+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Harlemm Lee

I really think it takes less energy to be positive, and what energy you expend, you recoup. That is what I like about Harlemm, he chooses to be upbeat and passionate not crabby.

5. Office Assistant Harlemm Lee announces he "has something special".

found here:
    http://www.popjustice.co.uk/blog/2003_06_01_archive.htm

Harlemm!
    "You got big dreams? You want FAME?
    Well FAME costs and right here's where you start paying,
    In sweat!" —Debbie Allen from the TV series.

FORT Fan
    Gee thanks for the link chrome..it was a pretty postive review of the show...by a brit for a brit blog...just review of the first few shows tho cause he went back to england....the quote you chose to use was the postive one...

but the newer quote was this >>

* HARLEMM LEE. He tells us he can't see without his "special goggles". They are broken this week. It is announced he lied about his age despite the lack of age limit. He is 36 instead of 27. We suspect there is more he is not telling us. <<<

again...more people wondering just what positive harlemm did all those years...the litany of reality folk with "pasts" is truly amazing..just found out another one tonite bout flom...
    thanks for the link...
    too bad the brits didnt see the rest of it, love their humor and they could really tear em all to shreds LOL>>
    this show deserves it..but again...what of the past??

Quote Originally Posted by Chrome
    I really think it takes less energy to be positive, and what energy you expend, you recoup. That is what I like about Harlemm, he chooses to be upbeat and passionate not crabby.
    Chrome and other fans, I'm glad you are enjoying Harleen and the show. I also like to be positive whenever possible. Harlemm Lee is a good example of how people can move on. I guess some could either get stuck in the mud and stink of whatever can be in the mud or scrap the junk off you shoes and move onward and upward. I try to practice the latter. If there is something to boo-hoo about then it's best to blow your nose and continue. Otherwise, you'll just be full of snot and it will be evident! Even though he is different from me, he shows how you can try for a positive change and put in an effort to either improve yourself or just make your life better at any phase. If he were perfect then what would there be to strive for? Good for him and better for those who can take that idea and use it for themselves.

Regardless of the outcome, he has gained a tremendous fan base and has already come out ahead. Harleem fans, if we don't keep reaching for something good then you just stay in a circle. He, his family and friends must be so happy and proud.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by caper

Artie Shaw said it best

"You've got to accentuate the positive
    Eliminate the negative
    And latch on to the affirmative
    Don't mess with Mister In-Between

You've got to spread joy up to the maximum
    Bring gloom down to the minimum
    Have faith or pandemonium's
    Liable to walk upon the scene "

I'd love to see what Harlemm could do with this song!!
    Now THAT would be a great performance. Good call, Caper - I'd love to see him perform that song I'd love to see a whole show of him doing his interpretations of songs like that, modern songs, original songs, motown songs, the works. Not many could pull something like that off, so many different styles. But Harlemm could hold my interest for hours putting his spin on each song, each emotion.

FORT Regular
    I doubt Shannon herself would approve of bashing and dirt-seeking on Harlemm, someone I'm sure she respects deeply as a performer and as her competitor. I'm sure she would hope that her fans would show him, and all of her competitors, the respect that she would offer them herself.

I believe she would be ashamed to see what has been written on this thread by those who claim to support her and care about her. She would probably want to distance herself from such people entirely, and as sweet as everyone says she is, she would probably apologize to Harlemm herself for their behavior.

Whatever people have said about her costumes, I still believe that she has shown class in her behavior, and I trust that she would expect that same amount of class from her fans.

FORT Newbie
    Chrome, IMHO, Eldee . . .
    You said it!! Thank you!

freebiesite, I was just trying to give you what you requested, the link to what I knew Harlemm did for a living, it also used to appear on the FAME website but is gone. I specifically chose that quote in case the link was bad, it was posted for your convenience. I was not in any way trying to sway your opinion of Harlemm. I respect that you are not fond of him.
    I did not expect you to jump down my throat, I was trying to accomodate your request. I will no longer respond to your posts.

eldee, IMHO, caper, thanks for the great responses.
    "You got big dreams? You want FAME?
    Well FAME costs and right here's where you start paying,
    In sweat!" —Debbie Allen from the TV series.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by freebiesite
    and here is an article from an asian entertainment online mag...shows he also was a first place star search winner, had 2 videos on MTV and BET....

this refers to his appearance on Fame as a "comeback"...LOL>> which is what I have been saying...I didnt know this was about comebacks, I thought it was for fresh talent...

http://www.aarising.com/personal/rant11.htm
    Wow, thanks for that. I don't remember him at all, but I do remember Tevin Campbell since he was one of my favorite singers at the time. This proves the point I made earlier about it being too late for Harlemm. Its sad since he has such great talent. I think he'd do great in movies though.
    From the projects to the White House...

FORT Regular
    I agree that he is talented. I disagree that his having done work in the past "proves" that future success is impossible for him. Thankfully, today is what matters, and today he has a fan base that will be watching for what he does next.

If the producers had their $&%*& together the fan base for all of the contestants could have been even bigger, but alas, if people stop watching they can't become fans!

Quote Originally Posted by freebiesite
    again...more people wondering just what positive harlemm did all those years...the litany of reality folk with "pasts" is truly amazing..just found out another one tonite bout flom...
    freebiesite,

Part of the reality of "reality tv" is that people do come with a past. Comparing the drunk driving arrests and sexual assault charges of the contestants on FLOM and the previous work experience of those on FAME? -- apples and oranges.

I realize you speak specifically of Harlemm... the age thing... he looked around and saw that there were so many younger than he was -- feeling that he didn't have a chance, he lied about his age. He acknowledged that on national television. Debbie Allen and the FAME producers forgave him, and america indicated they wanted to see more of him by voting and keeping him on the show. There is only ONE who truly knows what is in Harlemm's heart but my guess would be that the good far outweighs the bad. I have been wondering why he was asked how old he was. If there was no age limit then what did it matter?

As for the past experience... I never got the impression that FAME was about discovering "raw" talent -- "unknowns" -- yes. A person doesn't wake up one morning and decide "I think I want to be a performer, I have no experience, but what the heck, I'm going to try out for FAME anyway." ALL of the contestants have some form of previous experience. None of them has had any national exposure up to this point and that includes Harlemm. Even as Gerry Woo -- if they are one and the same -- according to what I've read he was mostly known locally and among the Asian community. I listened to the radio alot during the 80's and don't recall having ever heard a song by him.

So, you ask, what has Harlemm been doing all these years? Probably performing whenever he got the oppurtunity and obviously practicing and perfecting what he loves to do -- singing, dancing and making people happy.

MHO from a satisfied customer.
    Last edited by sinclair; 07-20-2003 at 01:32 PM.

+ Reply to Thread