+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Spoilers (new singers/danceres introduced later)

FORT Fogey
    Originally posted by cali
    outwit?? I find that an odd choice of word to use there... he's not really outwitting anyone is he?
    I don't know if I want to be outwitted...

FORT Regular
    I don't want to be outwitted, either. I'm sick and tired of all these twists and turns with reality tv. The voting stunk that we couldn't get thru and with the time zone limits. So 2 people will get kicked off who maybe shouldn't be and now we have spoilers!! I thought maybe one, but not it sound like more than one.

Bring back real TV!! I want sit coms and dramas again. I don't want to be manipulated with lousing voting and ringers on shows.

As a spoiler auditionee, I think it's a perfectly legitimate twist to the show. Plus, there are several people out there who didn't get to audition for Fame in the first place (ME) and other people who could have some amazing talent. I agree with Anna...all of the finalists have been able to work with pros for quite awhile now! Personally, I think THEY have the advantage, not the spoilers.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    The phrase "several spoilers" is interesting , as the official language made it clear they only really had to take one. Maybe they did get some decent tapes.

I was under the impression they were selecting more than one spoiler myself.

FORT Fogey
    They said they only had to select one, but from the language, I definitely agree that they got some good tapes - I'm glad. Hopefully they can find a good rapper who can put Justin to shame and actually make the genre look good...

Oh Anna I hope you are right. I do not want to see him any more.

About the spoilers not much to say except that if they are good then so be it.

FORT Newbie
    How does anyone figure this idea to be fair in any way?
    Everyone else had to audition in front of hundreds of other contenders and be compared and judged against them - LIVE - AND after traveling (some for hours), waiting in line, taking time off work..etc. only to have someone come along and audition on TAPE in the comfort of their own home, meaning re-takes when they screw up, no nerves.......
    How could you NOT sound good if you can sing at ALL?
    Not only that, the audience has built certain opinions and watched this group evolve over the weeks only to have to start all over again?
    This is a BAD idea all round. Not fair to the kids that stuck it out and sacrificed all these weeks.

FORT Regular
    My point, exactly, Famarama. Well said. All of them who got this far and waited hours in line and left friends and family and someone gets to do a cheap video in their home like you said with numerous retakes until it looked and sounded decent. Anyone could choreograph a simple number when they've had a month to do it. How about auditioning on the spot when you don't know the choreography and learning it in 5 minutes.

FORT Fogey
    I think they're watching the videos, then having the people with the best videos come in and audition in person. I don't think they're letting someone come on the show just from the video.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast