+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Harlemm Lee

FORT Newbie
    I am over this hype, at first he was alittle captivating due to his uniqueness, but I honestly do not see him taking dance classes for a year, much less perfoming in one of my all time favorite movies, Fame the musical, I don't know it just doesn't fit, my votes are all going for Shannon Bex, who could take advantage of all the prizes and I truly think will make it, JMO

I enjoyed Harlemm again this week, but I didn't see anything new - kinda like he coasted this week? I thought it was his personal worst performance, which is still great - he is a lot of fun. He is running 2nd/3rd for me right now. I would like either him or Shannon to win.
    Spay and Neuter your Pets!
    www.chemkim.com

FORT Regular
    Just to clarify - Harlemm's comment about inspiring people was in response to Debbie's question about what OTHER people have said upon coming up to him. He said that they tell him he has inspired them to follow their dreams even though they're considered by some to be too old to do that.

As for achilds' post about not being able to see Harlemm taking dance classes for a year, would you mind explaining that a bit - I'm just confused, not sure what you mean by that. All of the contestants could "take advantage of all the prizes" - that's a pretty big reason they're all there in the first place.

Those of us who have read the Shannon thread know that you're her personal friend, but I'm seeing lots of posts on multiple threads of late where you say something specifically against Harlemm and casually mention that Shannon is your favorite. Forgive me, but I only see what I see - it's hard not to notice that you haven't identified yourself on any of these other threads as someone who knows Shannon personally. It's only because I'm seeing some of your negative Harlemm comments repeated that I'm bringing this up. However offended you might be at this, keep in mind that I think an objective observer might question your motives. Sorry. In no way suggesting that you don't have the right to post whatever you want to post, only that if I were Brandon's sister and gushed about him and dissed others, I think it would be a bit unethical not to mention my tie to him. Maybe I'd put it in my signature.

Harlemm, Shannnon and Brandon should be the final three. Harlem, Shannon and Serena will probably be the final three.

FORT Fan
    Hi there IMHO...I am certainly not a friend of shannons, I dont know any of them...but yes, I think shannon would be the best choice...I could be happy with Brandon too...

I think having seasoned "pros" like Harlemm, Tyce or Serena in the dance academy for a whole year is pretty silly...as for the other prizes?? Well it just a cd single...Harlemm has already had a whole album..
    I thought the point of the show was to find "fresh new talent"...seems Shannon and Brandon are both fresh

FORT Newbie
    About the dancing - I'm sure Harlemm would love the year of dance training. Professional dancers never stop training. My daughter is in the second year of a three year pre-professional dance training course and seasoned pros come in and take lessons with them all the time. Just like musicians, dancers have to practice, practice, practice. And because dancing involves the whole body it's even more important because if you don't use it, you lose it. In the summer months when dance school is out, my daughter and her fellow classmates take supplementary dance classes. If they didn't, by Sept. they'd be out of shape. Also many dance schools or companies have their own unique style so dancers going from one to another are always learning something. No dancer would turn down a year's free dance training whether they're pros yet or not!

FORT Fan
    Harlemm may have at best one hit album, then he's 40 and its too late. It shocked me to learn he was 35 years old. I think that will seriously alienate him from young female fans. He is a great singer, but his appeal comes from the fact that he is different. Currently, there is NOT even ONE popular asian male singer in the United States.
    From the projects to the White House...

FORT Regular
    Hey freebie
    Yeah, most people thought it was about finding amateurs, but the rules just say you can't be currently under contract with anyone. Too bad they didn't let the viewing public in on the details of that - it has caused a lot of confusion.

Shannon has, according to someone who knows her around here, released a single, and is in a singing group herself. Someone said something about her being on an NBA dance team, so she's probably not the fresh "amateur" you might have thought she was. Brandon probably has the least experience out of everyone left. The good news (or bad news, depending on POV) is that they both have the same shot at the prize.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by smouzon
    Harlemm may have at best one hit album, then he's 40 and its too late. It shocked me to learn he was 35 years old. I think that will seriously alienate him from young female fans. He is a great singer, but his appeal comes from the fact that he is different. Currently, there is NOT even ONE popular asian male singer in the United States.
    Huh????
    Do I need to make a list of people over 40 who are still selling albums??

Okay. . . the Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney, Tony Bennett, James Taylor, Elton John, Billy Joel - let me know if I need to go on because it won't be difficult!!

Also there are actually fans out there OTHER THAN young female fans who buy records!!!

Harlemm's appeal comes from the fact that he is UNIQUE and that he is amazingly talented!!! I saw some very "different" people audition for Fame but they didn't have the talent. Being Asian is a bonus but not the reason for his appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by caper
    Huh????
    Do I need to make a list of people over 40 who are still selling albums??
    Just wanted to add U2, who not only are all over 40, but whose Elevation tour in 2001-2002 was the 3rd highest grossing concert tour of all time. Not too shabby for a foursome of old farts.
    Men are like slinkies... not really good for anything, but you can't help but smile as you see one tumble down the stairs.

FORT Fan
    Yes...I have seen the website for shannons rock band, and her dance group..but ALL in Oregan which is nice I am sure but not like being in LA or NYC or even Miami...

as for Harlemm being Unique?? well yeah..but for some of us it is not a "nice' unique...it is sort of a "try too hard" and oversing, thing...and the background, the lies about age just "ice the cake"..
    as I stated before I really am getting sick of "double dipping" on reality shows and talent shows and sick of peoples pasts cropping up...and yes, serena and tyce are also too seasoned I think..JMO

+ Reply to Thread