+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Voting Problems and Rules

but the 5 vote rule would have fixed that without them making the assumption that "X" number of votes should come in from the eastern time zone. People started getting the recording 1/2 hour into the voting.

Either they had no clue what type of response they would get, or... hmmm, I can't think of another reason for the calls to have stopped being allowed 1/2 hour in.

Yeah, I know, I complained with AI, now I'm complaining again
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I see what you're saying, but I also don't see a problem with them saying "you get a maximum of 5 votes per phone line, or until we reach X number of votes in your time zone. Vote early, or don't vote."

9:05! WOW.

That really isn't cool.

So, how many time zones does the show air in? Since eastern and central are two different time zones, but the show airs at the same "time" (8e/7c) does it count as one time zone?... what about pacific and mountain? Are there a total of 2, 3, 4, or 5 zones? even with 5... well, 5 million votes doesn't seem that high.... and I doubt there's 5.

Sorry, I am rambling now.

Maybe it's just the number they chose for X that bugs me....
    Or maybe I just want to complain about something today

I got the 'maximum number of calls for my time zone' message at 9:15. Kept getting busy signals before that. Fame didn't go off in my area until 9 - that only gave me a 15 minute window to vote in.

Time to stop participating in yet another "reality" tv farce.

ETA: I just emailed them to let them know I will not be watching ANYTHING on NBC this summer.
    Last edited by zippy; 06-19-2003 at 04:48 PM.

Originally posted by John
    I see what you're saying, but I also don't see a problem with them saying "you get a maximum of 5 votes per phone line, or until we reach X number of votes in your time zone. Vote early, or don't vote."
    But John, they never said that during the show. Debbie said to hurry and vote because you only have 2 hours. My whole family laughed at the absurdity of needing 2 hours to vote 5 times. Little did we know we were being lied to.

FORT Newbie

vote scam!

I'm very upset about all of Florida being shut out of the vote last night,June 18th.
    Once again in Florida "your vote does NOT count!" I have called my local radio and tv stations even all the way to Calif and NBC studios.

NBC used to be one of my favorite channels. But no I think they aren't interested in us Southeast viewers since they don't want to count our votes.

It's not fair to the contestants I wanted to vote for!!!
    If they don't fix this I'm not watching anymore!!!!!!

How about you?
    Blondie

FORT Newbie
    I never got to vote even once this is UN-AMERICAN!
    Blondie

does it really have anything to do with NBC?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast