+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Harlemm Lee

FORT Newbie
    OH, and one other thing that makes him so special...

He is perfect (even without formal training).

No, he didn't tour with Gladys Knight for 5 years (like Serena) - [which incidentally, I think is a little unfair that she's in the competition...] but he is PHENOMENAL and better than anyone I've seen in a long time. I want to see him get a record contract, make INCREDIBLY CREATIVE videos and be a Grammy winner by next year!

FORT Newbie
    harlemm is tha man, his singing is unbelieveable, and i even like his crazy shaolin dancing

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I mentioned before it was a little unfair that Serena should be judged as an amateur.
    If Harlemm is almost 40 what has he been doing so far with his life?I guess I won't be too concerned, but keep my eyes on smokinggun.com. He is certainly unique, but the latest performance was not his best.

I like Harlemm too, but please no Clay OMG IloveU antics from the forum.

Enygma, is FAME supposed to be an amateur competition? I thought a lot of the contestants (just about all of them who are out of high-school) were working at least part-time in show business.

FORT Fogey
    I don't think it's necessarily an amateur competition. I'm sure there are eligibility requirements, but I don't think they're that rigorous. Also, the majority of them attended performing arts colleges and/or were performing arts majors in college, which shows a dedication to the profession. And I don't think Harlemm's age negates his status as meeting the eligibility requirements.

Well I thought Harlemm did better last week, but he is still really fun and entertaining. His vocals were good, dancing was interesting, but the arrangement was a bit strange. Still he pulled it off and I really like this guy.
    Spay and Neuter your Pets!
    www.chemkim.com

Originally posted by enygma
    If Harlemm is almost 40 what has he been doing so far with his life?I guess I won't be too concerned, but keep my eyes on smokinggun.com.
    In the entertainment business Asians, especially Asian men, are not sought after, regardless of their vocal, acting, and dancing talents. If he's a kung fu artist he can be a Jackie Chan or a Jet Li but anything else, it seems an Asian man can forget it. Actually, I'm surprised he and Ray made it so far but, I wasn't surprised the Asian woman was cut early. Maybe it's stereotypes that hold them back? Maybe it's family pressures, as what Ray was going through with his parents who wanted him to be a doctor? I've participated in this discussion in other forums. In my opinion, just as the African Americans and Latinos produced their own entertainment productions to showcase the wide talent of african american and Latino performers, there needs to be Asian entertainment producers and directors in this country to showcase Asian talents that go beyond the kung fu cliches.

I'd say that not all of Harlemms moves are martial arts based. I see many styles of dance and acting in his performances.

FORT Regular
    It is kind of weird to see 2 Asian guys get this far. Kinda cool

FORT Fogey
    Actually there are two Asian males and one Asian female in the Finals (Jamisen).

Originally posted by Kocky_Kamikaze
    [B]In the entertainment business Asians, especially Asian men, are not sought after, regardless of their vocal, acting, and dancing talents. ...B]
    I think that is such a shame. It would make his victory all the more sweeter and he is my favorite to win!

+ Reply to Thread