+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Voting Problems and Rules

FORT Fogey
    Originally posted by dawnn
    I never got to vote even once this is UN-AMERICAN!
    Actually, isn't it completely American? In plenty of regions, they make it very difficult for certain people to vote and, further, the votes didn't even count, because the person in the White House didn't get the popular vote. Just thought that was an ironic statement, because this voting situation is completely American...

FORT Fogey
    You know, on All American Girl, they had a problem with the voting one week, so they just didn't eliminate anyone for that week. Maybe this will be a situation like that...

I see your point - they should have said what the voting limitations were up front.

I didnt get to vote at all either i hope alot of people voted for serena
    Mariah TLC Lil Kim Christina Jennifer Hudson Guy

this sucks...i called at 10.16 and supposedly all the votes they could handle were in. whats the point of saying 2 hours when its not even 20 minutes that you can vote? that got me SOOO mad...16 minutes...and i couldnt even vote ONCE! ahk!

FORT Newbie

Phone Line Freeze

I watched the entire. I did not hear about a maximum vote limit. I called at 10 p.m. and the lines were busy. I kept trying and was finally able to get 3 votes in: 1 each for Shannon, Serena, & Brandon. After that, they would not take any more calls from this time zone. That was about 10:18 p.m. WHAT A RIP-OFF but at least I got to vote. It's really not fair to the participants. Let's see how Mama Debbie (Allen) handles this. No one should be voted off next week as they said we had 2 hours to vote! Who/Where do I protest to? I happened to find this website because I was trying to protest this matter.:mad: WHAT A RIP-OFF!!

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Nothing about a cap on the number of calls per time zone was mentioned on the tv show other than you can't vote for one number more than five times. How can you cap it at a million per time zone and call it a true test..What if all 12 get the max?

I think they set out to avoid the problems of the AI vote, but it got screwed up badly!

They can get away with it because they posted the producer can change the number of votes blah blah legaleeze on the website. I don't recall seeing a similar disclaimer broadcast on the show.
    Last edited by eny; 06-20-2003 at 03:03 AM.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Further restrictions from NBC.com

Power dialing occurs when individuals unfairly influence the outcome of the voting system by generating significant blocks of votes using technical enhancements. The "Fame" producers will have in place weekly monitoring procedures designed to prevent this type of occurrence. If the producers and NBC believe that power-dialing votes were made, they reserve the right to remove these votes from the final tally.

Voting from pay phones will not be allowed and will be blocked. To vote for your favorite "Fame" contestant, we recommend that you use a standard landline telephone or a cellular/wireless telephone. If you decide to use your cellular/wireless telephone, charges may apply.

Voting is currently only available using a standard landline telephone or cellular/wireless telephone. If you decide to use your cellular/wireless telephone, charges may apply.

Ok, voting problems aside, why do the poor kids have to train/rehearse for a whole week, not knowing if they're going to be eliminated? That really seems mean. At least with AI, the bounced contestents knew within 24 hours and could move on.

Well I decided to wait a while after the show to avoid possible busy signals. 30 minutes after the show I submitted 5 votes without any problem. I tried a 6th just to see if it works and the message said I had only voted my limit - or something similar. So I got all 5 votes in easily.

Next I tried my cell phone. The message said I had already voted my limit with this phone? I hadn't voted at all - so I figured cell phones weren't allowed.

I did not hear a time zone max message?

Weird. And I thought this voting system was great. If they say you can vote for 2 hours, then you should be able to.
    Spay and Neuter your Pets!
    www.chemkim.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast