+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Harlemm Lee

Hey everyone, friendly reminder to play nice. Thanks!

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by freebiesite
    LOL>>> I find it hillarious that it is politically correct to bash blue eyed blonds who are good looking....LOL>> and no I am not a blond myself...I just love to point out hypocrisy..
    as for the resume...hello...some of these kids were 16, 17, 18, I think shannon is 21...
    with harlemm we are talking a name change, prior lies, past record contract...one would expect to know what he has been doing?? singing and dancing in smaller productions and lounges or whatever is my guess..why not say?? why the "mystery"...
    I read somewhere that Shannon is 24.

Buster
    I looked for the info on Shannon's age. According to the NBC Fame website, she is 23. However, they did not list her birthday, so maybe she turned 24 from the time that was first posted.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by freebiesite

Harlemm was awful once again tonite..who would buy his cd?? what kind of music do you call that>>? He sings these dramatic "intros"..not really singing...just drama...and wiggles his fingers, does some kung fu, and crawls around...very odd..

I also would love to see what Whilhemena models would have harlemm model for...
    and I still would like someone to answer what sort of job he has held for the past 15 years or so??? thanks
    I saw a post from someone on another Fame message board who said Harlemm runs around the stage like a trained chimp!!

I think there's a reason why Harlemm's show biz career flopped the first time. When you see his schtick the first time, it's interesting because it's different. The second time you see it, it becomes less interesting. By the third time, his act has become annoying. By the 4th time, you realize that the guy is a vaudeville act.

FORT Newbie
    It's a matter of personal taste. Harlemm is not the kind of performer who is going to appeal to a wide audience. He's a niche performer.

FORT Regular
    I will say that I was not pleased with Harlemm's performance last night (but I did vote for him because he was my favorite throughout the competition). I respect him for wanting to take a risk, but at the same time when it's your final performance you should go with what you do well.

By the way, can someone please tell me what "IMO" stands for. Thanks!!

in my opinion is what IMO means i believe. yeah, it took me two weeks to figure that out...
    -megan-

FORT Regular
    [Thank you, I never would have figured it out!!!

Dottie

FORT Fan
    Eldee...I do read posts carefully...and NO I am not angry, nor would I presume to make judgements about YOU since you are not appearing on my tv set

..sorry I am just not a knee jerk type person who follows the "awwww...they cried" they deserve it mentality..

I think Harlemm has been way overhyped...I think debbie allen should be ashamed...the questions I am asking are ones the tabloids/press would ask IF he goes any further in his multidecade quest for fame and fortune...

as for shannon...my bad..sorry..she is 23 according to nbc...

as for "all models look alike"...hello this is NOT 1975...maybe back then...but really even on the model show the blondes were dissed LOL>.

I find this whole thing amusing... thanks for the laughs..and if anyone has bio for the "missing years" please do post

FORT Newbie
    Some thoughts on Harlemm . . .

1) The age thing - the fact that Harlemm's misrepresentation of his age got some people so bent out of shape just goes to prove how important age IS in this youth oriented society. Age matters WAY too much! I am older than Harlemm and many of my co-workers are half my age. I don't think that younger people realize how often they use the words "old" or "older" in a negative or insulting manner. In this thread people have said that at 35 Harlemm is over the hill and that once he reaches 40 "it'll be too late". NO WONDER he told the little white lie about his age!!! And that's all it was - a little white lie. Age is just a number - just like weight - like saying you weigh 115 instead of 130. He's already told us that it wasn't premeditated - that on arriving at the auditions and seeing all the very young "whippersnappers" he thought that at 35 he wouldn't stand a chance. I'm sure he knew he was capable but felt that society's age prejudice would go against him. He probably felt that he already had two strikes against him in being short and bald and obviously he couldn't do too much about that!!
    And in addition he's Asian. When an Asian contestant on Canadian Idol was told he was going into the finals, he almost wept saying that his dream was to break through the Asian barrier in the music industry. From many web sites I've read that is a widely held view, so perhaps Harlemm felt that that was another strike against him.
    I believe that he regrets hiding his age but I believe his reasons were totally understandable. And I wish that, unless they've never told a lie, people would just let it go.

1) The name thing - Since none of us know why he changed his name, I suggest people stop treating it like a crime! First of all there is another Gerry Woo in the music industry. She recorded with her husband Jack Costanzo. Maybe that was a reason.
    Perhaps Harlemm feels he has changed so much since his earlier attempt at a career that a name change is in order. No big deal.
    Not too long ago Clay Aiken was Clayton Grissom. He took Aiken to honour his mother and the American Idol people suggested Clay. People didn't seem too bothered by that. Let's give Harlemm the same respect and acceptance Clay has received.
    People change their names legally every day and there's no obligation to explain to anyone.
    I hear Americans frequently refer to the USA as the land of the free! If it's a free country then let people live freely and don't second guess or judge their decisions.
    3) Honesty - One of the things I admire most about Harlemm is the quiet sense of integrity and honesty that shows in his performances. I believe that he is first of all true to himself and that gives him the freedom to do what his instincts tell him is right. Last night's performance wasn't necessarily my favourite but I applaud his courage in choosing songs that may not win him popularity contests. Because he isn't just trying to stick to a trend, or do what is expected of him, his performances come across to many of us as very moving and sincere. With Harlemm what you see is what you get - he is amazingly open and vulnerable in his choices and I believe that honesty will pay off.

A philosopher said,
    "All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

This seems to describe the path Harlemm's career is now taking. Can't wait for the third stage!!!!
    Last edited by caper; 07-17-2003 at 06:23 PM.

+ Reply to Thread