+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Harlemm Lee

caper... I registered on this forum just to say... excellent post!!! I am a devoted Harlemm fan and look forward to his first CD. And I can't wait for the oppurtunity to see him perform live!

Quoted from your post:
    A philosopher said,
    "All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

How appropriate!!

FORT Regular
    I think Brandon stole the show this time. It was a tough call, since I have been so moved by Harlemm, but his best performances are a little ways back now - Brandon has gotten better while Harlemm seemed to have stagnated a bit. Brandon's dancing is top-notch, and when the song choice is right he sounds like a pro. Brandon appears to be such a grounded, sweet kid with immense talent, especially given his age - on the Stevie Wonder/Donnie Hathaway type of song he just takes off vocally!

Harlemm contains such power and conveys such emotion - he never just sings a song, he transforms into the song. He's amazing. I would wait in line for quite a while for tickets to a one-man dramatic and musical performance starring Harlemm. I still want a Planet Harlemm T-shirt. I think his magnificent energy and intensity would be best served by putting him on the stage where people can fully experience him, something with room for dramatic interpretation. I'd like to see him on tour. There is something very, very special about him. To top it off, he seems genuinely humble about it all.

What a good thing it is that the competition got so tight at the end! My top three were there, and I'm glad that dancing finally got the attention it deserved. Brandon, Harlemm and Shannon each performed their hearts out for the entire length of the competition. I have enjoyed watching them, and I wish them all great success. If nothing else, I am content that the three most talented and well-rounded performers made it to the final group. They also seem to be among the most grounded; none of them ever came across to me as unpleasant or arrogant in any way.

I still think Shannon's voice is a weak area for her, but her incredible dancing and energy almost make up for it. Live performances will be amazing from her - if she wins I hope she gets a coach to hone her singing skills.

My fourth choice was Allyson. AMAZING, powerful, sassy voice, and what a strong dancer she is. Jazz and broadway are all over her, what a polished performer she is in that "arena", if you'll forgive me

Even though the show tapered off, and the producers have made some bad decisions about how the show would run, I am so glad to have been able to see such talented performers get so much exposure. If there's a next time, I hope the producers get their act together and decide what the show is supposed to be at the outset, and stick to it, and make it clear to the audience, ...well, we'll see - here's hopin.
    Last edited by IMHO; 07-18-2003 at 12:50 AM.

Goodness!

Sinclair

Old people rule! Go old people (myself included).

"...at the end of the day I want to do something crazy, I want to take chances, I want to gamble, I want to take a risk." --Harlemm Lee

What a way to sum yourself up.

I can't wait until Wednesday!!
    "You got big dreams? You want FAME?
    Well FAME costs and right here's where you start paying,
    In sweat!" —Debbie Allen from the TV series.

FORT Fan
    Old people rule?? yeah like his sorry thing last week "inspiring people over 30"....well what inspiration...apparently he didnt want his age out, he lied....so now others are inspired to what?? to lie also???

Good God I wish some reality show would go back to people with no shady pasts....what is this country coming to???

Here is a good article that states harlemm should say something about his past music career to dispell rumors...(*too late now ...he didnt)

Harlemm Lee

and here is an article from an asian entertainment online mag...shows he also was a first place star search winner, had 2 videos on MTV and BET....

this refers to his appearance on Fame as a "comeback"...LOL>> which is what I have been saying...I didnt know this was about comebacks, I thought it was for fresh talent...

http://www.aarising.com/personal/rant11.htm

and yes...I feel the same way about the kid on juniors who has sung on cds, been on commercials, appollo, and also was Just on americas most talented kid...I am totally sick of recycled jerks on reality shows JMO and I am sticking to it ..still waiting for links or facts about what he has been doing, or where performing from his supporters...the other kids resumes are pretty clear cut

Quote Originally Posted by Chrome
    Old people rule! Go old people (myself included).

"...at the end of the day I want to do something crazy, I want to take chances, I want to gamble, I want to take a risk." --Harlemm Lee

What a way to sum yourself up.

I can't wait until Wednesday!!
    I agree with you. There is nothing like a positive message!

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    I agree with you. There is nothing like a positive message!

Artie Shaw said it best

"You've got to accentuate the positive
    Eliminate the negative
    And latch on to the affirmative
    Don't mess with Mister In-Between

You've got to spread joy up to the maximum
    Bring gloom down to the minimum
    Have faith or pandemonium's
    Liable to walk upon the scene "

I'd love to see what Harlemm could do with this song!!

FORT Newbie
    Forgot to add a "Welcome!!" to "sinclair".

Also thank you! Glad you like the quote, it does fit doesn't it!

Ditto to Caper.
    It's nice to be able to look at the positive side, take chances, and not nit pick things apart. It's great to move forward and shake off the old dust.

Todays wonder may become tomorrows wonderful!

this is me cheering for the best performer on Fame.. HARLEMM!!!!

+ Reply to Thread