+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Harlemm Lee

Thanks Chrome!

FORT Newbie
    IMHO, Chrome, famefan - I too thank you for your great, insightful posts!

FORT Fan
    Well I think anyone and everyone can be "insightful">>> we just have different opinions...

I personally am totally sick of all reality shows that are not "clear" about rules and stuff...and I am sick of people on reality shows who hide their past...my opinion, my viewpoint..harlemm is a good example of this...

JMO>> a lot of people only like him to be "different" or out of "sympathy" cause of his age and cry baby ways or to be some kind of knee jerk politically correct..

well this show is going down the tubes anyhow...take a look at ratings...and this guy and the spoiler guy are no doubt one of the many reasons...given the small amount of people still watching seems like many are harlemm fans but any so called victory will be hollow..

I agree...he is not mainstream...singles dont do well, he doesnt have american idol type support to sell a single...dancing school and "modeling">>> I cant see long term sucess..unless the musical is good...would he play a student btw??? unlikely...

Hype, tears, funny tai chi and airplane dancing...not impressed at all JMO

btw famefan...I still would like to know what harlemm has been doing for past years...it is a long time from college for him...My guess is he has been doing small shows/clubs or???

I am constantly wondering why anyone on this board or the others I read are still watching FAME when I constantly read how they are not voting and don't like any of the contestants anymore. That is so strange to me. If Harelmm had been dumped 3 episodes ago I would have quit watching FAME. Thankfully that hasn't happened (Go Harlemm, Go Harlemm!). I am however sad that Alex is gone, I really liked him. Not in Harlemm's league of course, but I liked 'im.
    "You got big dreams? You want FAME?
    Well FAME costs and right here's where you start paying,
    In sweat!" —Debbie Allen from the TV series.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by freebiesite
    Well I think anyone and everyone can be "insightful">>> we just have different opinions...
    JMO>> a lot of people only like him to be "different" or out of "sympathy" cause of his age and cry baby ways or to be some kind of knee jerk politically correct..
    well this show is going down the tubes anyhow...take a look at ratings...and this guy and the spoiler guy are no doubt one of the many reasons...given the small amount of people still watching seems like many are harlemm fans but any so called victory will be hollow..
    btw famefan...I still would like to know what harlemm has been doing for past years...it is a long time from college for him...My guess is he has been doing small shows/clubs or???
    What is with you? Your civility seems to be going out the window. You've made your point repeatedly - is it just about having the last word? This is a full-on bash. We get it - you don't like Harlemm. But to start off with a snide comment on what someone else felt was an insightful post just to repeat what you've written over and over and over seems to be pushing it.

You want to know what he's been doing. OK. You don't forsee long-term success for him. Fine. You're not impressed. We've got it. But to suggest that the show is tanking because of Harlemm? If he wins, it will be a hollow victory? That people only like him because of sympathy or "knee-jerk", "crybaby", "politically correct" reasons?

Dude, you need a nap.

(A side note - you've made it clear that your favorite is Shannon. I wonder whether the victory will still be so "hollow" if she turns out to win the competition. Something tells me that it will only be hollow to you if someone other than Shannon wins.)

IMHO,

Well said. I think this might be our basher from one of the other boards. Really hates Harlemm due to the "lie".

Harlemm rocks! I would definately buy his CD!

Harlemm...

I'm so conflicted about our friend Gerry.

He sings well. He dances well. He's just from Mars. And not in a "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" way.

It can be excused as "showing his style". But I think he needs limits set. Not limits to make himself boring, just limits to FOCUS the emotion in his performance instead of distracting us with airplane motions and weird facial expressions, squat thrusts on stage and the like. And while I'm not usually one to insist a song is gender-specific, I'll confess... I'm conflicted there with him too.

In terms of vocal quality, he's gotten some surprising competition from Brandon. Shannon only sings that well in VERY limited circumstances (the Christina song, for example) and Serena is just awful approximately 50% of the time, no matter how deluded the judges are on her.

Dancing, Harlemm is very good. Shannon, I'm surprised, is actually better. And Brandon MAY be. Serena, of course, has no hope there.

Still conflicted. I wouldn't HATE if he won. I'd just scratch my head about what (beyond "Fame: The Unwanted Broadway Revival") they will do with him that isn't niche...

Did you see him sing the song Get Here? That had the emotion that Brandon had tonight, WOW.
    Gender specific songs? Hmmm... I have to disagree with that. I liked Britney singing Baby One More Time (the real Brit not Shannon by the way), however there is a group called DollFactory and they do a version of it, very industrial. Same song, but a totally different feel. Awesome!
    I guess I don't think of songs having a gender, many have been re-done by opposite genders. Then again I am a music FREAK. I love music and I have some favorite songs that I love when someone else does renditions of them. Plus, a song you might not like could be better done by a differenet artist of another gender or vocal style.

FORT Fan
    Chrome...NO I dont know where that other board is, but if they have any interesting info on him or the others I would love to hear it..

fyi...I would love to see shannon win, or brandon...I would hate to see two old pros like Harlemm or serena..

Harlemm was awful once again tonite..who would buy his cd?? what kind of music do you call that>>? He sings these dramatic "intros"..not really singing...just drama...and wiggles his fingers, does some kung fu, and crawls around...very odd..

I also would love to see what Whilhemena models would have harlemm model for...
    and I still would like someone to answer what sort of job he has held for the past 15 years or so??? thanks

I really don't understand what his employment history has to do with anything? That is such a strange thing to be hooked up on.
    Waiter? Bartender? Veterinarian? Everyone in show business had a bad job at one time.
    He is an office assistant. It was on the FAME website at one time.

As for modeling, do you really think all of those models look like that in the real world? Men have their chests shaved all of the time for swimwear, runway modeling. Women have cosmetic surgery. Everyone in a magazine is airbrushed to some degree. Anyone can look good in pictures.

+ Reply to Thread