+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Voting Problems and Rules

wow

They will have some 'splainin' to do next week.
    Don't say 5 per phone, then assume you know how many people will be calling per time zone... that makes no sense.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Hmmm, I don't like the sound of this.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Regular
    THEY SAID THAT THEY ARE CUTTING OFF THE PHONE LINES AFTER 1 MILLION VOTES TOTAL PER TIME ZONE. PRETTY LAME HUH.

FORT Fogey
    I didn't hear them say that they'd cut it off after 1 million per time zone, that is worse than lame...it cut a lot of people out of the process, so who's to know that those who are kept really are the favorites? Maybe it's a phone company thing... if they are sponsoring the toll free #...

Nancy

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    After one million votes?? Didn't hear them say that but it's dumb. Hell, I never got to vote at all.
    ~*~ Maji *~

FORT Newbie
    yeah, what is this? i think it's all rigged and once they got enough votes for the people they want to advance, they closed the lines down. this sucks. i wanted to vote for ray and moy.

FORT Fogey
    Well, they had better improve this problem ASAP. If somebody I really like leaves (i.e. Harlemm or Brandon), then I will be mad. They better not have this problem next week! I got my votes in though, at least. Now we know to start voting ASAP after the show ends...

I think this means the show is more popular than they expected, so that's probably a good sign. I just hope they correct this problem...

FORT Regular
    The mountain time zone closed immediately at 9:05. Tried to get thru for Harlem, Lauren and Serena and only got one vote in.
    The performers got gyped.

Jasmine Trias & Sam Milby NBCDaytimeFan's Avatar

From NBC.com: There IS a vote maximum

From NBC.com:
    Fame Voting FAQs

How do I know my vote has been placed?

Voting for your favorite "Fame" contestant begins at the end of the show. Remember voting is open for only two-hours, and will be closed earlier if the maximum number of votes for the particular time zone has been reached. If you place your vote during the two-hour window in the appropriate time zone applicable to the phone number from which you are calling, you will hear a pre-recorded message from your chosen contestant, thanking you for your vote and confirming the name of the contestant for whom you have voted.

If you place a call outside the voting window, you will either hear a fast busy signal or a pre-recorded message to that effect, and your vote will NOT count. If you place a call, but we have reached our call-in maximum for your particular time zone, you will hear a pre-recorded message to that effect, and your call will NOT count as a vote. Finally, if you place more than five calls from one particular telephone number, you will hear a pre-recorded message stating that you have reached your call-in limit for that particular telephone number, and your call will NOT count as a vote. The producer reserves the right to change the limit on the number of calls that may be made from each originating telephone number in the producer's sole discretion. Viewers will be notified of any such change.

Once the voting window has closed, no more votes will be accepted and you will hear a fast busy signal.
    That really sucks. I don't really understand why they would have a time zone maximum.

Yay, I'm so happy that NBC has the foresight to fix the problems in AI. 5 calls per phone line, time zone maximums, etc. No one needs to vote for 2 hours solid, for anything.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast