+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Harlemm Lee

Quote Originally Posted by enygma
    Please no comparisons to Clay ( I'd insert the barf smiley but am afraid for my life).

I really like Harlemm. He's my favorite one on the show. I don't care if he lied about his age at the audition, I can understand why he did it. It doesn't bother me at all that he had his name changed, I like the name Harlemm Lee. Wheather he is Gerry Woo or Harlemm Lee, or if he's 27 or he's going to be 36, he's a great performer. He gives his ALL every time he's out on stage. It's so rare to find artists as original, talented and passionate as he is. I don't think any performer should be judged on their age, name, and past experience in the industry. I think it's great that he has some experience in recording, it's probably made him more determined to succeed and it'll probably make him a great recording artist. But this is JMHO, if you don't agree with anything that he's done, or you don't like him as a performer, I'm not trying to persuade you to think differently. I just think Harlemm's amazing, he's a great performer.

cyl
    FORT Newbie

Voting troubles

Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    I am definately his fan! Each week he gives me more reasons to hope that he will make it. I tried voting, but had problems so, I hope you were able to get through!
    FYI, sometimes I have trouble getting through, or I get a message saying that voting is closed for my time zone. But if I wait a half hour or so, I'm usually able to get through later...

FORT Newbie
    Harlemm is an amazing perform and puts so much heart into what he does....he could reveal in the next episode that he's really a martian and I still would buy a copy of his CD

He's a little over-expressive. His rendition of Careless Whisper was wayyy over the top. He needs to do what Clay had to do... Tone it down and just sing and dance without trying to be Celine Dion.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by evilgrin
    He's a little over-expressive. His rendition of Careless Whisper was wayyy over the top. He needs to do what Clay had to do... Tone it down and just sing and dance without trying to be Celine Dion.
    Please, please don't put Harlemm and Celine Dion in the same sentence!!! She has become a Las Vegas caricature and can't hold a candle to his originality and sincerity.

If anyone would like to post on a forum just on the topic of our guy.. then go to http://pub11.ezboard.com/bharlemmleeistheplacetobe

anyone's welcome.. but please no bashers!!
    and holding interviews for moderators!!

eny
    FORT Fogey
    ( You are smart to hold interviews- I was kidnapped into this job )

Don't compare him to either Clay (who can't dance), or Celine (who is such an embarrassment , we are glad she moved to Vegas)

He is his own person/performer which is why I find him great to watch. A lot of them seem to be oversinging- it must be the coaches.

Don't compare him to either Clay (who can't dance), or Celine (who is such an embarrassment , we are glad she moved to Vegas)

He is his own person/performer which is why I find him great to watch. A lot of them seem to be oversinging- it must be the coaches.

I agree. The reason that I enjoy Harlamm so much, besides his tremendous talent, is that he's so unique. He's so different from all of the other contestants, which makes him a lot more entertaining, IMO.

FORT Fan
    Sorry but I disagree...yes it was nice that american idol wasn't all about "image" this year...but...Fame is about a triple threat...I find Harlemm is wearing thin already...unique, yes...but not really enjoyable...he is not pleasant for me to watch

I also dislike someone who first off changed his age, then we learn he changed his name, no mention of his past recordings....when they told us about his age why not tell us all the rest??

I feel like he had his chance ....let the kids half his age have theirs...alex, shannon and young brandon...

while some may find him unique that "uniqueness" has starting to feel creepy to me...the over the top, crying, making faces, oversinging.. the kung fu moves..

I think he would get very tiresome, very fast...I also wish Fame would have decided what they wanted...finding fresh talent or recycling it...I am not thrilled about the spoiler either LOL

FORT Newbie
    What is wrong with changing your name!? The entertainment world is full of new names - that's why the phrase "stage name" was invented. When Debbie told us about his age the only point she was trying to make was that AGE DOESN'T MATTER - not that everything else DOES. If she decided to tell us everything all the contestants had done before she'd have to have a seperate show just to get it all in.
    I think most people who are in their thirties or beyond understand how intimidating the thought of competing against people half your age could be. We are a culture that worships youth.
    Harlamm's uniqueness is that he isn't afraid to show some real emotion - perhaps a benefit of being older - in a business that's so shallow and superficial. We are so accustomed to this that real emotion does start feeling creepy because it IS real and the truth is sometimes uncomfortable.
    Harlamm's got talent, charisma, sincerity, and GUTS!
    Go Harlamm, Go Harlamm, Go Harlamm!!!

+ Reply to Thread