+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Harlemm Lee

FORT Newbie
    I just did a search for "Gerry Woo" at Tower Records. You can hear a sample of his singing under "Help Yourself". It's definitely "Harlemm".

http://www.towerrecords.com/product....2680913&cc=USD

Originally posted by AnnaRHR
    I found two songs of him singing (back in the 80s ) and he sounds really good - You can tell it's him... If anyone wants a copy, let me know and I can e-mail them to you...
    Anna, I can't get Kazaa on my computer so could you please e-mail them to me? My e-mail address is Chrldr1818@aol.com

FORT Fogey
    Okay, I just sent it, so you should be receiving it shortly.

Thanks Anna. I really appreciate it

If anyone knows of a Harlemm Lee fan website let me know!
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

FORT Regular
    Originally posted by acclyaimed4
    I just absolutely loved his performance last night! Careless Whisper is one of my favorite songs, and he did it soo right, and soo original...
    You know what was funny? The fact that the chorus is all about "I'm never gonna dance again" but then he broke out in all those cool moves. Gotta love irony.

It was a really nice performance. His was the best this past week, I think, though everyone (him included) seemed a bit under their previous levels. Hmm, maybe it was not knowing whether they would even stay in the competition until ten seconds before their performances...

...naaaah. :rolleyes:

FORT Newbie
    hey anna can u send taht to me too? thanks!
    davidyoon7@yahoo.com

FORT Regular
    Two days after Fame aired I got an email from a guy who went to school with him, telling me that Harlemm wasn't his real name, that he was not 27 but in his thirties and that he had previously recorded an album in the 80's. He even told me about that page with the picture but I didn't know whether to believe him because of the fact that the picture was small and it was more of a profile picture than a full face shot ... so for me it was hard to tell. But as soon as his age came up on the show, I knew this guy was for real.

Now I wonder if he legally changed his name to Harlemm or he's just using the name Harlemm Lee to hide the fact that he's really Gerry Woo!

I think it's fairly common for people on shows like this to take "stage names". Trenyce, for example, from AI2. Her name is LaShundra Cobbins. I guess Trenyce is more of a "star name".

FORT Fogey
    Actually, Trenyce was her middle name. I am curious as to how Harlemm picked up this exact name, though. And also what Moy's real name is...

+ Reply to Thread