

I think the idea of a spoiler spoils the show. It stinks. Just think...this person comes on well rested, not having to endure auditions, weeks of boot camp, being housed with the other contestants, away from family and friends for weeks, didn't have to quit job, etc.

They will get a free pass to fame . What a stupid idea. Maybe these finalists should have skipped everything and just applied to be the spoiler. Then they could come on and just have to deliver one great performance, not a solo and lots of group numbers.

The more I think about it, the more it stinks.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I agree, but I have to hope the sweat and tears they have undergone so far, will put them ahead of any wanna be who tries to slide in at the last minute.

I'm trying to figure out how the spoilers work.

It would seem that people will have formed favorites before the spoilers get a shot at anything, meaning they would have to be something incredibly awesome to have people vote for them.

I guess what I mean by that is that if Harlemm continues to impress me the next two weeks (I think that's when the spoilers come?) then even if someone was as good as Harlemm, I would vote Harlemm instead as he had earned it... make sense?

**I used Harlemm in my example because right now he is one of my favorites. This could apply to anyone's favorite
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

FORT Fogey
    I think it would be really tough to be a spoiler and have to complete against people who have been able to train and rehearse and hone their talents for over a month.

I changed the title of this thread because I everytime I looked at it, it looked as though it contained "spoiler information" and I thought there may be people who didn't click on it thinking they didn't want to know what was going to happen.

I hope that made sense

FORT Fogey
    Originally posted by cali
    I changed the title of this thread because I everytime I looked at it, it looked as though it contained "spoiler information" and I thought there may be people who didn't click on it thinking they didn't want to know what was going to happen.

I hope that made sense
    That makes perfect sense to me. I actually thought it was spoiler information and was curious, then I realized that they called the new contestant(s) spoilers.

Spring & Fall: Preferred
    Considering the clips from the spoiler videos, will they really find someone worthy of putting on the show? I suppose they have to now that they've advertised so often about the spoilers.

FORT Regular
    I'm sure they just showed the ridiculous ones. I think it would be hard to get attached to a newbywho just shows up and didn't put in the time with the others. when does this person come on?

Description for the show to air JULY 2:

60 min.
    Good thing the top 10 finalists have “come to work” as the theme song says, since they'll have their work cut out for them when some wildcard performers show up.
    “We're leading up to [bringing] in several spoilers,” reveals producer Scott Stone of his plan to add new faces to the mix. Stone has a twist on tap for revealing the viewer votes as well. “We're doing the [eliminations] at the top of the following show,” he says, hoping to outwit ratings-skewing viewers who tune in at the end just to see who gets kicked out. “We're sort of sticking our necks out on this.” Much like the kids on-stage waiting to learn if their hard work has paid off. Joey Fatone hosts.
    I don't know if that means they will introduce some spoilers or talk about it some more

[quote] “We're doing the [eliminations] at the top of the following show,” he says, hoping to outwit ratings-skewing viewers who tune in at the end just to see who gets kicked out. [quote]

outwit?? I find that an odd choice of word to use there... he's not really outwitting anyone is he?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast